Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mag blade pve

reynoldslad93
Hi I’m looking into making a mag blade for pve I’ve always been magplar for bg and pvp never really done pve but looking at venturing into it and changing from Templar for a new feel and change of skills , my question is , is magblade viable and a have high dps for end game trials/vet dungeons or should I try stam as I never played stam before , any info would be greatful thanks
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great dps. Survived some nrfs but still viable
    Beware: the rotation is tough and you rely in la hits, which is wonky
    Edited by paulychan on February 21, 2019 8:12PM
  • reynoldslad93
    Thanks for the feedback , is there some other class you’d suggest with easier rotation ? As I’ve only played Templar not sure myself thanks
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've played a magblade for some time, and yes, its AWESOME for PVE endgame. The DPS is ridiculous.

The rotation isn't too hard. Its called "dynamic" because you have to be cognizant of when your buffs and shields are up. The main one to keep track of is Merciless Resolve where the uptime is 20 seconds, but to take full advantage, you have to activate the Assassin's Will every 5 LA/HA hits. And do this while keeping up things like Cripple and Channeled Acceleration which have smaller uptimes. And buffing your LA with Elemental Weapon every time. So basically, instead of cycling through the same buttons every time, it will change periodically.

I played my magblade with Spell Strat and IA, so I also mixed in a heavy attack to keep up the damage buff from IA. Once you get used to it, you can thrash almost anything in the game. Once you figure out why some skills have to be up and for how long, it becomes second nature. It took a couple of weeks to get used to it, as my main was a StamDK with a very easy rotation. Don't give up. Its worth it. Plus, you can be a monster in PVP when necessary, too.
  • reynoldslad93
    Awesome thanks a lot for the reply and much needed info , seems roughly the same as my Templar in battleground I have longer and shorter buffs to keep up , just gotta get used to throwing more LA/weaving in , I’m gonna give it a try what’s the IA set you mentioned ? Thanks again
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a magblade parse on the pts I done with a breton. I'm new to PC and I'm only 129 cp on live right now so that's why I'm referring to this parse

bdOvqa1h.png
    Edited by Splattercat_83 on February 23, 2019 8:21PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much loss is there from using Swallow Soul rather than Elemental Weapon?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much loss is there from using Swallow Soul rather than Elemental Weapon?

In connection with that question -- some build sites still seem to favor Swallow Soul.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome thanks a lot for the reply and much needed info , seems roughly the same as my Templar in battleground I have longer and shorter buffs to keep up , just gotta get used to throwing more LA/weaving in , I’m gonna give it a try what’s the IA set you mentioned ? Thanks again

IA is Infallible Aether, but it is not ideal on Magblade. The Minor Vulnerability debuff will usually be provided by a healer, or sometimes a Sorcerer.

For trials, many Magblades use Master Architect, since they have a low cost ultimate (Soul Harvest) and they can help buff those around them. Nightblades don’t have much group synergy other than this set.

Mother’s Sorrow, Spell Strat (single target fights), Burning Spellweave (AoE fights), and Siroria (stationary fights) are all useful as well.