The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

collecting skillpoints again and again

• kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I have my character raid ready in a few days and probably before they do.

Past 2 characters were day 1 of level 50, raid ready lol.

The way I level is through Maelstrom Arena, and Random Dungeons, with maybe a Battle Ground or 2. This is plenty of skill points combined with those I get from leveling. Usually upwards of 65-80. Which is generally enough to have a great start. If I need more later for any reason, I just do a little questing, or do a zone of skyshards or two. Nothing really time consuming, and it also helps level up skill lines that I need to finish off.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »

The way I level is through Maelstrom Arena, and Random Dungeons, with maybe a Battle Ground or 2. This is plenty of skill points combined with those I get from leveling. Usually upwards of 65-80. Which is generally enough to have a great start. If I need more later for any reason, I just do a little questing, or do a zone of skyshards or two. Nothing really time consuming, and it also helps level up skill lines that I need to finish off.

I seriously doubt 65 SP is raid ready in a true sense as passives alone take up a lions share of that. 3 class lines and one weapon line and one armor line alone is 50 SP. Potion passive, 10 skills and 2 ults is 27 skill points.

Granted, one can probably pass up a class passive here and there but much would have to be more skipped to come within 65 points. I have not let someone run in a raid because they did not have a worthy ultimate leveled yet since they did a speed leveling. Granted, one can be carried but when it is a speed run for leaderboard that is not the way to go.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    who do i need to sacrifice to which deadra to not do this when i start a new character. its just not fun repeating something that lost its purpose after the first time (skyshards). skyshards were there to let a player explore the world now that ive done that why revisit a place ive been several times before. its just a senseless time sink that feels like work and not playing a game.

The shortest and easiest answer to your questions is: Because it's an MMO-RPG. A genre that inherently has time-consuming grinds to keep players in the game for as long as possible and lure them into buying shortcuts with real money.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except that you don’t have to farm skyshards to get skill points on a new character.

There are other ways to gather skill points.

Don’t want to do it again on another character for the 15th time? Don’t make that 15th character. Pretty simple really ...
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally , I just play the one character. I tried making alts but it felt... W
    Except that you don’t have to farm skyshards to get skill points on a new character.

There are other ways to gather skill points.

Don’t want to do it again on another character for the 15th time? Don’t make that 15th character. Pretty simple really ...

This is why I only run one character.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I seriously doubt 65 SP is raid ready in a true sense as passives alone take up a lions share of that. 3 class lines and one weapon line and one armor line alone is 50 SP. Potion passive, 10 skills and 2 ults is 27 skill points.

Granted, one can probably pass up a class passive here and there but much would have to be more skipped to come within 65 points. I have not let someone run in a raid because they did not have a worthy ultimate leveled yet since they did a speed leveling. Granted, one can be carried but when it is a speed run for leaderboard that is not the way to go.

Enough to do a Normal with 20k DPS. I did say it was day one of 50 after all = )

But that is the point, you can be plenty strong with 65-80 skill points to do all but Vet Trials.

See below for a 70 Skill Point build. Again, not going into Vet Trials with this, but it is more than enough for Normal Trials.

http://eso-skills.com/skill?z=AD7DANIv@DIORv_P%BMcOAJ@DQmu9SK&p=90629072908290929192501350235033926292729282929201620172018201920197101310221032104210522132214221512162217130513151307332523262&a=541000&c=Fizzlepop&b=Low_Skill_Points&j=t&q=151&w=11&m=2
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not even remotely a new topic. Still not remotely necessary.

It's a one-and-done proposition with character leveling, because once you've achieved these things, it's not like you have to repeat it again on the same character.

It's part of the legwork towards a specific build and can casually be done in ~100 hours.

You'll spend more than 100 hours outfitting gear on an alt in most cases.

Points from leveling. Points from 4-man quests. Points from Group Dungeon events. Points from several main quest/guild quest/zone quest quick and easy turn-ins. Points from PvP ranks.

