The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Placing Books in bookshelves

worrallj
worrallj
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,
This makes Uriel the templar sad. Please make Uriel happy.

c3nrturnajfq.png
rrsc1kxx9c2g.png
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try putting em on their sides.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you've finessed it, but for me either way they are too big and stick out. Even the decorative rows of books that you buy with crowns don't seem to sit nicely in the shelf and are always hanging out. If the mechanic can't be fixed, I guess plan B would be that the bookshelves just come stocked with decorative books so at least they aren't empty and sad looking.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to have an option to craft bookshelves stocked with books to save item slots because yes they look sad sitting empty. With the current setup I limit the number of bookshelves and only put readable texts into the one or two I build.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to have an option to craft bookshelves stocked with books to save item slots because yes they look sad sitting empty. With the current setup I limit the number of bookshelves and only put readable texts into the one or two I build.
    This. There are far too few bookcases that come already stocked (only some Redguard, Ayleid, Dwemer, Hlaalu, Alinor and Murkmire off the top of my head) and they don't fit into every home either because of their size or their style. Not only would pre-stocked shelf options solve the book placement problem, but also help with the item limit problem that we have been complaining about forever. :disappointed:

And yes, the achievement books (the Divines and Dwemer series especially) are far too large for any known bookshelf :confused: I believe I had to place them lying down, spine parallel with the shelf, fitting only two on a single shelf at a time... it looks rather lame. Or you could use those larger ones as display pieces, leave them on desks/side tables/ on a reading bench to make it seem like your characters are currently reading them. Then there's the option of creating a book display on a table or podiums or on bookrests, but those take up even more slots and have room for even less books so... more stocked bookshelves ZOS, pls! :lol:
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a nice solution would be for ZOS to offer a toggle. Filled/Empty.

I would imagine it could work mechanically similar to say, candles and their lighting toggle.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a nice solution would be for ZOS to offer a toggle. Filled/Empty.

I would imagine it could work mechanically similar to say, candles and their lighting toggle.

Except then you couldn't read from them, which I would still like.