Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Double AP Weekend Once A Month

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Would this be fun? It would certainly be an incentive for more people to come in and play. It could be say, the third weekend of every month, no extensions or compensations pleas if you miss it, just a bit of extra fun and an on-going reason for new players to jump into PvP. I don’t think it would throw anything out of wack.

Double AP Weekend Once A Month 55 votes

Yes!
52%
SolarikenPinesyIdinuseEnkilAmphithoe JulesmemofinMaster_Kasa_salty_pirateKram8ionVapirkoPrince_of_all_PugsJierdanitExtinct_Solo_Playerseibi_92MinyassaLady_Scorp72d3adpainUnified_GamingCatastrophicSuccess 29 votes
No
40%
fastolfv_ESOAektannDelsskiaNutshotzTommy83Sanct16JamilaRajMerlightEirellaRin_SenyaneowonBIackHandSteelshivbarshemmNBrookusSnowZeniaimenacezyk_CrowMorgul667 22 votes
Obligatory Other
7%
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESOidkredspecter23vickicass 4 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be cool and I'll rarely say no to more AP to spend on siege weapons, but with 2 Midyear Mayhems now, ZOS has to be looking at some AP inflation in terms of its value as currency.

Now, if we really want to incentivize people to play and stay in Cryodiil, I reckon that fixing the lag and persistent performance issues ought to do the trick...
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    It might be cool and I'll rarely say no to more AP to spend on siege weapons, but with 2 Midyear Mayhems now, ZOS has to be looking at some AP inflation in terms of its value as currency.

Now, if we really want to incentivize people to play and stay in Cryodiil, I reckon that fixing the lag and persistent performance issues ought to do the trick...

Yes, well, I’m trying to be positive aside, lag aside. It does seem like they’re going to make some efforts to fix stuff this year so, and they’ve been more vocal about it than past years even if that doesn’t mean a whole lot.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I chose no, cause during that time of the game, there are major lags, disconnexion, huge queue, cannot play easily with friends, some pvp-players even avoid cyrodill during pvp events.

Ok you can switch campaign but that would mess campaigns scoring and leaderboards
    So youd have to choose to go on another campaign with your friends (provided they could get in the same one) or queue on your campaign for scoring

Double AP is fun but the mess that comes along with it, is not

Edited by Morgul667 on February 9, 2019 4:47AM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should double the ap of whatever alliance has lowest pop at that time
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Heimpai wrote: »
    They should double the ap of whatever alliance has lowest pop at that time

That would be a bit much I think.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I chose no, cause during that time of the game, there are major lags, disconnexion, huge queue, cannot play easily with friends, some pvp-players even avoid cyrodill during pvp events.

Ok you can switch campaign but that would mess campaigns scoring and leaderboards
    So youd have to choose to go on another campaign with your friends (provided they could get in the same one) or queue on your campaign for scoring

Yes that’s always a concern, however, these weekends would not be offering event tickets or rewards boxes, just the AP. So it wouldn’t draw anywhere near as many people. It just might help tip the scales if someone was looking for a reason to try PvP. I also still think that ways to earn Money for PvPers is a bit on the low side and having a slightly increased AP gain regularly would be a good thing.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other
    I think server performance in Cyrodiil needs to be greatly improved before even considering such a think ever month.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pvp event yes, AP event maybe not

rip decibel
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Draxys wrote: »
    Pvp event yes, AP event maybe not

Why do you say not AP?
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Extra AP events work only as long as they are rare, i.e. as long as they generate threat to players that they will miss out, and players knowing there would be another event next month would not feel particularly threatened.

Also, instead of coercing players who are obviously not interested in PvP into doing it anyway through underhanded Skinner-style methods, ZOS should focus making PvP fun, but I get it, it is easier to just double REWARDS and on surface it may seem as though it made PvP twice the fun.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    How can you be a pvper and be against this. Obviously yes.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    AP is already ridiculously inflated.

PvP event once a month without double AP? That sounds fun.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last mid year mayhem definitely shows that if incentivized properly people will come to Cyrodiil. I'm not sure if it was the indrik mount or the AP or whatever, but people responded to the incentive. I think it would be great if certain incentives were introduced to bring more people in on a more frequent basis, but as stated above if you saturate it then people don't respond the same way. If there were unique appearance items, motifs, furniture sets, mounts etc. that were only given access to once a year that might be a start. 12 such items active for 10 days of a 30 day campaign so that each was available once a year could bring more people into Cyrodiil to obtain these things.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    The last mid year mayhem definitely shows that if incentivized properly people will come to Cyrodiil.

Every mayhem even has been very successful, However, that does not mean it will equate to the same success if done frequently as is the case with pretty much any event in a game over time. Even more so with the decrease in server performance with the heavier load.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    honestly i think things like ap gains should never be adjusted from launch, right now an empty keep already nets 7k ap and resources 1500 why boost it even higher?
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Double AP events just make the lag even worse.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Yes that’s always a concern, however, these weekends would not be offering event tickets or rewards boxes, just the AP. So it wouldn’t draw anywhere near as many people. It just might help tip the scales if someone was looking for a reason to try PvP. I also still think that ways to earn Money for PvPers is a bit on the low side and having a slightly increased AP gain regularly would be a good thing.

It would be fun if working properly but i doubt zos can pull it off

If it was out of campaign time or if there was some kind of priority queue for people who did more than x aps prior to the weekend so they can keep playing their campaign why not

But the queue think would be polemic xD
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 10, 2019 1:37AM