The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Current best DPS class

joseayalac
joseayalac
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello guys, I've been playing the game since launch but I've always been committed to PVP. Never bothered to raise my PVE DPS.

So I want to ask your thoughts about which is the strongest DPS class right now for PVE. I'm mostly concerned about vDSA, vMA, and v DLC dungeons.

Also which would be the strongest class for a fairly unexerienced pve player that has all CP and already cleared all base game vet dungeons. (Which class is the strongest while also being easy to play, because I've heard that Stamblade is very difficult to play correctly).

I'm currently thinking about Sorc, either mag or stam.

Any thoughts?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is not top tier currently. He might be after changes go in. But sorc is definitely one with a lot of survivability towards pve content. NB are top tier for their self buff and execute arsenal. With every class, it is possible to do all of the things you have mentioned.
  • royo
    royo
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar is probably the strongest easy to play class.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless you're one of those who can crank out 50-60k dps while taking a nap, mastering your finger gnarling, button mashing, animation canceling, LA weaving rotation is far more important than class.

That being said, though it's not THE best, I main a MagSorc and run vet content just fine with it.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagBlade is probably the best if you're looking for top-tier damage and survivability, and it has a pretty good ranged execute.

I still like my MagSorc though for vDLC HM content. You can pump out some good damage, you can survive almost anything without a healer besides 1-shot mechanics, and you have one of the best crowd control ultimates with Negate (so useful in No-death runs and certain HM challenges).

StamBlades have some of the highest DPS capabilities, but their survivability takes a hit with how close you need to be to the action in comparison to ranged characters.

It's all a trade-off, but regardless of the class you play you can beat any of the HM content in this game...just requires some skill, knowledge of how to play your class, and some communication with teammates.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best nightblade either stam or mag
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • FatelessLava
    FatelessLava
    ✭✭✭
    For magic it’s between nightblade and Templar for Stam it’s between nightblade and warden.
    However,
    In the hands of a good person a class can achieve good dps. My magblade, because I was just plain bad at keeping all their buffs and weaving up, I never got higher than 35k. On my Templar I’m getting around 45k. Same thing with my warden for Stam. I get around 34k with her and 45 with my dragonknight and close to 40k on stamplar.

Templar has an easy rotation and with next patch khajiit are looking like a strong race for them. So id suggest them. They have good survival.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka:

1a. Nightblade
    1b. Templar
    3. Dragonknight
    4. Sorcerer
    5. Warden
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka:

1a. Nightblade
    1b. Templar
    3. Dragonknight
    4. Sorcerer
    5. Warden

Pretty much this though more accurately

Nightblade

Templar

DK

Sorc
    Warden
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best stamina? Nightblade.
    Best magicka? Nightblade.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades, both mag and stam have incredible single target dps

Then I feel like the rest of the classes are pretty similar in dps, all behind the nightblades
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are sorcs so bad this patch? I remember a couple of patches ago they were the supreme rulers of mag dps.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Develop a wider variety of DPS charactersa (mag and stam, ranged and melee) so that you can fit with whatever a potential group needs.

Ultimately, ESO DPS is a numbers game, and if you have the DPS numbers, a class discussion is not necessary.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."