Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

How to make my character look like some unplayable races (Ayield, Maormer, lilmothiit, kothingi etc)

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
^This
Have anyone tried to make your character look like another race? There are many cool humanoid races, but due to lore or some other reasons they can't become a playable race
(There is hope sure, but the chance of ESO adding new playable races is quite low, since 10 race is enough and unlike necromancy there is not ONE single race that has huge demand from player base)

So if you wanna roleplay another race, you have to use creativity :)

Have any of you guys tried such attempts? Please share!
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    no

no
  • Strychnos
    Strychnos
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! I think toying around with the cosmetics options we have to make other races is pretty fun.

I've currently got a character that I made to role play as a Maormer, and they look pretty close to the real thing! They're a dark elf with the skin tone closest to Maormer characters, with long hair to cover up the fact that they don't have fin-like ears. With the oracle eyes adornment and Pyandonean motif, they look just like Maormer from the base game (but not exactly like those from Summerset).

When I get around to doing vMA I'll probably make a Dremora character too, provided that the Maelstrom Baron polymorph still lets you remove the hat.
    lvl50 Characters:
    Toxlexel (Argonian Templar PvE Healer, EP)
    Grove-of-Trees-Swaying (Argonian Vampire NB PvE Tank, EP)
    Kazabi-daro (Khajiit DK PvE DPS, AD)- build under renovation
    Iroas Candaalil (Maormer [Dunmer] PvE Sorc DPS, EP, vMA build)- build under renovation
    Trick-of-the-Light(Argonian Warden PvE Healer, EP)
    Characters being leveled:
    Meera-Ei (Argonian DK PvP Tank, EP, Grove's sister)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's mostly impossible. You could maybe make a pale Dunmer and pass it off as a short Maormer. Making a Lilmothiit is impossible because the facial structure and tail is all wrong.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Making an Ayleid is rather easy. They, from what we have seen, have a darker gold skin tone.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Warden frost tank that I'm playing as a Maormer. Between the Pyandonean motif and the Altmer features, it's almost perfect.

The only thing missing is the skin tone.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may get a similar skin tone with vampirism stage 1. After my Altmer with oracle eyes, Pyandonean motif stuff and a reef adder (?) companion contracted the curse, he suddenly looked Maormer-y.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fashion scrolls online is the true endgame and I spend an embarrassing amount of time making my characters look like non-playable races. Otherwise what is the point of the millions of collectibles, costumes, mounts, pets etc?

Currently one tiny bosmer looks like a dwemer - the pale zombie skin looks good and the sores and cuts are hidden by long black hair and a long black beard, with the commander personality and a mix of dwarven and apostle armor styles it is really distinctive - perfect for the "master crafter" tittle. I know dwemer weren't actually short, but this one really is dwarf sized!

My other bosmer is the khajiit subrace ohmes, which are said to look like bosmer but they tattoo tiger stripes on themselves - I find the scalecaller body markings look just like tatoo'd tiger stripes (cannot remember what I use on the face, but it looks it looks like whiskers). The thief personality makes the character hunch over and look a bit more animalistic

It would be great to have a lilmothit polynorph, but the closest we have is the werewolf Lord polymorph when worn by a khajiit. With the bestial personality or thief personality it can really pass for being a more vulpine species.

There are lots of ways to roleplay a daedra/dremore/xivkyn. Obviously there are lots of polymorph but I find wearing a dark skin (e.g. evony epidermis or dead water) with worn cult armor and facial accessories that give you horns makes something special.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • frostitomik
    frostitomik
    ✭✭✭
    The easiest way is definitely making a woodelf look like a dwarf. Just use the smallest body size, huge beard, long (dreaded) hair or some helmet. You might need to buy the crown store hair pack. Then equip him with some shiny armor, axe/hammer and shield and you are good to go.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a Maomer start intensively poking ZOS on social media to finally release that Maomer Skin in the crown store or crown creates. I've already prepared a huge pile of gold, crowns and jems to get it ASAP after the release.
    aw_crwn_skin_maormerfish_1x1.jpg
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a dwarf:

brasslimbs1.jpg

Made him as short and wide as possible and gave him a Dwemer name and outfit to make him look like he'd replaced some parts with metal.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    I have a dwarf...
    Unfortunately, the dwemer were not "dwarves" as in Tolkien, but "Deep Elves":
    0e728231b2ffda9d439877df217bba7737b8ed5d_hq.jpg
    But I suppose yours works as "Dwemer scholar/fanboy" ;) (As well as a nice touch in the tradition of Gimli, Bruenor, Flint, etc.)

As for the whole "look like race" thing... no thanks, I much rather would see them actually releasing some of them, they are -certain- to get me spend some racechange tokens to refit any new races to matching characters... but that stance should come as no surprise, considering:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422285/new-player-race-possibilities/p1
    ;)
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give an Altmer white hair, white skin, white eyes and bingo. You got yourself a Maormer.
    Ayleids look pretty much like high elfs but less green.
    Closest to Kothringi would be getting the sanctified Silver skin on a human, but that's clearly pretty far off.
    Lilmothiit and Dwemer are pretty much impossible though.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Altmer white skin is still pretty golden, so I asked some vamp to bite my lad... just for the looks:
    9zYcsSB.jpg
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strychnos wrote: »
    When I get around to doing vMA I'll probably make a Dremora character too, provided that the Maelstrom Baron polymorph still lets you remove the hat.

It does. Though you're restricted to male.

The Xivkyn polymorphs from the Sewers can be either gender, however.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a dwarf...
    But I suppose yours works as "Dwemer scholar/fanboy" ;) (As well as a nice touch in the tradition of Gimli, Bruenor, Flint, etc.)

As for the whole "look like race" thing... no thanks, I much rather would see them actually releasing some of them, they are -certain- to get me spend some racechange tokens to refit any new races to matching characters... but that stance should come as no surprise, considering:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422285/new-player-race-possibilities/p1
    ;)

At which point, playing a Dark Elf is probably a better base choice for a Dwemer riff.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At which point, playing a Dark Elf is probably a better base choice for a Dwemer riff.
    true enough. Also, it stands to reason that there might have been some intermixing between dwemer and chimer, so...

Hmmm...

...makes me wonder, what if THAT is the truth behind the dwemer disappearance? That they all infused their essence into the chimer, combining both races into the dunmer? Ah, just one more wonky theory, huh? ;)
    nuare-studio-dogoth-ur.jpg
    Still, looking at Dagor Ur and the design of his mask... makes you wonder, huh?
    (BtW, why isn't this a costume in ESO yet???)
  • lolli42
    lolli42
    ✭✭✭
    well, my little fire demon could be some kind of daedra :v
    or just darth maul race xD

1550667613_Elder_Scrolls__Online_Screenshot_2019_thumb.jpg
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a dwarf...

;)

Like this?
    20180223032713_1.jpg.77c7e9ee81eac39c0bfcc335342e823c.jpg
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a dwarf...

;)

Like this?
    20180223032713_1.jpg.77c7e9ee81eac39c0bfcc335342e823c.jpg

That looks really good. Very close to the art.