Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help this moron

jd24
jd24
✭✭✭
I made it to davon's watch and then went all dora the explorer and stumbled into crow's wood. I felt powerful killing the wolves in large packs but then found a bear in a cave and I don't think I got him to 80%(not sure the exact since the health bars are a little strange on this game) before he killed me. I thought ok I can come back to him later and progressed through the quest and they sent me to a tower but this flaming demon thing just murders me.

Am I even suppose to be here? I am level 11. I picked up a quest after I went in and can kill the other mobs no problem. But the bear and the nightmare inducing flame demon seems like it's meant for at least a couple people. I even grinded the wolves to get ultimate to try to burst it down but after running out of stamina and magicka and using a potion I feel like this may be impossible.
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    So I told the creepy bird lady that her and the other person should die and now I made the place impossible to finish for now lol.
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    @joedaper24b14_ESO if youre level 11 with no cp yea you probably shouldn't be there without some buddies, crows wood is a public dungeon. A little harder than a delve but once you get some levels under your belt should be able to solo public dungeons with ease.
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    Camb0Sl1ce wrote: »
    @joedaper24b14_ESO if youre level 11 with no cp yea you probably shouldn't be there without some buddies, crows wood is a public dungeon. A little harder than a delve but once you get some levels under your belt should be able to solo public dungeons with ease.

Is it a cp level requirement or just a raw level requirement like level 35 come back and take em out?

Also, I got realllll close to killing the witch lady and her bf. Probably going to try a couple more times before calling it.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to be worried about, crows wood like all public dungeons are quite hard on your own. Something to come back to later in the game, maybe with some friends or once you have some CP.
    You can try and just hang out at the bosses in there though. its a popular place people are in and out of public dungeons all the time.. if you have the patience. :) good luck
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    Last update:

I killed that ugly creep and her bf after around 20 ish attempts. I just had to kill him first since he could be stunned and just felt squishier when I attacked him. Her attacks were telegraphed and I eventually found the pattern so I could dodge them. What a rush. This may have hooked me on the game.

How often can I come back and do this place since I completed the quest? Do the quests reset for next week or how does that work exactly?
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one! You can only do the quests once, but all the bosses and mobs respawn. There is one public dungon per zone. all have one boss inside thats classes as a group boss and gives one skill point,(and about 5 or so regular bosses ) and all have a quest that gives another skill point.
    The group boss in crows wood is the ghost in the pool, you have to wait for all those ghosts to come then a big one appears. There is a ghost of a woman that is beckoning you to it, sometimes you see her up on the hills and things waving you over.
    Edited by Starlight_Knight on February 12, 2019 5:36PM
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one! You can only do the quests once, but all the bosses and mobs respawn. There is one public dungon per zone. all have one boss inside thats classes as a group boss and gives one skill point,(and about 5 or so regular bosses ) and all have a quest that gives another skill point.
    The group boss in crows wood is the ghost in the pool, you have to wait for all those ghosts to come then a big one appears. There is a ghost of a woman that is beckoning you to it, sometimes you see her up on the hills and things waving you over.

Thanks for the info! Time to kill an innocent in Anvil.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To get the group boss in crow's wood; kill the wraiths around the pool. There are 4 or 5 groups of three, iirc. Once the wraiths are dead, the boss spawns.

Don't forget the Wisp Mother boss.

Actually if you open your journal, click on the Achievement icon at the top, then find Dungeons, then Public Dungeons, and check to see if you cleared all the bosses. There should be 3 achievements for Crow's Wood.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s always worth finding the boss in every public dungeon whose defeat gives you the “group event” skill point. In Crow’s Wood it’s the ghostly boss who spawns in a shallow pool after you kill several incoming spawns of mobs (as described just above). Some add-ones are useful for indicating which boss this is in every public dungeon.

Good luck and enjoy the game!
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    It’s always worth finding the boss in every public dungeon whose defeat gives you the “group event” skill point. In Crow’s Wood it’s the ghostly boss who spawns in a shallow pool after you kill several incoming spawns of mobs (as described just above). Some add-ones are useful for indicating which boss this is in every public dungeon.

Good luck and enjoy the game!

Do you have a specific addon recommendation?