Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Dungeon Q - not being teleported to the Dungeon

MEBengalsFan2001
MEBengalsFan2001
✭✭✭✭✭
The last five times I tried to run a dungeon I ended up getting one that was in progress. The game did not teleport me to the dungeon; so there I was in a group that was already in the dungeon and here I was in Wayrest. I won't mind this if I got teleported to the dungeon, but instead I was still in the same spot. I asked in group what dungeon and no responded, all 5 times this happened to me.

Please fix this so that if you accept a Q for a dungeon in progress you get teleported every time to the dungeon. Not getting teleported is annoying and than because no one is communicating I leave the group and take the leaver penalty.

• haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, it is super annoying. Most of the time this happens to me the group lost a member, either through a kick or disconnect, but it appears the game is holding onto them and thinks they're still part of the dungeon.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rezone tends to fix it.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just "travel to player" via the group menu. No need for them to answer which dungeon that way. I do agree it's annoying though. I think it happens to me when I'm going through a load screen when the game decides to add me to the group.. therefore somehow skips the dungeon teleport since I'm in a load screen already?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    You can just "travel to player" via the group menu. No need for them to answer which dungeon that way. I do agree it's annoying though. I think it happens to me when I'm going through a load screen when the game decides to add me to the group.. therefore somehow skips the dungeon teleport since I'm in a load screen already?

That works too, unless the dungeon thinks there's four people already and that the instance is full. I don't know of any solutions in the case.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    haelene wrote: »

That works too, unless the dungeon thinks there's four people already and that the instance is full. I don't know of any solutions in the case.

give it a minute or two, then port to a group member. whoever bailed/got kicked might still be getting removed
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This does not fix the issue all the time. You can travel to player like twenty times, and on the twenty-first time it'll actually load up.

As other people have said, the game thinks a 4th person is still in the dungeon therefore it gives you the error message "Instance is full" and not letting you port in. Super annoying. Really, you should not be able to queue up for another person until the game knows there is room in the dungeon for you.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

give it a minute or two, then port to a group member. whoever bailed/got kicked might still be getting removed

This. Give it a bit and then travel to player.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Give it a bit and then travel to player.

Yup, if the group doesn’t kick you first, this will eventually work.

• MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips on traveling to player. I forgot that was an option.

Another thing I have experienced is I get into a dungeon run all the way to the end to find out it is already over. I than leave the dungeon through the exit door and get the leaver penalty. Is this another bug with the game?

If so, both of these bugs need to be fixed for QoL improvements to the Q system.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips on traveling to player. I forgot that was an option.

Another thing I have experienced is I get into a dungeon run all the way to the end to find out it is already over. I than leave the dungeon through the exit door and get the leaver penalty. Is this another bug with the game?

If so, both of these bugs need to be fixed for QoL improvements to the Q system.

Yes, this is another known bug with the dungeon finder. I'm not 100% sure what causes this issue, but it's as if the original group had finished the dungeon and then after members started leaving they were able to queue up for another dungeon, but something went wrong in that process and it took the next group back to the first dungeon that was already finished.