In the end, you can have well more than enough points to do anything you want in the game without having touched a single shard after the tutorial one.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Malfious1986
    Malfious1986
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair this is why I've never made alts, I just made a character and stuck with them day one and never ever made an alt because I would rather focus on progressing the one dude with my very limited free time.
    Part of the PS4 EU Guild ESO - Expendable Heroes. Check out our Facebook Page! PSN Lord_Malfious
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair this is why I've never made alts, I just made a character and stuck with them day one and never ever made an alt because I would rather focus on progressing the one dude with my very limited free time.

I have too much free time, lol. As a Guild Officer, I like to be able to answer questions and help people with builds, so I have 7 characters.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I'm highly methodical in creating new characters.

Right now I only have 4 characters, only 3 of which I actually play the fourth is a warden that I'm leveling up speed and stamina on the mount before playing. That seems like an absolute necessity as mounts are needlessly slow to begin with. I don't repeat classes, nor races. I'll only have one of each class and one of each race. At the moment I have a Nord DK, Bosmer NB, High Elf PetSorc and a Dark Elf Warden. I'll be adding a Breton Necromancer with the next chapter. I'll probably end up playing the Necromancer before the Warden as I just created and leveled up the Sorcerer and don't feel like getting skill points on another character anytime soon. I can't imagine the repetitiveness of leveling so many characters for those that have max on the two mega servers.
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    Skyshards aren't account wide for the same reason Lorebooks aren't, and that's simply because it's extra incentive to explore and passively level. You get a small bump of XP every time you discover a location, kill a mob, complete delve quests, etc. And besides, it's more immersive. Yes, I already know, the CP system isn't very immersive, but the damage has already been done with it. I 100% agree that it would be a nice feature, but at the same time, players would be 400x less likely to go explore the world. I say 400x because I don't know the exact number of Skyshards, but you get the idea.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, my main has well over 300 skill points. My other characters basically end up with what they get just while doing the content that they are leveling through, which seems to end up being around 80 to 90.

My alts all have full builds and can participate in the game just fine without any special shard or book "farming" added to the equation.

The difference here being that my main is a maxed out crafter and makes the overwhelming majority of the gold on my account.

Account bound skyshards would be pretty imbalanced because of things like the crafting writs and sale of stolen goods across multiple characters per day, per account.

The only way to keep those rewards fair is to make sure people have to take the time to collect enough skill points to make the most use of those money making skill lines.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just see this as part of normal character development, and I personally enjoy putting the time into each of my characters. That amount of time is also dependent on the character; who they are, their personalities etc.

My main for example is a revenge fueled Altmer bent on nothing short of subjugating all of Summerset (and beyond), so for her, acquisition of power - to that end - has become an obsession. Thus, from a meta standpoint, it made sense for her to acquire every skyshard and skill point. And she has. And has used every means possible - including manipulating AD into opening a scroll gate on her behalf - as she lay stealthed by said gate waiting to grab her last skyshard (That was and always will be one of my favorite in-game moments!).

52338366_1060413677476316_3522203006143561728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeFniSBlXGL3yU2Nqcc4wjDlQCVVnk1VrA3pI2utVZjMqcfPl7v7h5GGrnQnUUeMfc17dZSa-B0T_cuMqz4ZdV_2LcxXPYbO8GJDsOmqyhAglg&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=43671aa3ca31670b2508f00782b16214&oe=5CE347A1
    Varda on the verge of being the most powerful Altmer in Tamriel

On the other hand, Iona, my crafter is casual about her knowledge building. She prefers being in front of a forge, or patiently crafting a fine bow. So she's acquired those necessary skills, and could care less about fighting skills and such. She keeps mainly to the cities and towns of Tamriel. If she needs to venture our for materials and happens to learn a bit more about using a blade, so be it. If not, that's okay to.

I guess as a gamer choosing a persistent world MMORPG, I go in with an understanding that I will be playing that game for years, and that character development takes a long time. I want my characters reaching max levels to be a kind of penultimate moment, and I often get bored when games don't offer that experience. Case in point, I was pretty disappointed when skills started increases at warp speed. It's poop. I'm also an old school pen and paper nerd girl, so I guess I'm just used to prolonged campaigns and long-term character development. I find it relaxing and enjoyable.

