Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Thoughts on those crash/disconnects in PvP when large battles going nearby - network-related issues?

RMerlin
RMerlin
✭✭✭✭
As I was getting disconnected once again tonight as soon one large raid came to defend our keep that was under assault by a large raid, I was (as always) unable to connect back for 5-10 minutes, being told each time to "check your Internet connection" when trying to log my character back into Cyrodiil, indicating that either the route is no longer letting me reach the actual zone server, or the zone server itself is refusing connections (note that the username/password login DOES succeed, the issue is only when trying to log the character back into the zone).

Is it possible that these disconnects + being unable to connect back for an extended period of time are caused by some DoS/flood protection within ZOS's network? It almost always happens when you are near a keep that is under assault by a very large number of players, meaning there's probably a lot of network traffic occuring in bursts. Is this something ZOS has actually investigated in all these years they've been trying (and failing) to address the major performance issues that mostly occur during very large scale battles in Cyrodiil?

Just some thoughts from someone who actually works in IT, and whose work involves server management and networking.

• RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing: when it happens, guild chat is still working fine, but zone chat and in-game interactions aren't. Are guild chat servers separated (network-wise) from the rest? That would indicate that the client itself is not crashed.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are on the PC-EU servers, we are aware of ongoing connection issues affecting that server as posted here.

We have posted a listed of troubleshooting steps for disconnection issues which you can find here that can help improve your connection. If none of these steps help with your disconnections, you can contact customer support for additional assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. Nevermind.
    Edited by RMerlin on February 10, 2019 8:21AM
    Options