The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperfected asylum inferno staff

IWinWithPewPew
IWinWithPewPew
✭✭✭
I got a question about the staff,

Is it in 2019 still worth using on Magsorc, and does somebody have a build for it?
If not worth using on magsorc , is there a class which it is worth using on?

Kind Regards
PewPew!
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is worth using on a magsorc in 2019. It is possible to have 40k+ DPS even with an imperfect inferno + willpower jewelry.
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    Yes, it is worth using on a magsorc in 2019. It is possible to have 40k+ DPS even with an imperfect inferno + willpower jewelry.

got a rotation for that? :D
  • royo
    royo
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a some gold or want to farm, you'll get better results from something like Mother's Sorrow and Spell Strat or BSW.
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    royo wrote: »
    If you have a some gold or want to farm, you'll get better results from something like Mother's Sorrow and Spell Strat or BSW.

i have full BSW ( jewels + staff-
    I have Full MS ( Jewels + staff(S))
    I have full IA (Jewels+Staff(s))
    I have Full Spell Strat (Staff+ armor , no jewels)
    I Have full (normal)siroria (Armor + staff(S)) ( working on jewels)

But i just suck at rotation i think. I never get more than 20K dps :expressionless:
  • royo
    royo
    ✭✭✭
    Check out Alcast's build video. I'm sure it's either cp or rotation. You have the necessary gear.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpIrcCH4g2o
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psjic skill line elemental weapon out performs asylum + force pulse.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liquid Lightning, Wall of Elements, and Haunting Curse run long enough that you can get in three casts of Force Pulse / Crushing Shock and maybe a Crystal Frags proc before you need to re-apply the first one (Wall). Also, the window for the Asylum effect (10 seconds) is long enough that you can do things like Force Pulse - bar swap - Lightning - Wall - Curse - bar swap - 2x Force Pulse, and still get the effect. (And Light Attacks in between as often as possible.)

At this stage, this sounds mostly as an issue with rotation. Esp. getting in frequent Light Attacks takes practice, and also working out a rotation that re-applies the DoTs often enough but not too often. But yes, an Asylum staff is still fine.
  • NocturnalSonata
    NocturnalSonata
    ✭✭✭
    The psjic line feels grotesque and sounds grotesque, and as that outperforms FP + asylum by only a small margin, it is really up to you what you prefer the feel of. As for me, i think ti is obvious my choice, and i do just fine. A perfected staff would yield better results though.