I just don't get the "easy button." mentality I guess. I mean, I know one of the arguments is that many players don't have the time to grind, or are uber casual. That's alright - everyone's lives are different - but maybe pick a game that offers character development at pace that matches your lifestyle? Or hire someone to do the work for you? Shoot, I'd run skyshards for folks for a monthly crown allotment. lol

Edited by mayasunrising on February 12, 2019 8:30PM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    give option to choose to allow or decline once you hit level 50 on a new character.

everything on your account will be account wide. [if you choose to]
    all skyshards
    all accomplishments.
    all mount unlocks and speeds.
    all skill points.
    everything

Edited by Gilvoth on February 12, 2019 7:41PM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    give option to choose to allow or decline once you hit level 50 on a new character.

everything on your account will be account wide. [if you choose to]
    all skyshards
    all accomplishments.
    all mount unlocks and speeds.
    all skill points.
    everything

Heh, it would be like making every character a PTS character on the live server...
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be nice to have an OPTION at character creation such as:

1. Use account-wide skill points
    2. Use account-wide achievements
    3. Use account-wide quest journal

Many Alt-o-holics would rejoice at the option. The OPTION gives those who want to re-grind those things on other toons for role play or perhaps their personal enjoyment could do so where players who find other enjoyment in the game could choose that OPTION to do the lesser enjoyable things once and spend their time doing things in the game they enjoy more.

The key here is allowing players to do in the game what they find enjoyable. People tend to spend more time in enjoyable activities.

I would love to see the OPTION at the character level. My 2 cents worth.

Your OPTION means that players who are Alt-o-holics would be able to spend less time in game overall even if their time in game were more enjoyable.

If there's one thing we can take away from ZOS adding more and more grinds to ESO designed to keep players playing longer, we can tell that player enjoyment at the expense of less time in game is not their end goal. Instead, they wwant players playing longer even if they are less happy - in part because a robust population in game is good for an MMO and also because players who are in-game are more likely to spend money on ongoing content.

In short, over the entire game population, your OPTION makes ZOS less $$$. So, I think it unlikely to happen.

ehh this is very wrong if you mean every player..

ofc not every but jsut many other players wont agree with you as this option will finally "open and option" to play and alts isntead of only main char

now I dont play alts because of how this is working...if this OPTION would be real then I finally would play also alts in many different content instead of only main for some content and then afk becasue of boredoom from playing single character for years
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    who do i need to sacrifice to which deadra to not do this when i start a new character. its just not fun repeating something that lost its purpose after the first time (skyshards). skyshards were there to let a player explore the world now that ive done that why revisit a place ive been several times before. its just a senseless time sink that feels like work and not playing a game.

Outside of the skills you use in your build, and additional passives, why do you need to farm skyshards?

I understand for a crafter, but not every character needs to be a crafter. Outside of that, why do you need additional skill points?

It's nice to have more than one build be possible on the same character.

But yes -- a lot of skill points can go into making gold: Hirelings, crafts at more than the minimum mat tiers, etc.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 12, 2019 7:44PM
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nooo.. Not this discussion again :'(

But here is my tipp again: run the group events of all pubs and grab the skyshards in them. Gives you about 30 Skillpoints. You can do this even with a healer in very short time. There are so much fast skillpoints you can get... Unless you are making a crafter there is no point in complaining. The only Exception would be that you have to create 3 new chars every week... but who does?
    Edited by mxxo on February 12, 2019 7:56PM
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    They should at least let you keep the skill points/achievements for the main quest/fighter/mages guild. Those are the real annoying things to me after your 10th or so character.

I can lvl a char from 1-50 in one play session. Why can I do this but then have to spend a ton of time just to get enough points to flesh him out.

