The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

TOGGLE PET TARGETING PLEASE!!!

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
I'm having issues with targeting sorcs and Werewolfs in PvP when they have pets out. Can we have an option in Gameplay setting to make pets targetable / not targetable please! I seen a magsorc in cyrodill kiting around his 3 pets and Engine Guardian, the targeting in this game is already pretty wonky, its too easy for WWs and sorcs to abuse this mechanic.
Edited by hesobad on February 19, 2019 10:12PM
Ad Victoriam!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even worse in Battlegrounds. Imagine you’re one of four people on a random team, and you come up against a packleader premade... No fun at all, and yes, it is abused way too often. As I said in another thread, damaging a pet should deal 25% of the damage done to the player controlling the pet.
    Options
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Stands inside storm atronach*
    Options
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    abuse this mechanic

Hahahahhahaha!
    Options
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    agree
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twofaced wrote: »
    abuse this mechanic

Hahahahhahaha!

Why are you laughing? People absolutely abuse pet targeting. Why do you think there are petsorc/packleader premades in BGs? Because they know their pets give them multiple layers of mitigation and eat up single target skills/ultimates. It’s pure trash.
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Even worse in Battlegrounds. Imagine you’re one of four people on a random team, and you come up against a packleader premade... No fun at all, and yes, it is abused way too often. As I said in another thread, damaging a pet should deal 25% of the damage done to the player controlling the pet.

imagine the Petsorc with 4 pets out standing in your destro with all 4 of them...he'll take double the dmg than a normal players would (if all 4 pets stand in there ofc) :trollface:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this should be addressed. It is just not possible to beat the premade with so many pets. It is just ridiculous. I frequently come across a premade of 3 WW pack leaders that are 6 adds around them plus themselves is 9 targets very unfair advantage.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

imagine the Petsorc with 4 pets out standing in your destro with all 4 of them...he'll take double the dmg than a normal players would (if all 4 pets stand in there ofc) :trollface:

Yeah. The idea is to discourage petstacking, and provide balance. Pets provide free mitigation from single target damage — non-pet classes do not have that highly abusable advantage.
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. The idea is to discourage petstacking, and provide balance. Pets provide free mitigation from single target damage — non-pet classes do not have that highly abusable advantage.

jeah I know, hiding behind Pets etc should be looked into.
    I was just a bit surprized about the 25% Idea, not that its a bad one, the pets deal dmg for the player so the player can jsut sit back and play defensive, cause the pets deal "Free" dmg anyways, so it efinetly needs some counterplay
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

jeah I know, hiding behind Pets etc should be looked into.
    I was just a bit surprized about the 25% Idea, not that its a bad one, the pets deal dmg for the player so the player can jsut sit back and play defensive, cause the pets deal "Free" dmg anyways, so it efinetly needs some counterplay

25% is sort of an arbitrary number that I pulled, because the average petsorc can hide behind up to 4 pets at once (scamp, twilight, atronach, Maw of the Infernal proc). I figure, if one player gets free mitigation times four, I should be able to punish them for investing into so much free defence. I get it, people like pets — in a game that lacks traditional MMO targeting, though, there absolutely needs to be some counterplay. I like the idea of damage dealt to pets dealing a percentage of that damage done to players (they could even give the effect a cutesy lore name like “Bond with Nature”), because it still makes pets viable (i.e. they’re still mitigating SOME damage, just not all) while also discouraging stacking. One pet pet player is manageable. Up to four pets per player in a petstacked premade deathmatch BG? That’s just ridiculous.
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of options.
    - Decrease health of pets in PvP so they get killed easily by AOE
    - Pets other than the 1 sorcerer/warden pet, despawn after x seconds
    - Rework targeting so attacks will always hit the player over the pets/make single target attacks never fire on pets unless you have the pet soft targeted
    Options
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    Couple of options.
    - Rework targeting so attacks will always hit the player over the pets/make single target attacks never fire on pets unless you have the pet soft targeted

The easiest and simplest fix they can do right now is have a toggle button to make the pets un-targetable. The tab targeting is a joke, so allow us to key bind on our keyboard the ability to hide the pets from targeting. NO ONE is going to kill a Sorc pet over focusing the sorc, its a waste of time since they can streak away and re summon it anyway. Just another oversight in this game, people abusing it
    Ad Victoriam!
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    Couple of options.

