The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Merchant won't stop scanning

abreen28
abreen28
✭✭
It's constantly scanning in my chat box, I can't keep up with anything anyone is saying because it's constantly saying "Added 0 sales records from (guild name)". I'm in 5 guilds so it's a constant spam. It didn't start doing this until I updated MM 3 days ago. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still doing it. How do I get it to stop?
  • ErinSparkblade
    There’s an option called ‘verbose’ in the settings, switch that off and you’re good.

As for the continuous scanning, you can stretch it out, but it cannot be stopped. The Master needs feedin’.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there were an option to have it search perhaps once per hour (or even only at log-in) instead of the maximum wait time between scans being only 10 minutes. For those of us not in a bunch of trade guilds and not caring about minute-by-minute price variations this is too taxing on our systems! (yes, can feel slight laggy hiccups when it's scanning)
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    I wish there were an option to have it search perhaps once per hour (or even only at log-in) instead of the maximum wait time between scans being only 10 minutes. For those of us not in a bunch of trade guilds and not caring about minute-by-minute price variations this is too taxing on our systems! (yes, can feel slight laggy hiccups when it's scanning)
    Did you ask this on the ESOUI Mater Merchant page?
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for the continuous scanning, you can stretch it out, but it cannot be stopped. The Master needs feedin’.

This might be the best thing I've read on the forums in like.....EVER.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »

This seems like a pretty reasonable request! We'll see what we can do to accommodate!
    @sylviermoone
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to let you know, in the MasterMerchant.lua file at around line 1221 you can change the MAX scan time. I changed mine to 1800. That's 30 minutes, it works fine.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad this discussion came up. Wondered what was going on with the addon. disabled the addon.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    The verbose mode is a blessing. Before, the game would lag for 30 seconds and you wouldn't know why. Now we know why.

I'd like the scan to be once-daily, instead of every 10 minutes, and for it to pause in battle. That shouldn't be hard to implement myself.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to let you know, in the MasterMerchant.lua file at around line 1221 you can change the MAX scan time. I changed mine to 1800. That's 30 minutes, it works fine.
    @phairdon and @Mudcrabber
    Did you read my post. Until MM author makes the change you will have to change it after each update.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

• Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Until MM author makes the change you will have to change it after each update.

I submitted my change to the addon's comments page where the author should see it. It seems to work, though I've only played for a half hour, long enough to see it pause scanning during battle, and to see it not scan at the 2nd 10 minute interval.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Glad this discussion came up. Wondered what was going on with the addon. disabled the addon.

Release notes are your friend. Really.
    @sylviermoone