Also to the guy asking why some people need more skill points, people don’t want to be pigeon holed into one build all the time so it takes more skill points. For example I can just regear my stamdk tank into a stamdk pvper without having to respec etc. also there’s passives everywhere u need like fighters guild/undaunted etc.

Maybe I want all my chars to have every weapon mastered so I can change them out at will.

It’s pointless to force us to redo the same content over and over. Zone clears are one thing, in hurry up mode I can clear a zone Lickedy split.

Those annoying story quests though for the 10th plus time through having to listen to the prophet over and over and over.......
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be nice to have an OPTION at character creation such as:

1. Use account-wide skill points
    2. Use account-wide achievements
    3. Use account-wide quest journal

Many Alt-o-holics would rejoice at the option. The OPTION gives those who want to re-grind those things on other toons for role play or perhaps their personal enjoyment could do so where players who find other enjoyment in the game could choose that OPTION to do the lesser enjoyable things once and spend their time doing things in the game they enjoy more.

The key here is allowing players to do in the game what they find enjoyable. People tend to spend more time in enjoyable activities.

I would love to see the OPTION at the character level. My 2 cents worth.

Your OPTION means that players who are Alt-o-holics would be able to spend less time in game overall even if their time in game were more enjoyable.

If there's one thing we can take away from ZOS adding more and more grinds to ESO designed to keep players playing longer, we can tell that player enjoyment at the expense of less time in game is not their end goal. Instead, they wwant players playing longer even if they are less happy - in part because a robust population in game is good for an MMO and also because players who are in-game are more likely to spend money on ongoing content.

In short, over the entire game population, your OPTION makes ZOS less $$$. So, I think it unlikely to happen.

ehh this is very wrong if you mean every player..

ofc not every but jsut many other players wont agree with you as this option will finally "open and option" to play and alts isntead of only main char

now I dont play alts because of how this is working...if this OPTION would be real then I finally would play also alts in many different content instead of only main for some content and then afk becasue of boredoom from playing single character for years

I said "over the entire game population." By which I mean, "while some players will not play less if this option is available, many more players will play less than they otherwise would."

Its not about you or me as an individual. Its about the aggregate behavior of the entire game's population. Now, I don't have the data to back this up, but I strongly suspect the percentage of players who refuse to level up alts because of the grind and eventually fall away out of boredom is much lower than the players who suck it up and level alts despite the grind, thus extending their playtime before they eventually get tired of the grind and stop playing.

Every time someone grinds to level up an alt, that's ZOS' strategy working to keep people playing the game longer - and over the entire game population, I strongly suspect more people level up alts despite the grind than people who refuse to because of the grind.

In the long run and looking at the entire game population, ZOS is banking on a strategy of keeping players grinding away in game to make them more money than simply making people immediately happy with account-wide options for everything.
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Done. 8 Characters, 8 Cadwell's gold in the bag. 8 Characters with all skyshards from all the overland PvE zones (including Craglorn).

It's really not that hard. I can clear about a zone a day of Shards, Public Dungeon, and Alliance quests. That's about 2 weeks work to get a Character to 50 and get more skill points than you will ever realistically need.

I'm not really clear whether you are bragging or saying you are an average player.

• Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. It's just trashy busywork.
    forever stuck in combat
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Outside of the skills you use in your build, and additional passives, why do you need to farm skyshards?

I understand for a crafter, but not every character needs to be a crafter. Outside of that, why do you need additional skill points?

Because some characters are more versatile than others and actually need them.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mxxo wrote: »

But here is my tipp again: run the group events of all pubs and grab the skyshards in them. Gives you about 30 Skillpoints. You can do this even with a healer in very short time. There are so much fast skillpoints you can get... Unless you are making a crafter there is no point in complaining. The only Exception would be that you have to create 3 new chars every week... but who does?

I have a character with 195 skyshards, a lot of public dungeon clears and a lot of group dungeons clears who wishes he had more skill points.

I have one with 295 skyshards, a lot of public dungeon clears, and about 10 group dungeon clears. He wishes he had more skill points too. A lot more, actually. (That said, he's a Bosmer thief, so I think I'll be playing him a lot less in the future than I have to date, unless I change him to Khajit.)

