Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help! I'm squishy! CP 196 STAM NIGHTBLADE DPS - What should I focus on build wise for PVP

bruceleroy98
bruceleroy98
✭✭
I've seen so many different references but not many starter success suggestions, but more or less CP 810 specs. I'm nowhere near that so what would you suggest for successful combat in PvP for a Stam Nightblade DPS such as myself?

Any and all suggestions welcome!!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you playing in Sotha/noCP/BGs? or in a CP campaign?

If you are in a noCP environment, there isn't any statistical difference between you and a CP 810 character--those builds will work fine, once you catch up in terms of experience to use them to their full potential.

If you are playing in a CP environment....it's going to be rough. You may need to accept the fact that you are going to be ubersquishy until you get a few hundred more CP, or spec as a full tank.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • bruceleroy98
    bruceleroy98
    ✭✭
    I've been working BGs but I still for some reason get zapped in less than 30 seconds when I fight one on one with anyone. How can I extend my survivability rate?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least in BGs you can't blame CP--y'all are equal in that regard!

If you are using all damage sets, getting zapped in 30 seconds isn't bad--but if you want a more balanced/survivable setup, you could always do something like:

5x Fortified Brass
    5x Bone Pirate
    2x Monster set of choice, or mismatched monster set. Bloodspawn or Troll king to get tankier, a damage set if you want some proc damage, or mismatched sets if you just want stats (1 Domihaus, 1 Pirate Skeleton is decent, for example).

That's going to be lower damage than a lot of builds you see, but with higher resistances. make sure everything is purple quality, and ideally gold (at least gold weapons) once you know try it out and see if you like it.

In general, though, if oyu are 196 CP, you just don't have that much playtime in at vet PvP levels. A big part of getting whupped in 1v1s is just experience.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone pirates/spriggans or shackle/spriggans and troll king

At your lvl you just need more experience, while what i suggested isn’t tanky but TK helps with that a bit..

Now if you want to be a brawler blade then I’d go Fortified Brass/BP and tk or bs as mentioned by deadly
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been working BGs but I still for some reason get zapped in less than 30 seconds when I fight one on one with anyone. How can I extend my survivability rate?

Not exactly a useful comment from me, but I can barely play nightblade simply because I find them the hardest class to stay alive on, PVP or PVE. Any other class is easier.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn helps a lot but you must accept the fact that you mostly fight ppl with 30-35k health,u got what?23k top?
    stay away-use bow-poison injection,snipe whatever and always make sure you dont get out of stealth,stay close to guards and always have a panic button-vamp 3 sec disappearance is a must
    dont engage in fights with organized groups,they usually run with 1-2 healers and they surround -and kill you in no time
    wait for ppl who siege or go for a resource or when trying capture a keep,these are their week spots
    you must kill your opponent very quick,if not they proly counter or his hidden friend will come for help
    good luck
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
    This one hears nothing. Sees nothing. This one only sweeps.
    desperately need a survey assistant
  • bruceleroy98
    bruceleroy98
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone good advice. Do I have to be a vamp though?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone good advice. Do I have to be a vamp though?

No, vamp or no vamp is very personal preference. Unless you are using any of the active vamp skills, I'd honestly recommend not being vamp in noCP.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1. Do BGs and/or non-CP Cyro.

There is no reason to play in CP PVP. Even lots of us who have high/810 CP dont play in CP pvp because it *** with the balance so much. Non-CP is a lot more down to earth.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade