The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Surveys drops

macsmooth
macsmooth
✭✭✭✭
Is it just me but since last weeks maintenance update the drop rate of surveys for jewellery has decreased from daily writs

I have 12 characters all max level jewellery and I do jewellery writs daily with them all

Before last weeks maintenance update I was getting at least one survey a day most of the time two a day but since that maintenance I have had just one survey

I’m on Xbox but would like to know if everyone else is seeing this to
Edited by macsmooth on February 17, 2019 9:07AM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im also doing all 7 crafting daylies on 15 chars every day and I average around 2-3 surveys for each profession, it seems pretty constant for me.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s RNG, @macsmooth ... no other way to slice it.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wondered as it seemed off from before the patch where I was get at the least one a day now it’s been one in four days which seemed unusual

I guessed rng is bad but didn’t think once in 48 rng bad

I hadn’t done the other crafts as I took a break to rebuild my materials back up because I wasn’t paying guild prices but then decided I would wait for the new patch to go live before doing those crafts again

I might just take a break from jewellery until after the next patch because over 1k worth of materials without surveys is a bit much to farm

Thanks for the replies guys
    Edited by macsmooth on February 17, 2019 5:25PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've gone days without a single WW survey, or even any survey for that matter. Then, some days I'll get 2 or 3 on one character.

Recently, I had a few lucky days where I built up 7-8 WW surveys. I haven't seen one since.

Stupid RNG!
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Monday I got 12 surveys from 7 characters. Yesterday I got 2. I average about 4 or 5. It's just rng.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate for surveys appears to be approximately 1 in 8 or 12.5%. The level of writ that you did did not influence the drop rate.

Based on that, you have about a 1:600 chance of getting 0 or 1 surveys in 48 tries... Bad luck, but certainly plausible... hope the RNG turns around for you.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s actually at 1 in 60 writs now I did another day after my original post and got nothing from the 12 toons, I haven’t done anymore since which is annoying as it’s a great source of grains and let’s face it the golden vendor has been less than thrilling over the past few weeks

I’ve decided to give it a break now until the dlc hits for when we get materials back which will help but no means makeup for surveys, I’m just going to pickup nodes when I pass them and refine when I have enough for now

I think Zos just didn’t like me sitting on 10k platinum materials and wants me to have nothing for the next dlc
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is that surveys will be far less necessary in the future for sustaining material supplies, since they're changing writ rewards.

I fully plan on stockpiling 200+ surveys in the future and just spending a weekend every few months gathering them all.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm currently on day 22 without a Jewelry Survey dropping on one of my crafters.

Between 2 max level jewelry crafters, I've received 2 surveys from 36 jewelry daily writs completed.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."