The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Making stable masters relevant to maxed mount characters

frostyhobo47
frostyhobo47
Soul Shriven
So currently it takes 180 days to fully max a character's mount stats. Now having multiple characters this simply requires changing every character and buying a mount upgrade where loading screens can make a series increase in time, plus every day you forget to upgrade a specific character's mount the 180 days just gets delayed even more. On top of all this once you've maxed out a character's mount the stable master NPCs become pointless.

So what I would like to suggest is for each mount stat on each character that is maxed, those character can now buy a training lesson to use on one of your other characters mount stats.
For example: you have 5 characters, 2 have fully maxed mounts in all stats one has a maxed out speed stat and the other two are new and have no mount stat increases, so if my system were implemented you would be able to get any one stat increase from the first two characters and be able to get a speed stat increase from the third, then transfer these through the bank to your other characters so that they can increase their mount stats slightly faster.

The reason I think this would be a nice quality of life change is b/c leveling mount stats aren't fun and just annoying when you start a new character, the speed that a maxed mount goes compared to a normal mount is ridiculous which saves on travel time for.... I don't know REPEATING THE MAIN STORY 8+ TIMES... or something of the sort that comes with starting a new character.

Minor repetitive tasks should be made successively easier the more you do it based on the account.

an unrelated but nice QoL would also be to let alts ignore the base game campaign(+ Cod silver and Cod Gold b/c those are still the same quest line) or skip it if not just to not have it in the quest log. For the love of god doing EVERY zone quest on EVERY character is not fun at all, just let us have the skill points (not even xp) and skip the vanilla campaign once we've completed Codwell's gold on another character. I don't know anyone who creates an alt to do the vanilla story again.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One problem. Crown store training. Once you realize that is available it become clear Zos is not going to add a means to instant train a mount by other means.

As for Silver and Gold do not know what your issue is . They are not needed unless you want the skill points and even then you do not have to do every zone quest to complete it.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mount system is one of the biggest scams in the game and absolutely hostile towards new players. Any change to make it more user friendly would be welcome.

Sadly it´s there to make ZO$ some money.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPs idea is good. We should have that.