The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial Racial - Diplomat does not affect fencing.

Cathexis
Cathexis
✭✭✭✭✭
Not really sure where to bring this up, but I figure it's a skill so this might be a good bet.

I had recently started building an Imperial for casual gold farming through thieving, however I've come to realize that the 1% gold bonus does not seem to be working with fencing. Items which sell for 100 gold should sell for 101 gold, however no bonus is applied.

I realize this doesn't seem like a big deal (it's a meager benefit at best) but I chose it for that benefit specifically with it in mind; hoping to stack it with other fencing gold benefits. Had I known it wouldn't work, I would have gone with a stealthier race instead.

Just hoping someone will see this and it can get a quick fix down the line.
The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
Praise Malacath.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the extra gold only applies to gold dropped by Mobs not selling or fencing.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That actually interesting. Would of never guessed.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    I believe that the extra gold only applies to gold dropped by Mobs not selling or fencing.

Yes however that is not the tooltip. The tooltip simply says "1% extra gold"

As tedious as it is, I'm hoping to find out if this is working as intended so I can stop and reroll.

Edit, it may only apply to the amount gained after the sale, I haven't tested that yet, but other gold bonuses DO adjust listed sale price.

Edit edit, more curious - a green item says 103 gold with my current 3% bonus, but when I checked before the fence only says 102. Just waiting on my fence timer to expire to test.
    Edited by Cathexis on February 19, 2019 1:20AM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your choices are Khajiit or Khajiit. Imperial will be the next best stealth race because of the reduction cost passive. That’s it. Come February 25 those are your choices. Might as well stay with what you’ve got.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your choices are whatever you feel like, brother. You aren't pidgeon-holed into a single race. I use Breton for my stealthy thief. Do you, brother.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your choices are whatever you feel like, brother. You aren't pidgeon-holed into a single race. I use Breton for my stealthy thief. Do you, brother.

The op literally states
    Had I known it wouldn't work, I would have gone with a stealthier race instead

Not, “had I known I would have picked any other race I like for any reason under the sun.”
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it does indeed only works on gold drops and does not affect any other sources of gold like selling, fencing or quest rewards.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something weird is going on with the fence tooltip, now it says it sells for 105 lol >< maybe it's just a UI bug. The item tooltip correctly says 103 based on my 3% bonus, but the vendor is all over the place.

Edit; the vendor is indeed now buying at an increased rate of 105 as it is listed on the fence (at a 2+1% bonus).
    Edited by Cathexis on February 19, 2019 1:34AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least it does work with quest rewards. I get 4.6k from crafting dailies on all my toons except Imperial. He gets 4.7k
    Rawr
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After leveling out/maxing out gold bonuses from the Thieves Guild skill line, I can confirm that the 1% imperial gold bonus is not being applied to fencing. While during the leveling process the math appears to be applying it (I assume due to rounding), at max level, a 100 gold item only launders at a listed price of 110 gold, not 111, as it should.

Where's my money zos.

Im-serious-this-is-my-serious-face.jpg

You may think I am joking, but consider the effort that was put into developing that character, a rather significant waste of time as a result of either a skill not working as intended or a faulty tooltip. If there is no definitive answer, I will likely have to rebuild from scratch into a khajit. Also, the fact that this does NOT apply to fencing cuts down an already barely justifiable racial, as it is the only practical reason I could see to choose this racial for a specific purpose.
    Edited by Cathexis on February 23, 2019 11:19PM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

The op literally states
    Had I known it wouldn't work, I would have gone with a stealthier race instead

Not, “had I known I would have picked any other race I like for any reason under the sun.”

Interpretation: stealthier race for me it's Breton because I can sustain high usage of Shadow Cloak, this, stealthy race for me.
  • Drierm
    Drierm
    Soul Shriven
    I know this is lame, but I'm somewhat miffed the gold gain wasn't increased to 2% or 3%. I feel like part of the imperial race lore is that they always find themselves in finances.

I think it'd be nice if that (3% gold gain) became a thing, or if they found unique housing items, like gemstones or gold or something, to bring back those old TES:5 days of hoarding troves of gold and jewels gotten from adventuring.

Which brings up a topic we got into on ps4 in my guild. We basically felt like the direction things are going with racial changes are good, but there's a bit of non-combat race lore mis sing from the races, to make them have a unique feel out of combat. I feel like that should always be their first racial passive and it should tie into their abilities as craftsmen, etc.
    Edited by Drierm on February 25, 2019 8:49AM