The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Build: The Pillar of Want

MotokoHutt
MotokoHutt
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys so I thought I would share my current main character build. This is as far from your typical character setup as possible so if your triggered by things that are not the meta or otherwise don't conform to your idea's of what certain roles should and shouldnt be doing then I suggest you stop reading now. If your still here though lets continue.

So firstly a little bit about the build. The Pillar of Want is a roleplay healer build constructed around 4 man end game content. My build as run threw every vet dlc without any trouble and in certain scenario's has worked out pretty amazing imo. However I do expressly state this is not a character that can fit into a regualr "established meta" group and this build has been designed to work specifically with my friends builds in the most efficient way and there for the meta of other people has not been taken in to acount when making this build what so ever. The Pillar of Want is a highly unique build that actually hurt's itself to keep other's safe, yeah you read correctly it actually damages itself to make sure other's are safe and no I am not talking about it being a tank throwing itself in harms way. Ok onto the build.

Class: Sorcerer
Mundus Stone: Mage, Ritual or Thief

Front bar: Destruction staff or dual weild
1: Energy Orb
2: Symbiosis
3: (flex spot) sometimes purge, sometimes a damage skill etc
4: Inner Light
5: Twilight Matriarch
U: Reviving Barrier

Back bar: Destruction staff
1: Blocksade of Storms
2: Lightning Flood
3: (flex spot) sometimes ele drain, somtimes ranged interupt etc
4: Bound Aegis
5: Twilight Matriarch
U: Supression Field

Sets.
Head: Lord Warden - Light - Infused - Magicka
Shoulder: Lord Warden - Light - Devines - Magicka
Chest: Brand's of Imperium - Heavy - Infused - Magicka
Legs: Brand's of Imperium - Heavy - Infused - Magicka
Belt: Worm Cult - Light - Devines - Magicka
Boots: Worm Cult - Light - Devines- Magicka
Gloves: Worm Cult - Light - Devines- Magicka

Necklace: Brand's of Imperium - Arcane - Mag Recovery or Spell Damage
Ring 1: Worm Cult - Arcane - Mag Recovery
Ring 2: Worm Cult - Arcane - Mag Recovery

Front Weapon: Brand's of Imperium - Powered or Precise - Shock Damage
Back Weapon: Maelstrom Lightning Staff - Infused - Weakening

So now the gear is out the way I wont bother putting a Cp spread because some people stick to specific spreads and other people like very diferent spread depending on there playstyle. Attributes should all be in Magicka as you should have roughly 20k hp making points into it not needed. So about now you may be thinking, well Brand's of Imperium and Lord Warden are proc'ed on taking damage and no way can I sit there spamming equilibrium to proc them or anything, well that is where a little thing called "essence of ravage health" comes in. With these potions running you will take damage every second regardless if your getting attacked or not. The damage you recieve from ravage health potions is so minute it should never be a bother, and you will have a 14 - 15k damage shield procing on you and be sat in Lord Warden giving you around 25k resistances at all times so most thing wont be able to damage you to make you ever notice the small health drain anyway.

So Why would you ever want to be a masochistic healer? Well using a setup like this can give otherwise squishy DD's allot more survivability without the need for spamming heals, Brands of Imperium will apply to everyone in your group aslong as they stay within moderate range of you as it applies to your entire party. Further more with you providing the tank with extra resistances they dont need to invest as heavily into there own resistances allowing them to run other sets or even weapon setups to be a tank/dd hybrid character, this allows them to have a better time in overland content and even pvp without having to completely have a diferent loadout for vet dungeons. On top of this The Pillar of Want is a very tanky healer and enemies will be hard pressed to kill it making it actually very pleasing to play for people who are looking to get into the healer role from being a tank originally. And Finnaly this character has in my opinion and amazing ascetic with a blend of blue, purple and gold everywhere and a very daedric theme to its healing prosses.

Anyway, thanks for reading everyone who got this far. Hope if anything I proved that you really can do anything in ESO if you put your mind too it. Have a nice day. xxx
PC EU
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well other than being a combat prayer and warhorn fanatic, i Don't understand why you have magelight on front bar but bound aegis on back bar. You also might want to make sure people know that you run health/mag food and the potion is level 1 so the damage it deals will be even more neglectable. And that 20k is with ebon armor in the group. Still not as tanky as a templar with a similar build will be (his mag regen skill gives him major buffs) but interesting setup non the less
    Edited by zvavi on February 16, 2019 3:40AM
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Well other than being a combat prayer and warhorn fanatic, i Don't understand why you have magelight on front bar but bound aegis on back bar. You also might want to make sure people know that you run health/mag food and the potion is level 1 so the damage it deals will be even more neglectable. And that 20k is with ebon armor in the group

Well I use diferent foods for diferent scenario's but my main food is clockwork citrus so I dont expect people to run that since its not afordable for every player. As for why I have those skills slotted, its for stats balance to maximise the amount of magicka I have on 1 bar vs magicka recovery on the other, I want more magicka recovery on my front bar cus thats where my heals are and I want more max magicka on my back bar due to me having attacks there. However IF you feel like you dont need them, dont run them.