The easiest and simplest fix they can do right now is have a toggle button to make the pets un-targetable. The tab targeting is a joke, so allow us to key bind on our keyboard the ability to hide the pets from targeting. NO ONE is going to kill a Sorc pet over focusing the sorc, its a waste of time since they can streak away and re summon it anyway. Just another oversight in this game, people abusing it

I fear this solution would result in WAY too many tears. I don’t want to delete pet builds entirely; rather, I want to reduce stacking. I think that if players took a percentage of damage every time their pets took damage would be an effective way to discourage stacking, while not punishing people who like to play with one pet (e.g. wardens and their bears).

Either way, something absolutely needs to be done. Another thing that gets overlooked in these discussions is the effect that pet targeting has on individual sustain. When you accidentally target a pet (which is easy to do when there’s a zoo on your screen), that’s a waste of resources. The player controlling the pet has expended almost NO resources by comparison to fully mitigate that damage. Players who are good at kiting around their pets have the advantage of mitigating your damage while draining you of your resources, as well as the capability to create information overload by flooding your screen with a pet zerg, and can delete your entire team with ease.

Really, is this the sort of gameplay the developers had in mind when they designed BGs?

https://youtu.be/x880J15Y6BY
    Options
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    Couple of options.

I fear this solution would result in WAY too many tears. I don’t want to delete pet builds entirely; rather, I want to reduce stacking. I think that if players took a percentage of damage every time their pets took damage would be an effective way to discourage stacking, while not punishing people who like to play with one pet (e.g. wardens and their bears).

Either way, something absolutely needs to be done. Another thing that gets overlooked in these discussions is the effect that pet targeting has on individual sustain. When you accidentally target a pet (which is easy to do when there’s a zoo on your screen), that’s a waste of resources. The player controlling the pet has expended almost NO resources by comparison to fully mitigate that damage. Players who are good at kiting around their pets have the advantage of mitigating your damage while draining you of your resources, as well as the capability to create information overload by flooding your screen with a pet zerg, and can delete your entire team with ease.

Really, is this the sort of gameplay the developers had in mind when they designed BGs?

https://youtu.be/x880J15Y6BY

I am guilty of playing a pet sorc in BGs. :/
    I think if they added a duration to pets and adjusted their active/passive abilities, it would do some good to bar space issues in PVE and their annoyance in BGs.

[Edit]: Empowered ward is already rendered useless since Mirkmire because the way pets function over different content (stupid idea), it's time ZoS changed the actual abilities rather than playing the idiotic number games they've had.

Like for even the pet sorc itself, it's annoying how different it is played and functions over different content.
    • Pets get nuked, lagged/stuck, and are too wompy for AvA.
    • Pets need shields in overland.
    • Shields are redundant on pets, while in group dungeons.
    • VMA is an exception to pets being invincible.
    • Pet sorcs dominate in dueling.
    • Pet sorcs in BGs have too much obstructing collision boxes and can be premade making this worse. (Premade teams in general lead to many other issues, not limited to the pet sorc itself.)

If this is not true, well we will see how a Necromancer plays with minions over the same content (I'm going to assume it's well rounded no matter what you're doing).
    Edited by SirMewser on February 20, 2019 6:59PM
    Options
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    In that video is another issue that needs to be addressed; Werewolf self healing is ridiculous. I agree that with the lore Werewolf's are suppose to deal high damage, but what is with a 60% self heal????? This game needs a lot of attention
    Ad Victoriam!
    Options