The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

craft bag is being unfair, imo. Will live with it that way

zvavi
zvavi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
so to continue my previous question, i have made an expariment.
and as you see from the screen shots, it prioritized crafting bag. then inventory. then bank.unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
i am literally being punished for paying for eso+ in the past. please change the priorities to inventory, bank, craft bag
or even inventory, craft bag, bank. i mean, if anyone thinks it is fair or makes sense that i cant craft gear for people cause i dont have eso+ anymore and it will diminish my own materials, please say so. up till then, i am very, very, very ragy :rage:
Edited by zvavi on February 21, 2019 4:00PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, this would be a good QoL fix for them to do.

The cynical side of me thought keeps thinking "working as intended". :sweat:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    Well, for me ESO is not B2P, but P2P and I treat it that way.
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not being "punished" for having the craft bag in the past. You actually get to keep all of the materials that you put into the craft bag in there, until you use them. The craft bag is a paid upgrade, that ZoS actually lets you keep after you have stopped paying for it. (Which is pretty nice of them)

It's like purchasing a storage unit to store your stuff in, but if you stop paying, you can only take things out of it, you can't add anything to the unit. In the real world, you stop paying for the storage unit, you take all your stuff out of it, or you lose it (and it ends up on a low budget TLC show).

Be thankful they let you keep the items in there, rather than dumping them all into your inventory.

Same thing is true of the double bank space you get with ESO+, you can keep items in there over the limit, but you just can't add anything thing more to it until you get below the new maximum you have.

The system is way, way, way more than fair the way that it is right now, they could be a lot stingier with it if they wanted.

Plus, there is basically a free ESO+ trial every 2 months or so where you can dump all the stuff back in to the craft bag, and still have access to it. I've been using those to manage inventory on my alt account now for the last year or so.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    so to continue my previous question, i have made an expariment.
    and as you see from the screen shots, it prioritized crafting bag. then inventory. then bank.unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    i am literally being punished for paying for eso+ in the past. please change the priorities to inventory, bank, craft bag
    or even inventory, craft bag, bank. i mean, if anyone thinks it is fair or makes sense that i cant craft gear for people cause i dont have eso+ anymore and it will diminish my own materials, please say so. up till then, i am very, very, very ragy :rage:

um...no. How is that being unfair? And why do you suddenly no longer remember how to craft gear? You have access to materials, just not the craft bag. Someone wants you to craft for them, they can send you the mats to do it. I have experience in doing exactly that; I started crafting in early release, long before they ever came up with the idea of the craft bag. Someone wanted armor that needed 200 ingots/hides/bolts of cloth, they send the mats. If I don't have enough of my own, I accept the mail, or the trade, and use theirs. If I have enough, I'll start making their gear and wait until they send the mats before I send them the completed gear. The mats they send replace the mats I used to make their stuff.

You rented space with ESO+ and got the craft bag.

You no longer have ESO+, so you no longer have the craft bag.

Materials will be pulled from the craft bag before your inventory until the craft bag you no longer have access to is empty. What exactly is the problem?

Technically once people no longer have ESO+ ZOS could make the craft bag and the double bank space with everything in it go *poof* the instant the sub for ESO+ expires. They do not. The craft bag and double bank space you get with eso+ remains, until you empty the "overflow" and access to the double bank space goes away. You lose nothing.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is entirely fair, it’s just unpleasant for you. In fact, it’s rather generous for zeni to keep your mats in the craft bag after your sub expires. And of course the code prioritizes depleting the resource you are no longer entitled to access. What you want is to treat the craft bag as your own personal, free extended bank, which would be unfair to everyone who subs for the craft bag.

Unfair would be deleting the items In your craft bag when your sub lapses. Harsh and ruthless, but still fair, would be to say that you have 30 days to clear out your craft bag on your own after your sub lapses and then they will block access to those items unless you sub again.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its is working as intended to pull from the Crafting Bag first.

