The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did ZOS change matchmaking ?

Vostorn
Vostorn
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I was used to have balanced teams and that I could do a good part of my job in battlegrounds. Matches were very funny because in most matches, scores were pretty balanced among teams and I couldn't tell after 2-3min witch team would win because first and second position swapped many times during the match.

I haven't played since last weekend but I've noticed grouping being faster while I have seen more overwhelming victories this weekend than I saw in the past months. I also feel like either the matches are too easy where I can kill someone like a mob or that I am totally useless in some matches where I can't kill anyone while I melt in seconds.

Did you notice those changes too ?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Still playing with the same old people, and getting decimated by the same old toxic premades.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems normal to me. 2-3 wardens per group running a frost staff, rotating permafrosts, ice blockades everywhere, perma snared, stunned half the time, never having full control over your character for more than a few seconds, etc. Just as miserable and unplayable as it has always been.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed some changes as well, I’m still trying to figure out how MMR works though and my place in it, so I have less of a standard of comparison.

In one match I’m with all high CP and good players, next match I was with two players under CP160, next one I’m against the Dottz gaming guy. I was starting to think the whole MMR thing was a myth.

I do see the same players a lot, but I’ve been doing a lot of BGs recently so IDK. Maybe this is what being in the middle ranks is like?
    Edited by Iskiab on February 24, 2019 5:45AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Iphin
    Iphin
    ✭✭✭
    I've only been playing BG for a few months, so I suppose I don't have context to how it may have been before?

I find that I have good days and bad - and, yes, there are probably more bad for me...

Still enjoy it, though. :)
    "Those who believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand."
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    same old, same old... did 4 matches today, lost to 4 premades. Nothing new

rip decibel
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    I just know that if I'm solo queuing at Aussie prime time:

If I wait for 20 mins in queue, it's seal clubbing time.

If wait for less than 10 mins, I'll be against that trio that always queues at that time (regularls in this time frame will know who i mean).

If queues are instant, HA. That isn't going to happen. At least I can get the writs and that 150 daily quest prologue achievement done.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only see new people in bgs when I'm on my other char I do bgs with
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    20 minutes? Wow, is that because of the time zone?

I find the whole MMR thing confusing. I have no idea what my rank would be. I see the same names all the time, but occasionally there’ll be a CP120 or something thrown into the mix. My queues are no longer than 5 minutes, how do I interpret that? Does being a pvp healer have an effect (besides getting low points)?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know but I'm getting a lot more potatoes in my games. Not nice.

Just a few minutes ago I got a really fun game stacked with good players in every team. The very next game I was in hell's kitchen with nothing but potatoes to work with. I left before it even started.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a few days of the new patch, still being queued against stacked premades while solo, so doesn't seem like much has changed.
    Edited by ecru on March 1, 2019 7:33AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Just a few minutes ago I got a really fun game stacked with good players in every team. The very next game I was in hell's kitchen with nothing but potatoes to work with. I left before it even started.

I’m going up against premades with potato’s on my team more often. It isn’t fun.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

I’m going up against premades with potato’s on my team more often. It isn’t fun.

Feeling the same way regardless of the toon's perceived MMR bracket.. Out of the last 9/10 BG's I have yet to start with a full team while against 1 optimal and organized 4man team and another 4man seemingly made of solos.

The 1/10 was a premade looking for the other premades.. came up against mostly solos. Neither experience was fun.
    Edited by Grimlok_S on March 1, 2019 8:38PM
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the match making got worse. It now quite often puts player in a MMR match where they should not be.
    Edited by Zer0oo on March 1, 2019 11:37PM
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remind me, what's the definition of insanity again? Isn't it to repeat the same exact thing, and expect a different outcome each time? Hmm, sounds a lot like a certain company we know...