Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need help with bugged weapon swap

rei91
rei91
✭✭✭
So I reached lvl 15 with my crafter alt. Screen lightened, and I all happy immediately went into my invertory, assigned weapon and skills on second bar - BEFORE pressing F to claim rewards for lvl up. I guess by doing this I broke some sequence, and now I can't weapon swap with this character with assigned button. The only way it works is to do it manually from invertory, which is guaranteed death for me during battle)) A week passed since, I tried removing all weapons, also I'm playing with other chars, doesn't work.
Did anyone encounter this before? Does anyone know any solution, or it's permanent now? She's a dedicated crafter, so it's not a big deal, but collecting shards is even more adventurous now, considering her not leveled everything besides crafting))

Sorry for my English being funny.
  • WolfDK
    WolfDK
    ✭✭
    As it have been going on for 1 week, i would say you should make a ticket to support about it.

Have never had it happen to me ( or heard about it ) so no idea how to help you with it.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A screenshot of the issue would help forum-goers help you, @rei91.

Make sure you have a weapon(s) slotted on your 2nd bar ... and double check your keybinding assignments.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 9, 2019 6:36PM
  • rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    WolfDK wrote: »
    As it have been going on for 1 week, i would say you should make a ticket to support about it.

Yeah, I guess I should... I'll just wait a little longer. Maybe someone will come and say something like "de-slot all skills, become a wereboar, dance for one hour under two moons the third Sundas of First Seed and it will help you" ))
    A screenshot of the issue would help forum-goers help you, @rei91.
    Make sure you have a weapon(s) slotted on your 2nd bar ... and double check your keybinding assignments.

I'm not sure what exactly should I do the screenshot of. My invertory with two staves slotted? It doesn't even show up the usual "you can't switch your weapon right now because blabla" thing, just nothing happens when I press the button. But it works when I press the arrow in my inventory, and I can use slotted second weapon and secondary skills.
    And it's not a key binding case, because I can swap weapons on my other char just fine.
  • rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just curious - if someone else was stupid enough (like me) to try and use level up rewards before actually getting them lol
    As I get it, the game couldn't see anything slotted in second bar before accepting lvl up despite letting slot it.
    Know what, I'll do some testing. Will try to mess around with weapons some more, and will wait until next lvl up - maybe then the game will recognise that second weapon is actually slotted. Then I'll write results here.

Any suggestions about dancing in the moonlight will be appreciated though. :)
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not believe keybindings are account wide so your other character could work while your new one does not. Go into your Control Settings under Combat and make sure the Weapon Swap has a key bound to it. If it doesn't have a key assigned assign one. If it does have a key assigned try reassigning it to a different key to see if that works.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not believe keybindings are account wide so your other character could work while your new one does not. Go into your Control Settings under Combat and make sure the Weapon Swap has a key bound to it. If it doesn't have a key assigned assign one. If it does have a key assigned try reassigning it to a different key to see if that works.

That's correct.

Keybindings are not account-wide.
  • rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    I do not believe keybindings are account wide
    That's correct

Oh, really? That's a strange thing to do... I thought it's game settings, not char settings.
    Alright, I'll check it next time. Thanks!
  • rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it worked. Now I feel kinda stupid)) never thought that you should assing controls anew for every single char.
    Thanks a lot, everyone!
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good to hear its resolved. I know a lot of players don't like having to redefine keybinds for every character and to be honest I don't know why a player would want them to all be different.