This is just how i run my build and I how I feel it plays best for my chosen race and glyphs etc. As for your statement of the 20k being only with Ebon.... urm no... no it isnt, I actually have 21k hp on my char and my friend who plays a dedicated tank never runs ebon set as it doesnt fit there personal build. What your hp is and isnt will depend primarily on your race, I gave 20k as the sum due to it being in the middle of all the races I tested there for its the average baseline.

Also I use cp 150-160 ravage health potions because of the duration. Lower level potions might do less damage but they also last a shorter length so you cant keep 100% up time to proc the sets. I also should state you NEED to not take the snakeblood passive in alchemy or it will shorten the potion effect down to 1 second.
    Edited by MotokoHutt on February 16, 2019 3:49AM
    PC EU
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, interesting insight on using ravage health essence! Congrats, great build for dungeons, it's cool to see something other then olorime/spc etc. And it's really nice from dps side to be shielded and rotate then been busy with self-healing/self-shielding in hard situations.
    Though I'm not sure about lord warden.. i mean most hard dungeon fights are very dynamic, so i even finished using it on tank other then on some bosses where group need to survive/outheal staying close to each other. Maybe bloodspawn will be another option.
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, interesting insight on using ravage health essence! Congrats, great build for dungeons, it's cool to see something other then olorime/spc etc. And it's really nice from dps side to be shielded and rotate then been busy with self-healing/self-shielding in hard situations.
    Though I'm not sure about lord warden.. i mean most hard dungeon fights are very dynamic, so i even finished using it on tank other then on some bosses where group need to survive/outheal staying close to each other. Maybe bloodspawn will be another option.

Thanks hun ^_^

When I first posted my build tbh I was expecting to get flamed and stuff for my builds crazyness so I am quite suprised that so far atleast I havent been haha. As for Lord Warden, yeah its not so great in fight's where people have to do allot of moving around (odly one of them fight being Lord Warden himself). However for most fights I do tend to possition myself inbetween the tank and the DD's so it usually JUST covers everyone. I mean generally speaking the set looks amazing with the build and fits the theme of taking damage to help other BUT I am sure people could take the general concept and take whatever other sets they wanted really ^_^
    PC EU
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect variations on this build would make improve the chances of flawless vma runs for mag or stam toons. Could switch out the worm cult for stuff like VO, Necropotence, Bright-throat etc. I'll give a go as soon as I get one more piece of Imperium.
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect variations on this build would make improve the chances of flawless vma runs for mag or stam toons. Could switch out the worm cult for stuff like VO, Necropotence, Bright-throat etc. I'll give a go as soon as I get one more piece of Imperium.

You can also swap out Imperium for Transmutation and pop a resto staff on the front bar when doing battlegrounds with this build aswell. The Lord warden actually comes in kind of handy and with the crit resistance makes you fairly resistant while able to heal allies.
    PC EU
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as your build is not optimal imo, it does encourage correct positioning for the whole group. Which is a very good thing imo. Then again. 3 dd runs for the win.
    Also if you don't use potions that give spell crit I would slot mage light on both bars.
    Edited by zvavi on February 16, 2019 3:06PM
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MotokoHutt wrote: »

The Pillar of Want

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    As much as your build is not optimal imo, it does encourage correct positioning for the whole group. Which is a very good thing imo. Then again. 3 dd runs for the win.
    Also if you don't use potions that give spell crit I would slot mage light on both bars.

Well there sure will be ways to number crunch the build and make it more optimal for sure. How I displayed it though is just how I personally found I had the best consistent results. I mean you could even and I have in some scenarios use diferent ultimates like atronach for major berserk etc.

Ps: this build works pretty great for 3 dd runs haha so yeah there is that lol
    PC EU
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zordrage wrote: »
    MotokoHutt wrote: »

The Pillar of Want

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol the name of the build comes from its lore enspired backstory. The name "The Pillar of Want" in my written story is the name of the artifact staff that they weild. In my lore backstory in short it is the staff the feasts upon its weilder giving them great magical powers. However obviously I had to simulate this in game using the ravage health potions lol
    Edited by MotokoHutt on February 16, 2019 4:01PM
    PC EU