And now that my original main and current main crafter is about to be actively played again (Breton sorcerer, as opposed to the Altmer who was my first character to Undaunted 9), even he is running low on skill points.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Na0cho wrote: »
    They should at least let you keep the skill points/achievements for the main quest/fighter/mages guild. Those are the real annoying things to me after your 10th or so character.

I can lvl a char from 1-50 in one play session. Why can I do this but then have to spend a ton of time just to get enough points to flesh him out.

Also to the guy asking why some people need more skill points, people don’t want to be pigeon holed into one build all the time so it takes more skill points. For example I can just regear my stamdk tank into a stamdk pvper without having to respec etc. also there’s passives everywhere u need like fighters guild/undaunted etc.

Maybe I want all my chars to have every weapon mastered so I can change them out at will.

It’s pointless to force us to redo the same content over and over. Zone clears are one thing, in hurry up mode I can clear a zone Lickedy split.

Those annoying story quests though for the 10th plus time through having to listen to the prophet over and over and over.......

And if that's what you want, that's fine. But you don't need to have all that within 10 hours of creating your character. Get your character battle-ready on their main spec, and then get additional skill points for a secondary spec and crafting over time. He's going to be there forever.

As for your first question, you can level your character in one play session and then have to go after everything else because you are ignoring the fact that all these skill lines and character level were designed to be worked on together. Sure, you can take a shortcut to 50 by running dolmens or whatever, but that comes with a price of not leveling guild skills (outside of Fighter's Guild) or getting extra skill points in the process. It may seem like a good idea when you start, but as you are yourself noting, it makes running after everything else once you are 50 seem "boring".

Again, it is your choice how you do this and you could level doing things that are more useful in the long run, even if it takes more than one play session to get to 50.

Personally, my main has every single skyshard in the game. She still has a couple of DLC zones to go through for skill points, but she doesn't really need any. My alts are in different levels of story completion, but the ones I play the most have enough skill points for what they need. The other ones, I work on bit by bit, mostly running in guild events and running dungeons. I don't worry about them too much unless I have a good chunk of time to dedicate to one of them, and that's worked for me. I now have a stam and a magicka version of each class (though the stamplar is not 50 yet for Cyrodiil reasons). I've not decided if I want to make a necro yet, since it's not a class that appeals to me.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tomg999 wrote: »
    Done. 8 Characters, 8 Cadwell's gold in the bag. 8 Characters with all skyshards from all the overland PvE zones (including Craglorn).

It's really not that hard. I can clear about a zone a day of Shards, Public Dungeon, and Alliance quests. That's about 2 weeks work to get a Character to 50 and get more skill points than you will ever realistically need.

I'm not really clear whether you are bragging or saying you are an average player.

I was responding to a comment earlier that you didn't bother to put in your quote.

My point was VERY clear. It's not hard or very time consuming to get more skill points than you will ever need. I'm sorry that you feel the need for insults instead of having valid counterpoints.

In a game that takes you 6 MONTHS to fully level your horse (which is not account bound either BTW) what are the odds of them giving you insta skill points?
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More grindin', less cryin'' ya lazy sods! The amount of time wasted on this thread could've netted you a whole zones' worth of shards by now.
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    mxxo wrote: »

I have a character with 195 skyshards, a lot of public dungeon clears and a lot of group dungeons clears who wishes he had more skill points.

I have one with 295 skyshards, a lot of public dungeon clears, and about 10 group dungeon clears. He wishes he had more skill points too. A lot more, actually. (That said, he's a Bosmer thief, so I think I'll be playing him a lot less in the future than I have to date, unless I change him to Khajit.)

And now that my original main and current main crafter is about to be actively played again (Breton sorcerer, as opposed to the Altmer who was my first character to Undaunted 9), even he is running low on skill points.