Which makes sense. If you have ESO+, all your stuff is there anyways. If you don't, it pulls from your stored stuff while your newly collected unstored mats pile up - and creates inventory management issues to encorage you to subscribe again.

I actually prefer it this way as a deliberate nonsubscriber. Ever since they started the free ESO+ Trials, I've used the trial to stuff my Crafting Bag full of months worth of crafting mats. This simplifies writ crafting enormously, since it pulls straight from the Craft Bag without having to mess with inventory or the bank.

So what can you do?
    Resubscribe. If not:
    During ESO+ Trials, stock up on lower level mats for crafting.
    Currently, stock up on lower level mats as you need them. They are usually pretty cheap, and if you run into storage issues, well...
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. The part I think is unfair is, that it makes it uncomfortable to craft gear for others. IT AFFECTS OTHER PLAYERS, THAT MANY TIMES, PAY FOR THE GAME AS WELL, MANY TIMES, REGULARLY. Why would me not paying for eso+ anymore would affect other players quality of the game? If I wouldn't craft gear for others then I wouldn't care, exactly like the post of the one that said he stacked tons of low level mats for writs, so did I. I can survive with it taking things from the craft bag first. I don't mind it for myself, if anything, it means I don't need to stock on things in my own bank because it will deplete crafting bag first anyway.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. The part I think is unfair is, that it makes it uncomfortable to craft gear for others. IT AFFECTS OTHER PLAYERS, THAT MANY TIMES, PAY FOR THE GAME AS WELL, MANY TIMES, REGULARLY. Why would me not paying for eso+ anymore would affect other players quality of the game? If I wouldn't craft gear for others then I wouldn't care, exactly like the post of the one that said he stacked tons of low level mats for writs, so did I. I can survive with it taking things from the craft bag first. I don't mind it for myself, if anything, it means I don't need to stock on things in my own bank because it will deplete crafting bag first anyway.

How does it affect other players? You can still craft the gear for them. Have them pay you in gold, rather than in the materials themselves to make it, and you have no inventory issues... then you simply buy/farm the materials during one of the approximately 6 free ESO+ trials per year, and refill your craft bag. I'm still not seeing a problem here.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "that makes it uncomfortable to craft gear for others." <== I mean, I know it is a matter of opinion, but I clearly stated mine
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah no. Pay for it or watch the materials disappear from it. You dont get to pay for it once or twice a year and keep all of you extra mats stored away. Sounds like entitlement to me
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "that makes it uncomfortable to craft gear for others." <== I mean, I know it is a matter of opinion, but I clearly stated mine

Okay, but why?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Okay, but why?

Because I don't like taking gold for crafting. People supply the mats. I craft them gear. That's how it always worked for me, that's why it is uncomfortable.

Yeah no. Pay for it or watch the materials disappear from it. You dont get to pay for it once or twice a year and keep all of you extra mats stored away. Sounds like entitlement to me

Neh, I will buy chapters and dlc, but I don't think I will renew my eso+. It feels like I am forced to use it, and as someone who is currently a student, I don't have the sufficient funds. If I can't get use of the few months I can sub, I will not sub at all.

You guys are totally right though, I should start crafting for gold and that's it. And then when mats are depleted for mats like I used to do.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It really doesn't impact the other players.

If you decide to stop crafting for other players because of this, there are lots of other ways for them to get their gear. They can ask other people to craft it for them. They can buy the gear. They can make the gear themselves.

No one is going to be deprived of anything. The only thing that is effected is you deciding YOU won't be the one to make their crafted gear, and that's not really something that ZOS offers as part of the game experience. Other players still have exactly the same quality of the game as before - they just have to look other places than you for the same service.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, you are not punished. If you need to clear inventory, sell mats. Or re-sub. Enough with the hyperbole.

OP, connect the dots when you make statements about this making you now want to craft for others. I was able to infer that you ended up with a bloated inventory from the mats they provided. You will have to adjust. But your situation is an edge case. The implementation is fine. If you don't want to deal with the inconvenience you are experiencing, sell the mats in your crafting bag.

