Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Making a single character that works well in PvE and PvP environment.

DCA_1981
DCA_1981
I need some help. I'm trying to make a single character that can function really well in a PvE & PvP in the environment. I like running with heavy armor. I like writing with dual swords. And above for long-range attacks. I think the main problems I'm having trouble with is setting up my skills line and my champion wheel.

Right now I am running with a Imperial, Dragon Knight, on the PS4.

I really appreciate some guidance. And I'm willing to the group up.
PSN: DCA-1981
Guild: The Phoenix Decry
Guild Website: https://phoenixdecry.enjin.com/
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE and PVP have different types of builds, but you can build your character to function decently in both as long as you are willing to change around gear, skills, and possibly CP.

For PVP, a heavy armor/Dual build focusing on bleeds or burst damage can be very effective. Or simply find an online build that looks interesting. Alcast usually has good ones for PVP and PVE, like this PVP build:
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-pvp-build2/

For PVE, if you want to DPS, you'll want medium armor, a bow, and dual wield.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are going to get stuck with needing crit resist for PvP where it is completely worthless in PvE. I like around 3k at least. Thats almost all impen and definitely a good chunk of CP. invested.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution: optimise cp for pve and play non cp pvp

Simple and quite fun

Then you need 2 sets one for pve and for pvp but this is easy to manage
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVE you can go with alcast builds they are quite good

alcasthq.com

For PVP you need impenetrable x4 or 5 and sets for regen then play the game and learn step by step there is no magic recipe for pvp

You need to adapt and learn what is right for you
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One CHARACTER can certainly function very well in both.

A BUILD that is great for PvP can be OK in PvE too. But there's no way it can be optimal.

As for your heavy armor fondness -- do you really have to wear it, or would you be OK just having a costume or outfit that looked as if you were wearing heavy?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will need different armor sets, that’s a given. And in PvE you do want medium. One build will be impen and the other divines, there’s no getting around that really. But other than that it can totally work just play noCP campaigns or BGs. For PvE you’ll go DW frontbar and bow backbar and for PvP DW front bar and 2H backbar for forward momentum. This would be the most minimal amount of change. Both builds can use rending slashes, steel tornado, poison claw and/or noxious breath, volatile armor. Petrify will be your CC in PvP. You need a decent magicka pool in PvP. Leap will be your ultimate in PvP and flawless dawnbreaker will be your ultimate in PvE (assume you want to run endgame PvE and do decent DPS, if not then it doesn’t matter as much). You can find builds anywhere. Hundings and Briarheart is easy to get for PvE, for PvP it’s really dealers choice. Fury, 7th, Hundings, Bone Pirates Tatters, Shacklebreaker, Hulking Draugr and so on for PvP.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both my stamblade and magblade do both just fine, I’d wager stamden could too