If you dont have enough skillpoints in this game you doing smth wrong, honestly. I have no problem with any char. 4 of my chars are even crafters besides their pve/pvp skills they have. Btw... you dont need to clear a pub, its enough to do the group event and grab the skyshard. Should take you 2 mins, after it you port to the next. Its rly not that hard. You make it sound like you are in a rly desperate situation... but you are not.
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mount speed is probably my least favorite grind to do on an alt!
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the math for the bare minimum skills and morphs needed... Then get that on your alts. Some builds require a few more tweaks, but you do not need ALL shards. Especially with other ways to acquire skill points, dungeons, pvp, quests.
    Main: (PvP & PvE)
    Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar, the Vestige

PvP:
    Aurik Siet'ka a Redguard Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius a Redguard Warden
    Jux Blackheart a Redguard Nightblade
    Goliath of Hammerfell a Redguard Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon a Redguard* Sorcerer

PvP: (Specialty)
    Tyrus Septim an Imperial Lycan Sorcerer
    Tsar af-Bomba a Redguard Vampiric Nightblade
    Movárth Piquine a Nord Vampiric Necromancer
    Uri Ice-Heart the Twin a Nord Vampiric Warden

PvE:
    Cinan Tharn an Imperial Dragonknight
    Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar an Imperial Dragonknight
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis an Akavari* Templar
    Tav'i at-Shinji a Redguard** Warden
    Lucky Hunch the Gambler - a Redguard Nightblade

Leveling...
    Zenovia at-Tura a Redguard** Sorcerer
    Yesi af-Kalik a Redguard Templar
    Voa a Priest of Sep a Redguard* Necromancer
    ======
    Passives of another race used. (RP)
    *Breton
    **Imperial

__________________________Backstories:_________________________

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard warrior; He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. Over many years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r.

Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from the undead zombies, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; was asked to assist the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting living enemies on the battlefield if he so desired. Goliath being a Yokudan warrior wields a massive sword in respect to the Ansei, a gift given by the Imperial, Cinan Tharn. Not many soldiers are able to wield double two handed weapons, but Goliath loves to get up and personal in a fight, so he also carries a giant maul, both weapons laced with magical flames.

Jux Blackheart is a master thief that masquerades as a Bard at the Sisters of the Sands inn, with his younger sidekick Lucky Hunch for pilfering and gambling during this time. Jux was known to infiltrate any towns bank vault he came across and even delved into Ayelid ruins without detection. Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the famed thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of his greed and the glimmer of his golden armor in the moonlight. He lost his left pinky fingertip as a lesson! But in return, he gained a new friend, as it was his first time since a child being caught red-handed...

Upon arrival back in the Alik'r after many moons of adventuring, Ras Kalik ventures to Bergama. Visiting The Winking Jackal, he runs into Jux Blackheart, who introduces him to the coin game Crowns vs Forebearers (Heads vs Tails) and Golden Dwemer (RBG).... Jux constantly takes gold from the unfortunate thru theft or gambling, his biggest gambling victim is actually his partner in crime known as Lucky Hunch the Gambler. Lucky doesn't mind losing any gold coins to Jux... as Jux saved him from Altmer slavers in Summerset, by stealing a key and sending him on a boat to the mainland years prior. Lucky spent years in slavery with Khajiits in Summerset and picked up the art of subterfuge, using illusion magic disguises and stealing there.

Kaotik Von’Daemon an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon caravan to be a soldier in the war in Cyrodiil. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r, during this long caravan ride the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer banker, an Imperial mercenary and two other soldiers, an Imperial and a Breton Knight, stating proudly he was an Akavir descendent. One of the Imperials, Cinan, claimed to be related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (One of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn was really Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son. He was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder of the two Imperials was Tyrus Septim a retired Imperial navy battle-mage (now a Lycan mercenary living in the city of Rimmen) and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son Cinan more. Tyrus now a ruffian and privateer had been paid by Abnur Tharn to watch over Cinan as much as possible. Cinan Tharn a drunkard, loves to drink at least a quarter barrel of Nord mead before he raids various delves and dungeons for relics to sell on the black market. Cinan also plans to one day, run an illegal gambling ring... which he thinks will net him more gold for his wares.

