Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crown Store Gifting Unlock

RiggeIV
RiggeIV
Soul Shriven
Just a quick question, is there any way to unlock Crown Store gifting outside of the 30 day timer? Long story short, I promised someone a gift and just found out that there's a 28 day timer remaining on my 30 day timer, and made a complete ass of myself. I feel kinda bad - is there some way, or should I resign myself to endure 28 days of shame and having to miss out on that cute little pig?
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d screen shot it and show them. Hopefully that’ll help.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet is to contact Support and ask for an exemption. Or if they can't unlock your account for gifting, you could ask them if they can send the gift and charge you for it.

If the first reply you get back doesnt seem helpful, just reply back re-explaining the situation until you get an actual person. Sometimes you'll get varying reaponses from different Support members.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gift timer is in place to prevent exploiting of the gift system for new accounts which have crowns upon creation and also prevents exploiting when players receive free crowns which we have recently.

Without that timer in place, min/max exploiters could create accounts and fire off gifts to players as fast as they can create them. You can contact support and see if they can lift the restriction, but I wouldn't count on it. Best to wait it out.
  • RiggeIV
    RiggeIV
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, alright - thanks for all the suggestions and heads up, it's greatly appreciated. I'll give the support ticket a go, since this account is actually years old, just that I only recently returned to the game.

Cheers!