The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Launcher Refuses to Update Game - Have Tried Basic Troubleshoot

steihl
steihl
Soul Shriven
Launcher verifies files, then goes to download. Download speed reaches approximately 408KBps then download stalls. Game downloads maybe 8-20MB per cycle then must be shut and reopen and process begins again. Have given launcher Accessability and Full Disk Access permissions in settings. Have attempted repair on launcher to no avail. Have deleted and redownloaded launcher. Nothing works. Running MacOS Mojave 10.14.3
  • taytaylorayray
    taytaylorayray
    Soul Shriven
    My game successfully uploaded the patch, I think. However, now my game doesn't even load anymore when I press play. I'm not sure what to do. I've tried repairing and restarting, but nothing. I want to get back to playing, but I don't know what else to do :(
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The launcher refusing to download the update may be a connection issue. Power cycling your home network may help with the download.

Power cycle your home network:
    1. Turn off the router by unplugging it. If you have a modem and router in one device, turn it off then proceed to step 3.
    2. Turn off the DSL or cable modem.
      • Note: Some modems are equipped with a backup battery. If your modem has one, please remove the backup battery to completely turn off your modem.
    3. Turn off all computers attached to your network.
    4. Turn on the DSL or cable modem first and let it boot. Let it complete its connection to your ISP before proceeding to the next step. If you have a modem and router in one device, proceed to step 6 after it connects to your ISP.
    5. Once the modem completes the connection to your ISP, plug your router back in. Let it complete its power on test before proceeding to the next step.
    6. Restart your computer(s).
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • steihl
    steihl
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    The launcher refusing to download the update may be a connection issue. Power cycling your home network may help with the download.

Power cycle your home network:
    1. Turn off the router by unplugging it. If you have a modem and router in one device, turn it off then proceed to step 3.
    2. Turn off the DSL or cable modem.
      • Note: Some modems are equipped with a backup battery. If your modem has one, please remove the backup battery to completely turn off your modem.
    3. Turn off all computers attached to your network.
    4. Turn on the DSL or cable modem first and let it boot. Let it complete its connection to your ISP before proceeding to the next step. If you have a modem and router in one device, proceed to step 6 after it connects to your ISP.
    5. Once the modem completes the connection to your ISP, plug your router back in. Let it complete its power on test before proceeding to the next step.
    6. Restart your computer(s).

Negative on this step. Modem was actually replaced today due to an unrelated problem and router was rebooted, still no joy. This is also not an ISP issue as my windows client updates fine.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @steihl

As this is still happening after replacing your modem, you should go ahead and open a ticket with customer support if you've not done so.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post