The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperial soldiers. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be an imprisoned servant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a reknown Imperial/Akavirri battle-mage. His roots going back to Akavir through his mother’s bloodline. (His mother is descended from the Akaviri, through Versidue-Shae, and his Imperial father met her in Hakoshae, while traveling) Herzog earned the nickname "the Genesis" from his father as a child, as he was his mother's first born child, and last, as she tragically died in child-birth.

Herzog was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture and was meeting Tyrus while in Rimmen, who introduced him to Cinan. This artifact being the Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Akavir descendant really wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers to meet his mothers spirit, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure but Ras Kalik, did indeed notice the sword however and instead sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Akaviri men parted ways ... While Ras Kalik went off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little did Ras Kalik know a few people were awaiting him in Senchal besides Sai. A necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, while in Alik'r. The necromancer known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits and Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (a Redguard God) and Ius (the Animal God), after being burned severely by the escaped dragons in Elsywer, is awaiting his arrival also. Aurik is a soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant that was introduced to necromancy while in the military, even though this magicka art is not spoken of openly by most of the Military leaders. He came to Alik'r and worked with the Withered Hand before Ras Kalik intervened on their plans. After the defeat of the Withered Hand, he aligned with the Worm Cult, and is constantly adapting and perfecting his necromantic arts.

After his journey to Rimmen, Kalik heads south to Senchal, in the southern regions of Elyswer. This new adventure will also put him on a path to meet a strange Redguard man. The stranger which was infected with an untreated Peyrite disease and also was the exiled from the Order of the New Moon cult, due to his sickness. He originally joined the cult to worship Laatvulon, the green dragon, mistakenly thinking it was the Daedric prince Peyrite. This confused and suffering cultist is known as Tsar al-Bomba and he is on a path to spread the disease. He was originally infected in Orccrest while recruiting members there. Can Ras Kalik and the shaman Cacique cure this poor soul, only time will tell. Little does Tsar al-Bomba know, that his infection is tied to Vampirism, and eventually the desire for blood will take over his mind. Senchal also offers Kalik his latest love interest... Aeliah. Whom he fondly led thru battles with the Dragonguard.

After the trek thru the heat, tropical and desert climate of Northern and Southern Elyswer, Ras Kalik heads north to the cold mountain range of Skyrim. His companion friend Lyris beckons for him with a letter sent by crow...

Movárth Piquine - a former vampire hunter (now infected), within the Fighter's Guild (and a secretive necromancer) was in Skyrim working with the Morthaal Guard. On a patrol mission he was caught in Frewien's ice curse outside of Morthaal with the frozen undead. Movárth's vampiric infection kept him from becoming an undead minion to the curse. He was able to use necromantic ice-magic to encase himself safely until he was freed with Freiwen, when the Vestige Ras Kalik broke the curse.

Uri Ice-Heart - brother of Urfon Ice-Heart. The twin sons of Atli and Oljourn Ice-Heart. The Ice-Heart family are originally from Markarth but now reside on the Jerall Mountain range near Cyrodiil, with their younger sister Araki. The twins had joined the Winterborn Reachmen while living in Markarth. Urfon pushed west to Orsinium with the Winterborn Clan, leaving his family behind. Uri stayed behind with his parents and sister to live in the family cabin for safety, avoiding the Vampire plague infiltrating the Reach. After news reaches him and he hears of Urfon's death... Uri leaves and heads home and is seeking vengeance. Meanwhile, his sister has also moved on to Windhelm to join the Fighter's guild. He will visit his sister, once before going to seek vengeance and she will craft him armor mixed with ice, called Stalhrim armor. Uri fearing death, after his brother's passing, falls victim to the convincing talk of Movárth at a Nordic tavern, and will also becomes a vampire.

{time moves forward through the hour-glass}
    PS5/NA - Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar - Daggerfall Covenant • 1550+ Champion