The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Movement speed calculation

Jaxaxo
Jaxaxo
✭✭✭✭
Hello, can anybody here explain me in details how is movement speed calculated in game. Like some kind of equation maybe? What is additive, what is multiplicative, etc?
Here is example:

Warden (15% redeced effectiveness of snares in 5-1-1 (4% reduced effectiveness of snares cuz of 1 light piece) which is using steed mundus stone (10% increase movement speed) and 1 swift piece (6% increase movement speed) and is sprinting (i think it's 40% increse, but not sure) got snared by heroic slas (60% reduce speed) and is running in caltrops (30% snare - didnt get hit by them, only running in them). What is his movement speed?
Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
Youtube

Best Answer

• TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Your movement speed is 156% of base walking speed (100% + 40% sprint + 10% Steed + 6% Swift)
    • Stronger snares override weaker ones, so only the 60% Heroic snare affects you
    • Snare resistance is additive among its sources, so you have 19%.
    • Snare resistance applies multiplicatively to snares, so you are slowed by 0.6*0.81 = 48.6%

I'm not sure how/if the game rounds that decimal, so I'll just treat it as 49% to simulate the worst-case scenario.

Your current speed is therefore 107% of base.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
    Answer ✓
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    • Your movement speed is 156% of base walking speed (100% + 40% sprint + 10% Steed + 6% Swift)
    • Stronger snares override weaker ones, so only the 60% Heroic snare affects you
    • Snare resistance is additive among its sources, so you have 19%.
    • Snare resistance applies multiplicatively to snares, so you are slowed by 0.6*0.81 = 48.6%

I'm not sure how/if the game rounds that decimal, so I'll just treat it as 49% to simulate the worst-case scenario.

Your current speed is therefore 107% of base.

Thx! Was thinking it's sth like that, but needed somebody to confirm, thx for help.
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