The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Combat Metrics 0.9 Bugs

• Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    So far things have looked good on live with the new patch. With the changes to how the api provides heal data it is nice seeing just how much overhealing i'm doing, but i'm guessing now its a lot more work if impossible to get the true heal values?

What do you mean by true heal values?
    Internally the full data is available. Effective heal, Overheal and the sum of both, which I called absolute heal. The question is what to do with it and how to display it. Adding it to the Live Report Window is not that hard, also adding a switch button in the full report window.
    The biggest, if not impossible challenge would be to show all data in the ability panel, since there is no more space for more columns.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solinur wrote: »
    So far things have looked good on live with the new patch. With the changes to how the api provides heal data it is nice seeing just how much overhealing i'm doing, but i'm guessing now its a lot more work if impossible to get the true heal values?

What do you mean by true heal values?
    Internally the full data is available. Effective heal, Overheal and the sum of both, which I called absolute heal. The question is what to do with it and how to display it. Adding it to the Live Report Window is not that hard, also adding a switch button in the full report window.
    The biggest, if not impossible challenge would be to show all data in the ability panel, since there is no more space for more columns.

Alright, I wasn't sure how the changes to the api altered that. I normally use that absolute value to judge how effective the heals actually are and that was the part that stood out most.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, I wasn't sure how the changes to the api altered that. I normally use that absolute value to judge how effective the heals actually are and that was the part that stood out most.

The api implemented a new field "overflow" which in case of heals shows how much of the heal would be excessive, aka overheal. At the same time the field which always had the actual value of the heal now only shows the effective heal, that actually restores HP. So all Addons if they are not altered will now only show the effective heal, the new overflow field will be ignored.

Combat Metrics was basically not altered, so that per default since Elsweyr only shows the effective heal. However I actually also grab the overflow field and also store that data. At the moment that data is only shown in the top left panel (where you can also see HPS and so on ), showing the overheal and the absolute heal.

My question would be: What would you like to see, what would you need?

Would you just need to see the absolute heal in the live report window?

Do you want to see how much a certain spell can potentially heal (basically it's "absolute" heal)? Then maybe a button to switch the ability panel to show absolute heal (basically like it was before Elsweyr) would be an option. I guess I could also make the crit% column switchable so you can also select to show overheal % if desired.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yah, that was a long way of saying what you suggested would be useful, both for actual values and so skills that only over heal show up.

And the rambling comment is directed at me, really need to not post when tired.
    Edited by CP5 on May 22, 2019 9:24PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    is there anyway to have the "death knell" passive calculated into the output of combat metrics?