For those who say "just charge gold," in defense of the OP I will say that charging gold can mean additional inconvenience if they are short on some mats and need to search through guild stores to find them for a reasonable price. This is even worse if they are on console.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Okay, I kind of get what you mean. You would like to craft for others solely for the them supplying the mats. Which is generally cheaper even though they have market value, because anyone can gather the mats for free during normal play. Also saves you the trouble of coming up with a fair price of mats you supply. But most of all, you are uncomfortable depleting your own reserves crafting for others.

I agree a toggle would be helpful. Even I with ESO+ would like the game to use the crate mimic stones I have, which can only be banked, before using up the regular ones in my craft bag. That said, if ZOS does make this QoL change, it could be any number of updates down the road.

You have a few options. Stop crafting for others. Despite your argument, it doesn't harm the other players. There are any number of other crafters out there, even in zone chat. Or, realize you will eventually use up your craft bags so stop worrying and start figuring out different storage arrangements. You can commit to once a year buying 1 month of ESO+ to restore your stockpile. Even better, take advantage and plan around the DLC events, which usually come with a weekend of free ESO+. Thieves guild\ Dark Brotherhood is coming up.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Okay, I kind of get what you mean. You would like to craft for others solely for the them supplying the mats. Which is generally cheaper even though they have market value, because anyone can gather the mats for free during normal play. Also saves you the trouble of coming up with a fair price of mats you supply. But most of all, you are uncomfortable depleting your own reserves crafting for others.

I agree a toggle would be helpful. Even I with ESO+ would like the game to use the crate mimic stones I have, which can only be banked, before using up the regular ones in my craft bag. That said, if ZOS does make this QoL change, it could be any number of updates down the road.

You have a few options. Stop crafting for others. Despite your argument, it doesn't harm the other players. There are any number of other crafters out there, even in zone chat. Or, realize you will eventually use up your craft bags so stop worrying and start figuring out different storage arrangements. You can commit to once a year buying 1 month of ESO+ to restore your stockpile. Even better, take advantage and plan around the DLC events, which usually come with a weekend of free ESO+. Thieves guild\ Dark Brotherhood is coming up.

Ye I know, that's the answer I reached as well. Thanks for replying~~ since I have all the dlc, and I won't be able to renew eso+ every month, I run out of reason to renew it. At all. This post should be changed to a QoL post, but then it will make all the "u r wrong" comments feel out of place, and I don't feel like it is fair toward the people here (my sense of Justice is weird and twisted, but mostly it is if it hurts others, why do it? And therefore the first post).

Many social guilds don't have many crafters. A lot of new players. I have been crafting for people for a few of them, people in the comments are right as well, someone else will be able to craft, it will just take longer, and will be more pricey.

Post kinda got concluded imo, please don't post unless it is a new opinion.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that they dumped out of the craft bag immediately if you stopped having it. Just get ESO+ for a month to get things back as you want them.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zvavi, in the real world once you decide to stop paying for a service ... you will lose the privileges of that service.

ESO+ is no different.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be appreciative that they didn't just dump all your crafting mats back into your main bag!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that they dumped out of the craft bag immediately if you stopped having it. Just get ESO+ for a month to get things back as you want them.

don't even really have to buy the ESO+, they do enough free trials that you can usually manage it with that.
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can change the priority in the gameoptions...Gameworld - Items
    Love my Stamsorc
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

It is very noble and kind of you to think of all those other players suffering because of your actions. Rest assured, there are many competent Master Crafters around who would willingly step in to fill the void that you left behind.

Look on the positive side. What you take away with one hand, you give back with the other. Those redundant Crafters might be extremely glad for the extra work and income that comes their way.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crafting bag is an ESO+ perk. Just be glade they don't remove the bag and dump all your mats into your inventory when you cancel ESO+.