The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Relatively new player asking for help with magplar

onegunholiday
Hi all. I recently downloaded eso again after the first time I installed it and I’m intent on giving the game a serious go. Is anyone willing to sell or help me by crafting a training set of gear for my Breton magplar? I’m currently level 32 and I’m not sure I’m leveling as efficiently as I could. My ideal endgame for him is to be a master crafter/trials healer, but I would like to level all armor lines as well, and eventually all weapon skills. Any advice or help through here or in game would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Best Answers

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling up both crafting and combat skills can be done on a lower level character ... but you're going to have to be diligent about getting skill points in addition to enjoying the game. If you're on PC, there are add-ons to help with skyshard locations and skill points you're missing. If you're on console, there are online guides.

If you're a magplar, there's really not a need to level up your stamina weapon lines ... especially 2-hand and bow. You'll want to focus on staves first (destruction, restoration) if you're going to heal.

Be sure to start your trait research right away if you're going to craft!

Your gameplay will pay off eventually. My Templar Healer has done end game content and is also a 9-trait crafter.

m7EGbAa.png

Answer ✓
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello. :smile:

If your sole goal is to level up faster then you can try various of different things. You can go for dolmens or world bosses. You can queue in dungeons or go for public dungeons. Doing delves can also give a nice amount of XP. But since it's your first character I would advice you to take you're time. It's a big and beautiful world, with a lot of great stories. No need to rush.

But finish the main quest, that alone gives a lot of XP.

As for crafting, start research as soon as possible. When you get new weapons, armor, necklace or rings go to each respective workstation. Research takes hours and when you have done a lot it can take days. So make sure to start that soon.
    Edited by VDoom1 on February 23, 2019 9:34AM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, as you mentioned yourself, you’ll eventually want to level up all the armor weights.

If you can craft your own gear, then your character’s power level in combat will be noticeably better under level 50. Remember, putting skill points into other crafting passives makes getting skill points a priority ... so you’ll have to weigh that against just having fun leveling. Maybe both is fun depending on how much you enjoy the game. B)

Since it’s eventually going to be a healer, focus on light armor first:

5-light
    1-medium
    1-heavy

... is preferred. But, it’s your character so level it up however you like.
    Answer ✓
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I have found it better to try to level all of your weapon skills whilst levelling up. I do things like using a skill slot for a weapon you are not holding whilst doing a random normal, or weapon swapping just before the final boss dies. Xp scrolls just they die help as well, as they increase skill lines speed too.

The reason for doing weapons early is that respecs are cheaper at lower levels, as you have fewer skill points (50 gold per skill point). Once you have finished a weapon skill, respec and move more weapon skills. You get a free respec somewhere around level 50 anyway.

Another trick to to weapon swap to the skills you want to improve before handing in quests. This way, you level exactly what you want.
    Answer ✓
  • onegunholiday
    Thanks guys. I’ve been leveling all class skills evenly and getting every skill to morph status, and I’ve been doing research as well. Seems like I’m doing everything so far, so I’ll just enjoy the time until 50 and cp.

Should I invest my skill points into tailoring and blacksmithing to craft my guy a mix of heavy/light at level 32 with training and seducers to get me through 32-50? I’ve been trying to level those lines only investing in the research passives, but I want to make a set that I can keep until level 50.
  • onegunholiday
    I currently have light armor at 43 and heavy at about 20 and medium at like 10 lol. How should I make the gear to evenly level them, or should I still stick to 5-1-1 for my light armor passives?
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I can gather, different pieces increase your skills at different speeds. So, a heavy chest piece will raise your skill level faster than a heavy gloves piece. Can anyone else confirm this?

Would I be correct in saying that your medium piece is either gloves or belt? If my theory is correct, the medium should either be feet, legs shoulder or head.

To increase an armour skill faster, there is also a skill point you can get for each at around level 22 in that skill. You could also don all an entire set of one weight and also the skill point before turning in quests. This is what I do.