Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tanks in Pvp

XNativexPrideX
Now I know this is a touchy subject.
My thoughts on the new tank metas rolling through Cyrodiil in zergs. People don't like zergs in general. I myself run solo a huge portion of the time. But I'm much rather deal with zergs than tank zergs.
I believe it's killing pvp along with the chaotic lag. I agree with a comment I read on a different post. "if the lag wasn't a huge problem like now, we'd have less tanks!"
That is true! But unfortunately as of now it's seems tanks are dominate. (PS4 NA)
I believe that the tank metas will never go away now.
I recently seen this video
https://youtu.be/lpYuEg33JrA
It's a new meta build from PTS.
50k+ resistances with a fair amount of damage and sustain.
What's the point of medium and light armor?
Now procs are what is another cause of tanks.
I believe both should be nerfed in pvp. Max resistances reduced the larger the group sizes. Mainly to counter tank zergs. Which are now a dominate force. Yes the battle are long lasting! And it just becomes a battle of attrition. Which is fine, I guess. But it's boring.. When cyrodiil first came out metas weren't big and people would go out and face roll. Die. And respawn and face roll back into the fights.
That was fun.
Now no one wants to die and the tank metas provide people with survivability and make them feel like they are legit pvp gods.
Now this is only my opinion. Which I know some people will tell me to shove it up my arse.
But what do you dislike most, Procs or tank metas? Why do you think people want to run tank metas? And lastly, what do you think of this new meta from YouTube?

Edited by XNativexPrideX on February 8, 2019 1:25PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you die in PVP, you die in real life, right?

More seriously, the stronger proc sets and other means of killing players get, the tankier players who dont want to die are going to get. Its the Cyrodiil arms race,

With the recent changes to speed and snare cleansing, I'm not surprised to see many players go "Well, if I'm going to be stuck in combat, slowed, and unable to escape, I'd better be able to survive as long as I can."
  • XNativexPrideX
    When you die in PVP, you die in real life, right?

More seriously, the stronger proc sets and other means of killing players get, the tankier players who dont want to die are going to get. Its the Cyrodiil arms race,

With the recent changes to speed and snare cleansing, I'm not surprised to see many players go "Well, if I'm going to be stuck in combat, slowed, and unable to escape, I'd better be able to survive as long as I can."

True enough! I don't mind tanks. But I do mind the massive tank zergs. The one solo tank in open world is fine by me. Build up my ulti and ride off. But lately on DC side on PS4 NA. They'll roll up with easily 60+ with a vast majority being tanks and healbots. That's the turn off for me. Yes I understand there are counters. But when you have 30+ healbots fairly spread. Not very many people die. Makes it tough when defending or taking keeps.
    Procs are pretty bad too. I remember when it was horrid with viper, selenes, red mountain. That was a nightmare!
    As I said.. I don't mind tanks. Just tank zergs, meta tank zergs with healbots everywhere. DC on PS4 NA is good at having healers and tanks for days!
    I am sure the other alliances have a fair amount too. But I have witnessed the grandeur of a DC healbot zerg with flappy wing tanks! Haha
    Edited by XNativexPrideX on February 8, 2019 1:22PM