Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Build Help? Im a noob (lol)

InkBearGA
InkBearGA
Soul Shriven
So I've never played a game like this before in my life but I gotta say Im loving it so far. Last night I hit CP 210. I like my Kajit because of the sneak and passives. Ive concentrated mostly on destruction staff but getting a higher damage output is boggling to me. Im not sure what champ points or skill lines to invest in at this point. HELP!
  • InkBearGA
    InkBearGA
    Soul Shriven
    Im a Warden BTW
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magic Warden? Your trick is to sustain health while metering out damage. Your not going to pull high numbers, but you will stay alive long enough to prevail
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• InkBearGA
    InkBearGA
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Magic Warden? Your trick is to sustain health while metering out damage. Your not going to pull high numbers, but you will stay alive long enough to prevail

So what about should my magic damage be at? Id even be willing to do a race/character changes to make it higher because I do want to do more DPS and not heal really.
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    InkBearGA wrote: »

So what about should my magic damage be at? Id even be willing to do a race/character changes to make it higher because I do want to do more DPS and not heal really.

Wait until next patch before race changing, Khajiit will actually perform pretty well. If you want to be safe you could go breton for the sustain....but anyway, what are you currently running set and skill wise?
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • InkBearGA
    InkBearGA
    Soul Shriven
    Some parts Necropotence and some Julianos...enough I get a two set bonus. Im at work but the skills Im pretty certain I have slotted are Screaming Cliff Racer, Theres a health debuff I do, one w a knockdown, most are destruction staff abilities from what I can remember without being in front of my TV

Wait until next patch before race changing, Khajiit will actually perform pretty well. If you want to be safe you could go breton for the sustain....but anyway, what are you currently running set and skill wise?
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know the game has a build adviser. it lets you pick if you want to focus on damage, healer or tank and it even has a beginner setting that lets you try it all out.
    It then guides you in to what to put your skill points.

And don't worry about making mistakes, by the time you reach 50, you'll have gotten skill and attributes reset scrolls, letting you reset it all for free.

And if at a later point you feel like what you picked still isn't right, you can respec at certain shrines in the game for a gold fee.

So nothing is irreversible, just try things out and see where you get.

And for a warden, that bear is a great ultimate.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • InkBearGA
    InkBearGA
    Soul Shriven
    Oh I def use my bear all the time. I know I have it slotted.
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    You know the game has a build adviser. it lets you pick if you want to focus on damage, healer or tank and it even has a beginner setting that lets you try it all out.
    It then guides you in to what to put your skill points.

And don't worry about making mistakes, by the time you reach 50, you'll have gotten skill and attributes reset scrolls, letting you reset it all for free.

And if at a later point you feel like what you picked still isn't right, you can respec at certain shrines in the game for a gold fee.

So nothing is irreversible, just try things out and see where you get.

And for a warden, that bear is a great ultimate.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some parts Necropotence and some Julianos...enough I get a two set bonus. Im at work but the skills Im pretty certain I have slotted are Screaming Cliff Racer, Theres a health debuff I do, one w a knockdown, most are destruction staff abilities from what I can remember without being in front of my TV

You'll want to work on filling out the rest of those sets to get the 5-piece bonus.

The rest is mostly practicing a rotation of damaging skills.

You don't have to do everything in this build (which will be updated for Wrathstone anyway) but to get an idea of the recommended rotation: https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-warden-build-pve/

"Make sure to activate Channeled Acceleration and Blue Betty before you start the rotation.

Winter’s Revenge > LA > Blockade of Fire > Weapon Swap >
    LA > Fetcher Infection > LA > 5x Elemental Weapon (Light Attack between each weave) > Weapon Swap >
    Restart

Use Channeled Acceleration every 4th rotation, and then only do 4x Elemental Weapon instead of 5 when you use that skill.
    Recast Blue Betty when it runs out because its very important for sustain. When you use that skill only do 4x Elemental Weapon instead of 5.
    LA = Light Attack"
  • InkBearGA
    InkBearGA
    Soul Shriven
    So if Im gonna respect my skill points tonight, are there particular things I need to make sure I use/have unlocked? Also which champ points should I be concentrating on?