The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Request:crucial improvement for Tel Galen tower

Uruloky
Uruloky
Soul Shriven
I always admired Telvanni Great House, their outlook on life, their diplomacy, their desire for power and knowledge and their mushroom towers as a simbol of their culture.
Of course, I purchased Tel Galen tower. It looks nice, but I was bitterly disappointed by two severe flows.
First and foremost is that there is no any balcony or other place to view stunning nature of Vvardenfell from the top of the tower. It seems obvious to me that if you chose a tower instead of dugout, it is absolutely compulsory to have such viewpoint.
Secondly, as I remember from Morrowind, where should be something like small dungeon with fibers of mycelium and glowing crystals.
I would be happy if ZOS-architects will improve the tower with something like penthouse or balcony on the top of the tower wich is reachable through the master's appartments. A small dungeon is also desirable but not so crucial as a balcony.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As nice as a balcony for Tel Galen would be, I doubt this will happen for two reasons...

1. Tel Galen has been in use by players for over a year and a half now. So it doesn't seem likely that a change like that would come so long after its initial release.
    2. It's not that difficult to create a balcony using specific furnishings, even if it can only be reached from the outside. And I would wager that ZOS is aware of this fact.

Also, I dunno about the whole "fibers of mycelium" part. But there are several glowing crystal available as furnishing items that you could use. Such as the Welkynd Stone, Glowing (purchased via the housing editor) or the crystals from the luxury furnisher (or, at the moment, guild stores).
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While those Tel Galen extras certainly sound exciting, ZOS never really change houses (apart from severe bugfixes like missing collision or animations), so I'm sad to say that your ideas are probably never going to happen :disappointed:

I reported an issue with the Princely Dawnlight Palace where like 16 windows don't actually work (they don't light up and let light in like the others do, which makes parts of the house even darker than it already is), but it remained the same. I'd consider the dark window thing to be a functional problem, and your improvement suggestions more of a design problem, but it still wasn't addressed so sadly I see no hope for any house to be changed after release.

Which is a shame, people have been complaining about interiors not matching exteriors, size differences, un-removable crumbled structures and other random design choices that ZOS made, but they are still the same to this day. :confused: So we're stuck with the houses as they are I'm afraid.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I built a very nice balcony/terrace with planks in my tower, overlooking the sea. Easy, and not very costly (except for the furnishing slots used, 18 aprox.).
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uruloky wrote: »
    Secondly, as I remember from Morrowind, where should be something like small dungeon with fibers of mycelium and glowing crystals.

I've owned it for ages but only started playing Morrowind content this recent event. I noticed that in Telvanni towns there are a lot of homes with tunnels down into the earth.

Glowing crystals are do-able yourself.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/furnishing/lighting/enchanted-lights/

The Tanzelwill Culanda stones are quite cheap at 5k and their achievement is easy. You can turn surface drag off and push them into walls. Buy multiple and alter the orientation of stones. The bits which stick out of the wall will look completely different.
    As nice as a balcony for Tel Galen would be, I doubt this will happen for two reasons...

1. Tel Galen has been in use by players for over a year and a half now. So it doesn't seem likely that a change like that would come so long after its initial release.

It's a living home though and explicitly in an unfinished state.

Many people have complained about their implementation of Telvanni towers and not just Tel Galen. Unlike other buildings in the game, these are organic structures which we know end up looking very different. Change would be realistic.

Potentially there are legal considerations. Having purchased the original home with real money it's possible that some might prefer to keep it. In that case they could give players the option like in Morrowind single-player to purposefully speed the home's development.

There is the problem of immersion - the tower's external appearance from the Vvardenfell map but I think that already probably exists. There are stairs leading up to the tower and the outer wall only obscures the stairs.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Tel_Galen

If an owner eg. changed the lanterns on either side of the door, that change wouldn't be reflected in what they or anyone else saw from the Vvardenfell map.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I reported an issue with the Princely Dawnlight Palace where like 16 windows don't actually work (they don't light up and let light in like the others do, which makes parts of the house even darker than it already is), but it remained the same. I'd consider the dark window thing to be a functional problem, and your improvement suggestions more of a design problem, but it still wasn't addressed so sadly I see no hope for any house to be changed after release.

That's arguably defective.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using mushrooms to make "balconies" with various things as ramps to get to them all. Currently testing to see how high I can go before I hit the invisible ceiling. It's a work in progress, just started. I'd rather it be accessible from inside the tower but it'll still do nicely once I map it out and build it :smiley:
    Edited by Wildberryjack on February 21, 2019 4:52PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made my way all the way to the top of the tallest mushroom in Tel Galen once, and didn't hit the ceiling.
    The problem I had was that the resolution of the exterior mushroom textures are dismal, and would require many precious item slots to cover.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even when actual problems are reported or suggestions made while the houses are on PTS, ZOS does nothing to change them. There was a huge outcry over just how HIDEOUS the Telvanni Tower is (which was why I didn't buy it) and while they had PLENTY of time to change it, they did not. The windows don't work in Forsaken Stronghold either and while that works out nicely for my vampire I doubt most other people appreciate it. But the plain fact is, they don't listen at all when it comes to pretty much anything housing related. Which, yes, considering what they are expecting us to pay, is pretty disappointing.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!