The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Fanmade rework of the CP-system/gear customization

rikzi
rikzi
Soul Shriven
This is a fanmade rework of the CP-system/gear customization!

I think ESO should play to its strengths which is the customization of you char so it matches your unique playstyle.

My proposed changes are:

CP capped at 300 (you could still go higher for pride)

20% increased max stats from CP300 should stay (it adds balance to max stat vs. WD/SD)

Remove the boring nodes, in the CP system, you put points into atm.: "%offence, %defence or %recovery nodes"(like "mighty" or "Precise Strike".

Instead you get 5 points total you could spend on the remaning nodes, like: "last stand" or "perfect strikes" (max 1 point in each constelation)
(which you would unlock with the new CP-system(10, 30, 60, 100))

Gear/sets rework:
2-5 piece sets instead become 1-4 piece sets (like "hunding")
2-3 piece sets instead become 1-2 piece sets (like "agility")
both backbar and frontbar sets are active at the same time

This will give 14 equipments slots allowing you to equip 3 sets of 4 piece + monster set (or arena weapon, or a 2piece set)
Allowing you to regain alot of the strength you lost from the old CP system and furthemore add customization.

Now that the CP progression/endless power gain is removed. I propose that we instead gain "horizontal progression":

Sets, minor bonuses, can now be argmented with transmute stones: changing fx. a "129 spell damage" to "129 weapon damage" or "129 magicka recovery" (any other stat)

This should be expensive to do: first argment would cost 100, second cost 125 and a third argment should cost 150 transmute stones.

With this change you would get "horizontal progression" so people wants to play the game for many hours, to get the perfect stats on their sets.
Every time ESO adds new sets this progress would then repeat.(adding valueable replayability and gear customization)

I tried to keep it short :P
Thanks for reading! Im looking for feedback, so feel free chime in :)<3
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally have thought alot about gear customization similar to the way you mention it here. When they first announced the War Maiden set, it had a Max Health bonus. I was saddened when they changed it.

My only feedback here is on the gear customization side.
    - I don't think you should be able to re-roll the 5th set effect on gear.
    - I also think you should only be able to change one stat per set.
    - Leave gear is 5pc sets.

That's my feedback.
  • rikzi
    rikzi
    Soul Shriven
    I hear you!
    Wish i could turn the minor bonuses on "Amber Plasm" into a stamina benefiting stats. Such a cool set
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of just gear and stats it would also be interesting to transmute skills.

I'm thinking more of changing the damage type. From example Flame to Poison, From Physical to Magic damage. The mechanics of the skill stays exactly same, you just transmute the skills damage type.

You could be a dual wielder but your dw skills do flame damage and scale with magicka.

You could be a staff user but they deal poison and scales with stamina.

Lot of fun possibillities with that.