Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battalion Defender: How It Works & Is It Worth Using? (PvE)

• Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It basically heals for 2500-5000 per second while perma blocking which isnt usually what tanks do. A healer can put out more than that with a HoT.

I would say its a decent starter tank set but pretty useless for challenging content.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Stx wrote: »
    It basically heals for 2500-5000 per second while perma blocking which isnt usually what tanks do. A healer can put out more than that with a HoT.

I would say its a decent starter tank set but pretty useless for challenging content.

Actually can be quite useful for challenging content. I've seen other tanks use it for no death/hard mode/speed run achievements in the Wolfhunter+Dragonbones DLC dungeons. Also vBRP for the no death title of "The Unchained" and just today I used it to help beat vet Frostvault Hard Mode.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nefas wrote: »

Actually can be quite useful for challenging content. I've seen other tanks use it for no death/hard mode/speed run achievements in the Wolfhunter+Dragonbones DLC dungeons. Also vBRP for the no death title of "The Unchained" and just today I used it to help beat vet Frostvault Hard Mode.

Hmm, good to know. The heal it puts out seems completely inconsequential compared to what a healer can put out with any given spell.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Outside of trials, Lose the healer. Grab another DPS. The tank kind of off heals and takes care of herself. What’s not to like?
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Outside of trials, Lose the healer. Grab another DPS. The tank kind of off heals and takes care of herself. What’s not to like?

Pretty much!
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    Nefas wrote: »

Completely agree. I use it paired with Troll King for the same thing (HM, no death, and speed runs). I run it on a sorc tank with twilight and I can tank/heal the dungeons with 3 dps. It's a very effective set.