The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Necromancer] Summon Skeletal Mage / Mender - Buff or permanent Pet, your preference ?

Weihnachtsstern
Weihnachtsstern
Soul Shriven
Hello all, in preparation to the summer expansion I'd like to find out the general preference towards the upcoming Necromancers summoning ability. From what I've gathered, the Necromancer has two summoning abilities, Summon Skeletal Mage and Summon Skeletal Mender and these are currently supposed to be limited duration buffs like the Wardens Betty Netch, Blue Betty and Bull Netch as opposed to permanent pets like the Sorcerers Unstable Familiar and Summon Winged Twilight as well as the Wardens Feral Guardian. What is your preferred duration for these two skills ?

[Necromancer] Summon Skeletal Mage / Mender - Buff or permanent Pet, your preference ? 39 votes

10s duration - make it a SHORT duration buff, shorter than the Wardens Betty Netch
23%
SkayaqAshamrayDerraRatzkifalboggoZatoxWildRaptorXMagicalLijaESO_Nightingale 9 votes
30s duration - make it a MODERATE duration buff, like the Wardens Betty Netch
25%
Godspeedvalidifyedneb18_ESOHidesFromSunAjax_22Froilveil_colossalvoidsEliteWarriorSpeggethusbrandsnipe 10 votes
60s duration - make it a LONG duration buff, longer than the Wardens Betty Netch
12%
AdernathmitebaMorgul667SlycologySunBroDesion 5 votes
permanent - make it a pet like the Sorcerers Unstable Familiar and Summon Winged Twilight
25%
Malthornedrakeos99GrumpyDucklingArgonianAustinDosuulFanmaRmacsmoothKhajiitFelixYe_Olde_CroweReinfarcements 10 votes
other - feel free to specify
12%
ZordrageYamensteinGaunterODimPerashimOathunbound 5 votes
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i Would go with Permanent.... but lets be honest here...

if it would be a real pet it would have 534526 issues like getting constantly murdered by all the things flying arround all day...
    Would also increase our lag issues in PvP zones and would make it a bigger mess then what it is all ready....

and permanent pets never truly work out in mmos especially when it comes to PvP...

would be cool to run arround with REAL minions as necro ? HELL YES.... would all the headache worth it ? HELL NO...

also perm pets are allways a balancing nightmare... they either OP or UP or one with serious AI issues...
    Edited by Zordrage on February 10, 2019 9:26AM
  • Weihnachtsstern
    Weihnachtsstern
    Soul Shriven
    That was rather insightful. I never do PvP where it seems pets are not used at all, making a buff the preferred choice in these situations. Maybe a morph that changes the buff to a pet or vice versa would help ?
    Edited by Weihnachtsstern on February 10, 2019 9:31AM
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60s duration - make it a LONG duration buff, longer than the Wardens Betty Netch
    Not permanent (we already have enough permanent stuff and it would just be too similar to the sorcerer), but long enough that the necromancer can e.g. buff his minions.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was rather insightful. I never do PvP where it seems pets are not used at all, making a buff the preferred choice in these situations. Maybe a morph that changes the buff to a pet or vice versa would help ?

i don't think its a good idea to waste a Morph slot for it when you could actually add some new effects and stuff that makes it stronger in some way...

Sure you could say then Do both make it a Buff to pet morph that ALSO changes and adds to the skill effects...
    sadly then from there on it would not be just an Optional thing and if it ends up as one of the most used better morph then we are back at my original post...

Making Pets/minions balanced in PvP while it also feels good is a HUGE secret for all the MMO devs out there...
    Even Blizzard redesigned how hunters pets and skills work 77777 times by now... and its still Blah...
    Edited by Zordrage on February 10, 2019 9:39AM
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id like about 16 seconds as I imagine they put the skill in somewhere as a dot, so one would recast this every second rotation.
    Dot in the sense of "summon a skeletal mage and make him attack x target for x seconds".
    But most important thing is: NO DOUBLE BARRED PETS. THEY FEEL TERRIBLE.
    Edited by GaunterODim on February 10, 2019 9:45AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 second is not short. It is average. 6 seconds is short. 20 second is long. You will be lucky if the skills you are talking about last 20.
  • Oathunbound
    Oathunbound
    ✭✭✭
    I picture the mender and the mage (if that's what we are getting, don't even know the morphs yet) would be like turrets. You summon them and they will be stationary attacking any hostile mob in range or the one you choose like how they have it not with pet targeting. The bomber skeles might act like smart bombs and just try to run down their target and explode. but both would count as pets so necropotence would be active when we have a skele out.
  • Weihnachtsstern
    Weihnachtsstern
    Soul Shriven
    I hope the morphs add different elements to the mages arsenal. It be kinda cool to have a floating mage follow you and shoot fireballs and stuff. Passive skills could increase the duration of the buff.
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10s duration - make it a SHORT duration buff, shorter than the Wardens Betty Netch
    10-15 seconds sounds about right, like most other dots
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all, in preparation to the summer expansion I'd like to find out the general preference towards the upcoming Necromancers summoning ability. From what I've gathered, the Necromancer has two summoning abilities, Summon Skeletal Mage and Summon Skeletal Mender and these are currently supposed to be limited duration buffs like the Wardens Betty Netch, Blue Betty and Bull Netch as opposed to permanent pets like the Sorcerers Unstable Familiar and Summon Winged Twilight as well as the Wardens Feral Guardian. What is your preferred duration for these two skills ?

think it's realistic with the idea of necro that we know of so far. i mean SKELETON BOMBER will be badass.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • luizpaulom17
    luizpaulom17
    ✭✭✭
    I think U are completely mistaken to compare those skeleton with warden's Betty Netch... Those skeletons wont be buffs, they will be damage/healing pets. People are comparing Necro too much with warden, and I get that since there are some recycli... cough... ressemblences, like the spikes AoE and skeleton bomber might be a bit like sub assault skill... But I dont really get it why U would think a skeleton mage would be a buff... that would be terribe hahahaha

Hopefully those pets will also have some sort of proc we can activate from time to time for a higher damage/healing. And they kind of made it clear that those wont be permanent... Though ZOS likes to please us when we make too much noise around here, so dont spot crying about that!
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will probably be 20 seconds like night blade"s shade
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer the option to make it permanent through morphs, with the other morph being overall more powerful to compensate for a limited duration.
    Despair for the Living...
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh i don't want a constant pet like the bear or the sorc pets. i want just something where you rise the dead before they decompose