The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sanctuary Set - benefits of healing received & healing taken?

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering if I acquired this set for my templar healer whether the healing taken and healing received bonuses would be achieved from the healing spells that I cast, or just from the healing acquired from others, including that leeched from mobs and bosses? This has always been a point of confusion for me, for these same benefits appear in the CP system.
Thanks for any help on this!
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing Taken/Received buff all incoming healing.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

Just to absolutely make sure (sorry, I'm OCD!), this includes the healing you cast that heals you as well as others in your party as found in the abilities of the Restoring Light tree?
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caroloces wrote: »
    Berenhir wrote: »

Just to absolutely make sure (sorry, I'm OCD!), this includes the healing you cast that heals you as well as others in your party as found in the abilities of the Restoring Light tree?

Yes.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One question that I’ve always wondered. Healthy offering is a NB healer health heal, the way it works is the larger the heal the larger the health dot applied to yourself. So if you crit the health dot increases in size.

Does this take healing received into account too? So if it normally heals for 12k so I would normally get a 12k equivalent dot on myself, but someone has 100 percent bonus healing received so it heals for 24k, does my self dot increase in size?
    Edited by Iskiab on February 16, 2019 9:51PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    One question that I’ve always wondered. Healthy offering is a NB healer health heal, the way it works is the larger the heal the larger the health dot applied to yourself. So if you crit the health dot increases in size.

Does this take healing received into account too? So if it normally heals for 12k so I would normally get a 12k equivalent dot on myself, but someone has 100 percent bonus healing received so it heals for 24k, does my self dot increase in size?

Fake news. The health DoT does not scale, it is a static amount of damage.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind you need to be within 10 meters of player for this set to be worth anything, this is about half the distance of combat prayer, you would not believe the amount of healers that i see wearing this set and standing halfway across the map. To me this set is a tank set. Healers have much better sets to wear, that don't have range restrictions.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fake news. The health DoT does not scale, it is a static amount of damage.

Correct. One single amount regardless of your output.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Second time ive seen you claim this. Im not sure how you came to that assumption as it doesnt really say anything of the sort via the in game tool tip. The health price is static.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind you need to be within 10 meters of player for this set to be worth anything, this is about half the distance of combat prayer, you would not believe the amount of healers that i see wearing this set and standing halfway across the map. To me this set is a tank set. Healers have much better sets to wear, that don't have range restrictions.

Well, I'm interested in this set for selfish reasons. I'm somewhat squishy, and I'm looking for ways to maintain high magicka but also to bolster my own health. So the 5 item bonus is where your concern comes into play ((5 items) Increases your healing received by 12% for you and up to 11 group members within 10 meters of you.) Even if I was outside the 10 meter radius, I would still get the 12% healing benefit from casting anything that grants me healing. That being said, I'd be interested in the sets that you would recommend.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I'm interested in this set for selfish reasons. I'm somewhat squishy, and I'm looking for ways to maintain high magicka but also to bolster my own health. So the 5 item bonus is where your concern comes into play ((5 items) Increases your healing received by 12% for you and up to 11 group members within 10 meters of you.) Even if I was outside the 10 meter radius, I would still get the 12% healing benefit from casting anything that grants me healing. That being said, I'd be interested in the sets that you would recommend.

For PVE or PVP?
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been cofused by one thing with the Sanctuary set...if someone else drops Blood Alter, say the tank, does that blood alter get the buff if someone else is wearing Sanctuary but not the tank?
    Altmer Supremist, filthy spell slinger since Nerevar was assasinated
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasinagol wrote: »
    I've always been cofused by one thing with the Sanctuary set...if someone else drops Blood Alter, say the tank, does that blood alter get the buff if someone else is wearing Sanctuary but not the tank?

I'm not sure if I'm the right person to answer this question, considering I've never used that skill. I would assume only if the person receiving the benefit is within 10 meters of the sanctuary wielder though.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly PVE, but some PVP.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

PvP, transmutation and kragernacs hope, if you can't craft it, as it is an 8 trait set, get someone to do it for you. Pve, olo and worm/ineffable aether/healing mage(though this set has a 10 meters Range from you too)/ any other set you want, just get olo, it is better in every way then SPC.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Kagrenac's_Hope

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Worm's_Raiment

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Vestment_of_Olorime

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Infallible_Mage

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Healing_Mage

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Robes_of_Transmutation
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like mending too
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What drives me nuts about trying to be a healer is that you need trails sets before you can even heal a trial.

I have to use sacturary because its the only set I can farm for a healer it took like 3 runs of BC because all the jewels are named.

Everything else requires me to do vet trials somehow.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Like mending too

You are completely right, I use that set on my main all the time. I have mending on the list, as healing mage, though like I said, there is a size limit on that set too, you have to be within 10 meters of a mob for the debuff to work. I see that as acceptable though, as the debuff brings the bosses damage down, so I only have to work about my positioning, not my teams.
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    What drives me nuts about trying to be a healer is that you need trails sets before you can even heal a trial.

I have to use sacturary because its the only set I can farm for a healer it took like 3 runs of BC because all the jewels are named.

You can run all trials on normal and get blue gear. Most healer sets five piece are the same at all qualities, so it doesn't matter what color jewelry you have, as long as you have the sets and you can always upgrade the armor for cheap.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 18, 2019 11:22AM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Worm and spc are more than fine to get you in the door for trials. On top of that you can easily farm blue drops feom normal trials which can be slept through.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Worm and spc are more than fine to get you in the door for trials. On top of that you can easily farm blue drops feom normal trials which can be slept through.

Actually, I had some super nice nCR groups that gave me olorome weapons for agreeing to heal for them (I have SPC as well but not weapons or jewels) and the clothes pieces are easy to pick up.

So I am using Olorome and Sanctuary atm.

I just can't seem to find a Worms Necklace, RNG is RNG, sadly worms isn't that useful outside of trials since you could have a pair of stam dps in dungeons.

I might try out infallible aether jewellery in blue since I am pretty sure I have it (and the spell crit isn't that useful), I'll check what I have in mending, I have such random pieces of all these healer gear but just never seem to have the right pieces to put together two full 5 pc sets :s

Edited by Narvuntien on February 19, 2019 6:22AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    . I just can't seem to find a Worms Necklace, RNG is RNG, sadly worms isn't that useful outside of trials since you could have a pair of stam dps in dungeons

Still helps you and the tank.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welp I checked the gear I had (in blue)

1x mending ring
    2x infallible aether rings
    1 worms necklace

Then I ran nAA and got a 1x Mending Necklace.

It turns out that I have a full set of Jovald's guidance jewerely (in blue) though how does that compare to Sanctuary?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp I checked the gear I had (in blue)

1x mending ring
    2x infallible aether rings
    1 worms necklace

Then I ran nAA and got a 1x Mending Necklace.

It turns out that I have a full set of Jovald's guidance jewerely (in blue) though how does that compare to Sanctuary?

JG can be good, 4 more seconds of major force and combat prayer and 8 more seconds of Minor sorcery. Better then sanctuary but still better sets out there.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if I acquired this set for my templar healer whether the healing taken and healing received bonuses would be achieved from the healing spells that I cast, or just from the healing acquired from others, including that leeched from mobs and bosses? This has always been a point of confusion for me, for these same benefits appear in the CP system.
    Thanks for any help on this!

Its a good set, its easy to manage with a templar, cast Ritual , people should now by now that thats where you need to be standing, basically ritual is 12 meters , sanctuary 10 meters so what i do is i get right behind boss and cast it and take a few steps back not to be too far from tank and close enough from dps . Slot a heavy helmet if you are using a monster set and cast the rune buff for the resistances