The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about Halls of Fabrication gear sets

kind_hero
kind_hero
✭✭✭✭✭
Because of the Morrowind event, I did nHoF several times last week, and got a full set of War Machine, plus other pieces of the Master Architect set.

On "paper" these sets look quite good, I mean some classes have cheap ultimates which can be used often to get the major slayer buff. They also look awesome, especially the medium and heavy armour variants.

My question is, why aren't these sets used more often in builds? Are they a bad choice? Or the reason behind this is the availability of better/newer sets like Relequen or Siroria?

Thanks
[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    Master architect is used a lot on mag nightblades. War machine can be used too.. but with stam dmg so high you are better off with mag wearing master architect and buffing the stam (if that makes sense). Both sets give the same buff.
    Edited by Saint314Louis1985 on February 11, 2019 8:36AM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master architect is used a lot on mag nightblades. War machine can be used too.. but with stam dmg so high you are better off with mag wearing master architect and buffing the stam (if that makes sense). Both sets give the same buff.

For my magblade I have several sets to chose from, Siroria, Inf Aether, Mother's Sorrow, Spell Strategist, BSW, so I was wondering if it is worth gathering the missing pieces for Master Architect, and if so, which combo would work best. My stamina char is my 3rd alt which I rarely play.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it’s good to have ma for mnb. Best combo would be spell strat and ma
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before some changes and the introduction of the Relequen Set, it was one of the top PvE DPS sets. It’s still good.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both the major slayer sets are good, but if a dps if wearing it, they're gonna hit lower than someone going full damage but the trade off is, its gonna be higher group dps.

A small sacrifice for the greater good
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MA is a nice set. But I prefer more of the sets you mentioned. The limitation is the 5th piece buff only triggering with an Ulti use. I’d rather have the constant damage I get from pairing IA with Spell Strategist (or IA plus Mothers Sorrow in AoE centered content). Siroria is great, but only in content where you stay stationary enough to take advantage of that 5th piece bonus.