The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ETA?

Baconlad
Baconlad
✭✭✭✭✭
zeni common. give us somthing here, ETA on NA uptime?
atleast give us a "within the hour" or "will not go up until after you have to go to work bacon" somthing...pls?
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably crashed the servers. Wouldn't be surprised.
  • danieltweedleub17_ESO
    ETA what... what do you want eaten?
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've already been given an ESTIMATED time of arrival, which is what ETA stands for. It simply didn't reach the estimated goal, so.... be patient?
  • danieltweedleub17_ESO
    I'm waiting for my food. I wanna ETA some food
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    some time on Wed evening after several aborted starts...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ight main, if you tell your boss you're going to be late for work. he/she will normally ask you for an ETA. you tell them...."maybe 15 minutes".
    if you're past 15 minutes...say 40 minutes. do you think your boss will be a bit happy or pleased with your arrival? mine wouldnt.

granted i understand we're talking about a game here. but it is somthing a lot of us pay for, so...don't you think that if they are going to be late they should atleast give us a new ETA? cause as of right now they are almost an hour past their ETA...and when you sit down to your computer with the intentions of playing some ESO before you go to work at 5 pm est, you'd be a bit peeved with the lack of communication as well
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    t3gKEWK.jpg
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are probably busy doing stuff, you know, like server maintenance. Stuff that's way more important than giving an update on the ETA every 20 minutes. Would it be nice? Sure. Is it necessary? Not even in the slightest.
  • danieltweedleub17_ESO
    We are gonna ETA cow?
    Edited by danieltweedleub17_ESO on February 11, 2019 5:43PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nun don't put any memes in here...this was more or less a boredome, irritated post! save those for the other posts to keep them LOCALIZED!!!
  • Vonbone
    Vonbone
    ✭✭✭
    ETA of 12PM. It didn't say 12PM today. :D
  • DarkerDreams
    DarkerDreams
    ✭✭✭
    It originally said 2pm so maybe they should have just left it at that.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have just left the up time as it originally was at 2PM EST. If they had gotten finished early then pat themselves on the back for beating their estimate.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought it said 2 PM EST on the announcement
  • danieltweedleub17_ESO
    Bacon, have you always been a spoiled brat? They are working as hard as they can to get the damn thing up. They understand that happy customers mean more money. You already know there are overruns in maintenance. Its customers like you that make companies throw their hands up, give up, and move into another line of work altogether.

*spelling error
    Edited by danieltweedleub17_ESO on February 11, 2019 5:47PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @dimensional ...pls stop
    you know very well that the community service reps at eso have nothing to do with the maintenance...they could very well log into forums and drop a five second long post with new ETA
  • danieltweedleub17_ESO
    Go do something else other than cry.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of days ago I saw ETA 4:00 pm EST. Next time Zos always leave a later ETA up then you will be cool on posts like these. 👍
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are probably busy doing stuff, you know, like server maintenance. Stuff that's way more important than giving an update on the ETA every 20 minutes. Would it be nice? Sure. Is it necessary? Not even in the slightest.

Well, community managers aren't doing the maintenance...

ETA would be nice. If it's more than an hour from now on, I'll probably go and make dinner even though I'm not that hungry now. But if I just wait and postphone dinner until later, I'll probably not play at all this evening and miss my tickets for the day (being an EU player on NA servers usually works out pretty well... except for today ;)).
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    delete

Edited by Dragonnord on February 11, 2019 5:52PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA will be given. This is common practice in server maint.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Thought it said 2 PM EST on the announcement

They changed it to 12PM EST.

It is never a good idea to publicly announce a reduction in estimated time as there is only downside whether you miss it or not. If you miss it you are ostracized for the miss and if you make the time everyone questions future estimates as overlong using this as the example. It is best to stick to the original times whether in the end they are really needed or not.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not throwing a fit it's not up, my posts have nothing to do with being spoiled, and everything to do with communication. you're providing a service as a company...if you are late delivering on somthing. you should be telling your customers WTF is going on. being late i don't mind one bit. but being late and not saying anything after an hour...thats a bit frustrating
  • woodgolemb14_ESO

The "professional" course of action, upon discovering you will miss a reported deadline, would be to update said deadline. Almost an hour past their "estimate" and no update. S.O.P. for ZoS I guess.
  • danieltweedleub17_ESO
    Why would they say they have a new ETA if they dont have a new ETA?
  • danieltweedleub17_ESO
    I get this alot, when is it going to be fixed, I tell most customers I'll keep working on it until it's fixed and wont stop until you are happy.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. @danieltweedleub17_eso fair point

How about an update? "Hey guys. We at ZOS are extremely sorry for the wait. Doing everything we can to make sure the game is running up to your expectations! We DO NOT have an ETA as of right now. Pls be patient" was that so hard?

That's called communication with customers
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    i'm not throwing a fit it's not up, my posts have nothing to do with being spoiled, and everything to do with communication. you're providing a service as a company...if you are late delivering on somthing. you should be telling your customers WTF is going on. being late i don't mind one bit. but being late and not saying anything after an hour...thats a bit frustrating

It's staggering how many companies, bosses, and even employees don't understand the "under-promise, over-deliver" principal. Don't make a promise (in this case, saying servers back up at x time), unless you can do better than that promise.
    If you stick to that principal, when things go wrong and you accidentally over-promise, the response won't be backlash because you've built good reputation.

Also, it's just a game, so it's not really that big of a deal. But people do pay for the service, and ZOS aren't exactly on great terms with many in the playerbase for various reasons.

rip decibel
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell I'd be content with a Gina trademark post just stating "SOON" with a little gif
  • danieltweedleub17_ESO
    The CMs are at lunch. They will come back in 2 minutes and crap their pants and sent out a response by 13.15 EST.