Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help me pick a Race please!

Zhoyzu
Zhoyzu
✭✭✭✭✭
So id make a poll if i knew how, but im looking to make a Stam based character and i dont quite know which race would be ideal for me.

Id like to have the character be a werewolf and that be the center point. I also end up in the tank position for most PvE content, which is fine with me if not preferred.
Ive kinda boiled the choices down to
-Imperial
-Orsimer
-Bosmer
-Redguard

Im also looking to make the decision based on the upcoming changes rather than what they currently are. For someone who PvPs alot the imperial and orc races look best for pvp and pve tanking. But ive little experience with stamina classes or builds.

Thanks for helpful input!
Edited by Zhoyzu on February 7, 2019 5:57AM
Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

Best Answer

• commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    In werevolf form raw stats matter, so the more max stamina you have the better (Imperial, Redguard)
    If you want to tank in PvE you want some kind of bonuses for tanking and some bonus HP (Imperial)
    But for PvE DPS Orc and Redguard would obviously be the best.

So in other words if you want to tank in PvE and stam DD or Werewolf in PvP then pick Imperial. I have just the same playstyle and also picked Imperial
    Rawr
    Answer ✓
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    In werevolf form raw stats matter, so the more max stamina you have the better (Imperial, Redguard)
    If you want to tank in PvE you want some kind of bonuses for tanking and some bonus HP (Imperial)
    But for PvE DPS Orc and Redguard would obviously be the best.

So in other words if you want to tank in PvE and stam DD or Werewolf in PvP then pick Imperial. I have just the same playstyle and also picked Imperial

Thanks @commdt , that was very insightful tbh. Which class did you choose to roll with your WW+imperial? i was thinking maybe going warden but DK seems like an ok option too.
    Edited by Zhoyzu on February 7, 2019 6:38AM
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

• commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im a DK myself and honestly I didnt play werewolf recently, I use classic DK builds (Sword and shield main bar, damage weapon back bar), but in werewolf it was always about stacking max stamina, like with Hulking draugr, because "and your Max Stamina is increased by 30%", so Redguard and Imperial will shine.
    And these classes in this case are equal in general.
    For tanks almost all their skills are analogues and both are equally welcome in top PvE raids.
    In PvP the main difference is that DK should definitely go with Sword and shield one bar because of its class passives and good stamina return in permablocking, while Warden not neccessary so, but also can use sword and shield.
    Not sure which one of them will be better as werewolf, but id say pick what you like and youll be fine
    Edited by commdt on February 7, 2019 6:51AM
    Rawr
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d wait until this patch is released. We have no idea where the races are going to end up, there’s still a lot of upheaval.
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im a DK myself and honestly I didnt play werewolf recently, I use classic DK builds (Sword and shield main bar, damage weapon back bar), but in werewolf it was always about stacking max stamina, like with Hulking draugr, because "and your Max Stamina is increased by 30%", so Redguard and Imperial will shine.
    And these classes in this case are equal in general.
    For tanks almost all their skills are analogues and both are equally welcome in top PvE raids.
    In PvP the main difference is that DK should definitely go with Sword and shield one bar because of its class passives and good stamina return in permablocking, while Warden not neccessary so, but also can use sword and shield.
    Not sure which one of them will be better as werewolf, but id say pick what you like and youll be fine

ah snap i totally forgot about that DK passive
    I ended up going warden because its new for me so why not lol

• Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SNIP
    @commdt i just wanted to thank you for your input and assistance. Thanks. GL HF out there mate!

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguards are always a solid choice.

Orcs are overturned on the PTS atm, and may just be brought more in line or may see larger reworks we dont know.

Imperials are in a bad spot, with passives that benefit only tanking and other passives that just dont feel that impactful, expect them to change but also ZOS dont seem to be able to come up with good passives for imperials in general.

Bosmer have plenty of stamina and stamina generation, similar to redguard, the key difference is the bosmer focus on stealth. On the PTS atm there is a bit of a debate around the bosmer roll passives or utility passives in general. At the moment they get movespeed (10%) and penetration for a short time after a roll. Good for PVP but may change based on community feedback.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of these 4 races Id pick Orc