The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Question] PvP 2H Weapon Type

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

how is 1HS superior over 2H for StamDK?

I think if you look hard enough you might find that the answer is pretty obvious. Or if you're lazy or can't see reason, just go to Alikr, duel a random sDk.

I can tell and experienced DW is better than 2H in both PvE and PvP... but 1HS is better? Even for damage?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Shield resists, good cc, good stats from the shield (double stats like chest, legs, helm).

Great thread, very informative.

Except, I didn't ask that. But other than the passive goodies, SnB offers a reliable CC with major defile, heroic slash offers minor heroism and a snare(and the damage model is almost as high as suprise attack). So basically an SnB stamDk is actually gonna have more pressure than one that spams uppercut all day.

I don't think the glorious days of uppercut+take flight will ever come back. People just aren't so squishy anymore.

I could be on my shield bar and people still spamming Dizzying Swing at 5k in BG... and I got 25k phys (not actively blocking).

Yes i get 1HS can apply more pressure, but I find there's no burst damage whatsoever.... and no burst means no kill 90% of the time in Cyrodiil............. (remember this thread is all about PvP)
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You generally only want to go Sword if you run the risk of overpenning which is not an easy feat to do in PVP.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think if you look hard enough you might find that the answer is pretty obvious. Or if you're lazy or can't see reason, just go to Alikr, duel a random sDk.

I can tell and experienced DW is better than 2H in both PvE and PvP... but 1HS is better? Even for damage?

From my experience I can tell for sure that an SnB Dk is a much bigger thread than a dizzy spamming Dk can ever be. And the damage is not much weaker than 2h. You just have to weave properly. Since Dk can't really burst down most specs without set procs like fury-seventh etc, I think its safe to say that a properly built SnB Dk will be almost always more effective than a dizzy swing Dk due to class nature.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 18, 2019 11:20PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From my experience I can tell for sure that an SnB Dk is a much bigger thread than a dizzy spamming Dk can ever be. And the damage is not much weaker than 2h. You just have to weave properly. Since Dk can't really burst down most specs without set procs like fury-seventh etc, I think its safe to say that a properly built SnB Dk will be almost always more effective than a dizzy swing Dk due to class nature.

Interesting.

So what do you think about my StamDK with Selene (or BloodSpawn) with 7th Leg heavies and Spriggan jewel/weapons should be using?

1HS/DW?

edit: .... or 1HS/Bow? lol
    Edited by Davadin on February 19, 2019 3:44AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Interesting.

So what do you think about my StamDK with Selene (or BloodSpawn) with 7th Leg heavies and Spriggan jewel/weapons should be using?

1HS/DW?

SnB and 2h, like literally every other stamDk does. you need 2h for the reverse slice and rally, thats it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 19, 2019 8:17AM
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Penetration with maul
    Effective resistance of target = (Physical resistance + major & minor buff - major & minor debuff) x 0.8 - other sources of penetration like Spriggan or CP

I personally run Nirnhoned Maul if 2H is my main offensive bar (infused maul with disease glyph is also great option) or nirnhooned greatsword if 2h is my backbar with rally and/or other heals. This is for non bleed builds.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ended up switching my 1 HS with DW, keeping maul as 2H...
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.

1HS/DW?

SnB and 2h, like literally every other stamDk does. you need 2h for the reverse slice and rally, thats it.

what's the skill on the 1hs bar should be?
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of bleeds from the 1st page, didn’t ZOS lower the bleed damage for 1H & 2H axes in the current PTS? (As that could result in lower DPS numbers when running bleed builds.)
    Edited by Skullstachio on February 20, 2019 1:06PM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    Speaking of bleeds from the 1st page, didn’t ZOS lower the bleed damage for 1H & 2H axes in the current PTS? (As that could result in lower DPS numbers when running bleed builds.)

12%, not that much.
    EU PC
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to use a greatsword in battlegrounds, but recently switched to greataxe. Even as a nightblade relying on burst, which is why I expected the sword to be better, the bleed does roughly 10% of my damage according to my combat logs. When the bleed procs at the same time as my poison its basically a death sentence to all but the tankiest characters.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    I used to use a greatsword in battlegrounds, but recently switched to greataxe. Even as a nightblade relying on burst, which is why I expected the sword to be better, the bleed does roughly 10% of my damage according to my combat logs. When the bleed procs at the same time as my poison its basically a death sentence to all but the tankiest characters.

logs on dummy or Cyro?

curious how accurate it is, because im wondering myself between Maul and Axe. 20% penetration or zero-resistance bleeding....

also, if ur wep is Infused, does it increased the tick? Or Nirnhoned Axe is better still?
    Edited by Davadin on February 20, 2019 5:41PM
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

logs on dummy or Cyro?

curious how accurate it is, because im wondering myself between Maul and Axe. 20% penetration or zero-resistance bleeding....

also, if ur wep is Infused, does it increased the tick? Or Nirnhoned Axe is better still?

Logs on battleground fights. Unreliable but still gives an indication. It varies of course, some fights its 21%, some fights it doesn't proc at all, some fights its 5.5%. But mostly its around the 10% mark. I also did a dummy log, it was about 6% on the 3 million dummy. My axe is sharpened, no idea whether nirnhoned is better to be honest.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread necro....

Tested Nirn Maul vs Infused Great Axe, both wep damage enchant. I only use Carve and light attacks to keep consistency as best as I can. After about 5 battlegrounds, it shows fairly similar result to hitting a dummy....

Axe wins.

Sure, Maul hits on average and max average about 15 - 20% than the Axe, but the bleed from Axe adds about 25 - 30% total damage on top of carve and LA.

so overall DPS has about 10 - 15% increase on my battleaxe than my maul. Yes, it doesn't hit as hard, but bleeding counts.

....now I put on some Deadly Strikes replaying 7th legion to increase bleed, and that's another 15-20% from a combination of extra bleed and 5-piece medium bonus instead of 5-piece heavy, together with Spriggan.

just an FYI.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    just got a cheap spriggan greatsword today, will be golding it with Nirn and test it on a dummy. If they're about the same, might pick the sword over the baseball bat for aesthetic reason i guess....

I suppose you will save money if you try it on PTS first. :)
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Interesting.

1HS/DW?

Sorry for the late answer, I didn't see you quoted me. The answer to your question depends on if you want to front bar SnB or back bar it. However , in any case you'll want reverb bash and heroic slash(or pierce armor) as you CC-spammable combination since thats where the majority of SnB's dueling power comes from, strong CC+spammable paired with strong debuffs.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.

1HS/DW?

Sorry for the late answer, I didn't see you quoted me. The answer to your question depends on if you want to front bar SnB or back bar it. However , in any case you'll want reverb bash and heroic slash(or pierce armor) as you CC-spammable combination since thats where the majority of SnB's dueling power comes from, strong CC+spammable paired with strong debuffs.

Nice! I thought Reverb Bash is a costly skill... I may wanna back bar it and use more defensive skills...
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    just got a cheap spriggan greatsword today, will be golding it with Nirn and test it on a dummy. If they're about the same, might pick the sword over the baseball bat for aesthetic reason i guess....

I suppose you will save money if you try it on PTS first. :)

I love Gold.....
    Edited by Davadin on March 7, 2019 5:39PM