The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What was it like first time you did a battleground?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For me it was It was a dream come true for what I wanted in cydrolli with lots of action.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Oh. Right. That's what playing with No CP is like. Ugh, I miss my extra sustain and not being out of resources in a couple of attacks."

With the exception of the 2 week No CP test in Cyrodiil, I hadn't played with no champion points since before One Tamriel. Jumping into BGs for Midyear Mayhem without adjusting my build for extra sustain was not the best idea.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a blast. I still have a lot of fun running them from time to time.
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    It was about a week ago and I loved it. I placed second on my team with a handful of medals and I got mailed a couple purples.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "wow im so good at this game!!11"

- me, on a magwarden back when birds were undodgeable, Deep Fissure stunned, and Soul Assault snared.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not really like it. I expected to have more of a Overwatch/moba type of back and forth and it ended up being just a deathmatch no matter what type of game you play. I did not play BG until it allowed CP. I then played BG's after it was switched back to non-CP and the experience was the same. The game mode(BG's) was not anymore or any less balanced.

I went back to Cryo and continue to have a good time.

I am glad BG's are there, as there is a population that enjoys BG's so it is nice to have it around.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play them every day. Much more fun than riding my horse for 20 minutes without an enemy in sight, followed by a 999ms lagspike of an invisible enemy zerg that materializes around me, followed by a respawn and another 20 minute ride. Not to mention keep sieges where you bash a gate for 10 minutes, then die by 50 overlapping AOE that are invisible due to the lag, then acquire lots of AP while lying dead at the gate for 15 minutes.

The battlegrounds are quite imbalanced of course, but at least there is constant action, not so much lag, you have individually more of an impact, and there is usually* a reasonable balance between teams

* unless one team is a perfectly synchronized premade.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. A friend drug me into one. I go back regularly now. I enjoy Cyrodiil, or parts of it. The big siege battles are fun, but I like the non-stop pace of the BGs.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D

Awful experience

:/
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved it!

Cyrodiill can suck at times with the long horse rides and when you crest the next hill you see a battle going on and you're like "OH YEA, BABAAAY. HERE WE GO!"

BGs give me that feeling the whole time lol
    PS4 NA
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaotic and frustrating. They're still chaotic and mostly not very fun. I don't think anyone likes getting rear ended by four players when they're already fighting four other players and being forced to fight 4v8, but zos thought this was a thing that we should have to deal with, instead of fighting equal numbers all the time like in literally every other MMO that has instanced pvp.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my very first battleground was during last years midyear mayhem, and I don't think anyone really knew what to do. It was capture the relic and each team seemed really confused about how it worked everyone just kinda stood around with each other's relics unable to actually capture them XD It was fun though since everyone was equally clueless it was a pretty relaxed game
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    No mode picking. Only no-CP. Only 4v4v4. Will come back in a year or two.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of fun, went with a group of friends in full PvE gear and got wrecked, but also killed a lot of people with glass cannon divines gear and Grothdar procs.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can pick your mode now.
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Tasear wrote: »

Yeah, after a couple of years.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Yeah, after a couple of years.

Ah I understand, sorry
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first BG was when they were CP so basically just got facerolled for 10 minutes. I remember being really happy when they changed it to no CP, however now that I actually have CP I'd quite like to give CP bgs a go again.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love it, wish they worked on some of the gameplay issues as far as ball Carrington graphics and flags.