The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About out-of-combat regeneration...

Reistoph
Reistoph
✭✭
What do u guys think about removing out-of-combat regeneration? It means the regen stats are doing exactly, no matter in or out of combat. On top of it, we makes potion takes 2 to 3 secs to consume but no cooldown on potions, meaning we can chug up potions anytime. And make it dat we can go double buff, like 1 food, 1 drink. Just wanna make ESO a bit survival, what do u guys think?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go play a different game?
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

This.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of the weirdest game-breaking suggestions I've ever seen. ZOS are trying to balance the game (at least I think they do). This ain't it. I spy a troll.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making in- and out of combat regen the same would be nice. Some high regen builds actually have less regen out of combat than in combat. I was trying to make a permacloaking NB a while back, but out of combat regen is capped (around 2.2k, I think), so I had to invest in cost reduction instead to make it work. Absolutely weird behavior.

The rest of the suggestions is not very good though for balance reasons.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    Making in- and out of combat regen the same would be nice. Some high regen builds actually have less regen out of combat than in combat. I was trying to make a permacloaking NB a while back, but out of combat regen is capped (around 2.2k, I think), so I had to invest in cost reduction instead to make it work. Absolutely weird behavior.
    That is actually the reason why I would be against making the change. Too much scope for ZOS messing it up and making things worse for magblade. You just have to know what to do. Out of combat regen scales higher, but you have to get your regen from the Atro mundus and drinks. I run Ghastly Eye Bowl. Magicka regen bonuses from gear and enchants don't work. Cost reduction, as you have noticed, does, or you can make up the difference with Siphoning Attacks (might be enough in CP on a Breton). If you want a perma-cloaking magblade, the way to do it is with damage sets, not sustain sets.

If you want an out of combat perma-cloaking stamblade, in medium armor, this is also possible, albeit at a high cost. You have to use the Atro mundus, a dual-regen drink, and continuously drink magicka potions. Immovable / Detection / Magicka tends to be the most useful, however you end up gimping your damage a lot on a stamblade. An interesting alternative is to run Prisoner on the back bar and sprint to regain magicka, although I think with the nerf to Forward Momentum, Eternal Hunt is probably the better set, these days. Prisoner tends to be a little inconsistent with it's activation. It's not always reliable.
    Edited by fred4 on February 11, 2019 1:02AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    That is actually the reason why I would be against making the change. Too much scope for ZOS messing it up and making things worse for magblade. You just have to know what to do. Out of combat regen scales higher, but you have to get your regen from the Atro mundus and drinks. I run Ghastly Eye Bowl. Magicka regen bonuses from gear and enchants don't work. Cost reduction, as you have noticed, does, or you can make up the difference with Siphoning Attacks (might be enough in CP on a Breton). If you want a perma-cloaking magblade, the way to do it is with damage sets, not sustain sets.

If you want an out of combat perma-cloaking stamblade, in medium armor, this is also possible, albeit at a high cost. You have to use the Atro mundus, a dual-regen drink, and continuously drink magicka potions. Immovable / Detection / Magicka tends to be the most useful, however you end up gimping your damage a lot on a stamblade. An interesting alternative is to run Prisoner on the back bar and sprint to regain magicka, although I think with the nerf to Forward Momentum, Eternal Hunt is probably the better set, these days. Prisoner tends to be a little inconsistent with it's activation. It's not always reliable.

That explanation makes absolutely no sense. You want inconsistencies is how different sources of Magicka Regen (that are identical in tooltip description) work in and out of combat, just because you’ve already figured out how to take advantage of the nonsensical system?

Atronach and regen food should work the same as set bonuses. And arbitrary unspoken caps on out of combat regen should not exist.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

You want inconsistencies is how different sources of Magicka Regen (that are identical in tooltip description) work in and out of combat
    No, not really.
    , just because you’ve already figured out how to take advantage of the nonsensical system?
    I am afraid of ZOS going near this, because they have a tendency to nerf sustain or break something else (see: Shade).

I'm telling everyone what to do. Whether you view this as an advantage or a handicap is really a glass half full or half empty kind of thing.

By and large your out of combat regen is higher than in combat. I believe this is for good reason, for example so that you run out of stamina less easily while running around a town and so you recover your stats faster while standing idle on a resource or between rounds of, say, vMA. This is something we've all gotten used to, even if we didn't notice.

I think the problem is mainly a lack of transparency. Idle regen is not listed on the stat sheet, but you might see it with an addon or you can see it listed in the UESP build editor.
    Atronach and regen food should work the same as set bonuses.
    I agree in principle.
    And arbitrary unspoken caps on out of combat regen should not exist.
    I believe they do not. That was merely an assumption of the OP, because he did not fully understand what was happening.
    Edited by fred4 on February 11, 2019 6:27PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fred4 I appreciate you sharing the knowledge here, I just think that the vast majority of the player base will never know about these subtle differences.

It reminds me of the strange way the 20% multiplier on resources has always worked on some bonuses but not others. I’m glad this is finally being fixed in Wrathstone, so different sources of the same stat will be directly comparable. Sure, there’s a chance that something will go wrong with the fix, but that’s no reason to leave it broken.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

My thought since it sounds like OP wants to play a survival game.

Ark Survival Evolved and Amazon is developing a PvP survival game. I hope I did not break my NDA just mentioning it. lol

Edit. No one has provided an actual reason for the suggested changes other than they think they would like it. As it stands it is a pointless change as it is just suggesting a change for the sake of a change.
    Edited by idk on February 13, 2019 11:16PM