The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Furniture bag just like the craft bag

IHecate
IHecate
✭✭✭
Hi there,
I've bought houses just to store my excess furniture and was wondering if zos should introduce a furniture bag that works just like the craft bag, keeping all your furnishing items in one place. It can be an eso plus subscriptions reward. Just putting it out there. Cheers!!
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, and lockpicks and soulgems.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is very needed! 😊😊
    I have so much crown store furnishings i the bank. 😣😑
    PC EU
  • DragonHeart000
    Honestly, I don't think it would really be that good of an idea. Having a whole extra tab just for furniture like there is with crafting materials would get excessive and then people would start asking for more infinite storage bags.

You can already do what you said you've done and buy extra houses to store furnishings. You can look at Faunter's ESO house price list to see the cheapest houses you can buy for storage.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • AvaLanche1
    AvaLanche1
    ✭✭
    I have 23 fully furnished homes (I would happily live in any one of them) and a bank full of excess furniture. I would love to have a furnishing warehouse slot available to us, similar to a craft bag.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am currently at 9 storage houses:
    • 3 of them store luxury vendor items
    • 3 of them store items I can craft (in viewable form)
    • 1 stores items I have found in the world + master writ yellow recipe craftable items
    • 1 stores plants and rocks to lug around and use at each house
    • 1 stores items I bought for houses but decided against using + stair/floor/structure creations
    These are all homes I would rather be decorating instead. Imagine all the new items that will require storage a few years from now? The amount just grows and grows. With every storage house required, that's one more house I cannot enjoy decorating, which makes me super sad.

Please figure out some way to give us a furniture storage UI, I beg you ZOSERS :grimace:
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make it fair, items in a furniture bag would probably be bound to your account. That way people couldn't speculate by accumulating large amounts of luxury or event box furnishings and then sitting on them until priced to sell.

By contrast, nearly every item in the Craft Bag can be found on any day just by doing an activity that normally drops them (farming, deconstruction, dailies, etc). The only real exception is the Crown Mimic Stone which is bound on pickup.
    signing off
  • IHecate
    IHecate
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry it took me a while to get back to this post.
    I have 4 storage chest/coffers, 3 notable homes and 7 staple homes all full of excess furniture. This makes it really clumsy to decorate other properties. I'm constantly going.. "now where is my......?" Prompting me to travel back and forth between houses. Having all my excess furniture in one place, to grab and place whenever I need it would be a godsend.
    Just saying....
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sort of reviving this thread because my housing guild is currently talking about furniture storage woes.

I have 2 700 slot houses, 2/3 of my max limit bank and 5 of the storage boxes stuffed with furniture.

A 2nd issue is that identical items from crown and crafting sources don't stack (starting a new thread on that...)

A furniture bag would be amazing as everything would just be there available when I am decorating and not taking up space elsewhere or taking up houses I might want to decorate.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be extremely useful.

I've been using houses to store random pieces, but that means you have to go to the houses to collect the pieces, to be able to then place them in another house and (obviously) means you then have to have houses that are just used as warehouses.

Or, if you put them in your bank (which I now tend to do with stuff I have a lot of and/or that drops regularly), they take up a lot of room.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    To make it fair, items in a furniture bag would probably be bound to your account. That way people couldn't speculate by accumulating large amounts of luxury or event box furnishings and then sitting on them until priced to sell.

Why would it matter if they did?

Not only that, but if a lot of people did that, that would increase the supply and bring the prices down again.

My guess is that it would roughly even out, over all.

People would probably buy more and then be able to keep it for longer, before selling; but, the greater supply would ensure the prices stayed reasonable.

If you buy 100 of the same luxury item, for resale, you can (currently) store it all in one bank slot, anyway.

The issue is more concerning items you only have a few of (whether intended for eventual resale, or not)

Do you stick them in a storage house and then have to go and find them, before you can use them/sell them, or do you take up a bank slot with them?
    Edited by Tigerseye on April 11, 2019 2:00AM
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be nice.

Ive stopped bothering with housing due to the space of unused furniture
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IHecate wrote: »
    I've bought houses just to store my excess furniture and was wondering if zos should introduce a furniture bag that works just like the craft bag...
    Yes.
    Yes, they should!

As well as give us more stack sizes for lockpicks. And all the other consumables, -especially- the "novelty" consumables like mudballs and such!