The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Will there be changes to magblade in Wrathstone?

Apxac
Apxac
✭✭✭
Good day ZOS, I've been playing magical Night Blade for quite some time and I like pvp in this game, only I realize that with the latest updates my class has died. It is almost useless without cloak it is weaker than sorcerer. Oblivion damage, master duals, bleed and DoT builds leave no magical NB chance, let alone the wings of a dragon knight who laughs at the sight of you, there's nothing you can do to him, it's very sad :( . You can see a lot of examples of a good game for this class, but these people are killing players whose level of play is simply lower.

Magblade`s builds are now fully dependent on sets of crutches: Earthgore, Caluurion Legacy, Hist Sap, BRP Resto. Even the new Curs Eater was best combined with magika NB (but you made it garbage again).
But why should we use these sets for normal play?

I have specific suggestions for improving the class without real balance damage. Playing for this class requires a really high skill, because our only damage is our bow.

In total I would like to see 3 changes that, in my opinion, will make magbleid more viable:

1. Healing - in combat against opponents with a lot of Dot damage and oblivion damage, we have virtually no chance, because our shields do not save, and the dark Cloak morph restores health is not enough. My proposal:

Swallow Soul
Steel an enemy's life force, dealing 742 Magic Damage and healing you for 260 every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.

2. Burst-sorc deals much more damage to the enemy with its crystal, which is charged almost always and has an initial damage of 1434 (1195+20%) magic damage. We also need a very long time to charge our bow (about 10 seconds in pvp) and it has an initial damage of 1721 (1594 + 8%) magic damage. The difference in damage is only 20%, but the difference in triggering is from 200 to 300 % (3 sec vs 6-9 sec). My proposal:

Morph Merciless Resolve
Build up deadly momentum to gain Minor Berserk, increasing your damage done by 8% for 20 seconds.
While active, hitting an enemy with 3 Light or Heavy Attacks changes this ability into Assassin's Will, allowing you to fire a single shot from a spectral bow at an enemy to deal 1594 Magic Damage.

3. DK and null damage - I am absolutely sure that it is necessary to remove the possibility of DK to reflect a Small soul, even if all other abilities and light attacks do not work, but we can at least heal, fighting with this enemy and cause at least some damage.

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_GinaBruno

Sorry, not the theme, moderator, please move this post into the category of PTS.

@ZOS_MikaS
Edited by Apxac on February 7, 2019 3:54PM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea as much as I like playing nb those changes would be op. As for countering dks, you have force pulse and concealed weapon to hit through wings or you can always just run away and avoid fighting them.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah we are a little on struggle street atm...

Removing Minor Vitality on slot from Swallow Soul was a bit heavy handed IMO...

By far the biggest gripe with this class is the damn Merciless Bow proc not firing.... it's amazing when it fires and hits.. but Jesus Christ in a hand basket... I don't know if it's a ping thing (300-400 in combat) but it's the worlds biggest f**k around to get it to fire most of the time..

Rebuff animation (sometimes multiple times) when reticle is on the enemy, a full stack and clearly time left on the current buff and then finally fires on 2nd or 3rd try.
    Even worse just eats the stack and does rebuff animation, but nothing fired.

Against some classes like templars and DKs, magblades have a tiny window of opportunity to drop our burst combo... ain't nobody got time to f**k about for 2-3 seconds for it to maybe pop off or get eaten.

Those 2 classes in particular will be back at full health and you either are out or resources and get a free trip to the respawn, start the 5 minute dance again to set up another burst opportunity, or just give up and cloak out of there, leaving them thinking they were just too good for you.

My PvE sorc has no issues firing her frag proc, why is this merciless bow such an issue?
    Edited by Undefwun on February 6, 2019 11:28PM
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They ruined bow when they added this stupid delay, especially when target is in 5m from you and still it takes time to reach destination.
  • Chubarov_S
    Chubarov_S
    ✭✭✭
    Yea as much as I like playing nb those changes would be op. As for countering dks, you have force pulse and concealed weapon to hit through wings or you can always just run away and avoid fighting them.

The meaning of pvp is to kill another player, and not run away from him. You can not go to cyrodiil, and then there will be no problems.
    Theorycrafter manaNB
  • Apxac
    Apxac
    ✭✭✭
    Undefwun wrote: »
    yeah we are a little on struggle street atm...

Removing Minor Vitality on slot from Swallow Soul was a bit heavy handed IMO...

By far the biggest gripe with this class is the damn Merciless Bow proc not firing.... it's amazing when it fires and hits.. but Jesus Christ in a hand basket... I don't know if it's a ping thing (300-400 in combat) but it's the worlds biggest f**k around to get it to fire most of the time..

Rebuff animation (sometimes multiple times) when reticle is on the enemy, a full stack and clearly time left on the current buff and then finally fires on 2nd or 3rd try.
    Even worse just eats the stack and does rebuff animation, but nothing fired.

Against some classes like templars and DKs, magblades have a tiny window of opportunity to drop our burst combo... ain't nobody got time to f**k about for 2-3 seconds for it to maybe pop off or get eaten.

Those 2 classes in particular will be back at full health and you either are out or resources and get a free trip to the respawn, start the 5 minute dance again to set up another burst opportunity, or just give up and cloak out of there, leaving them thinking they were just too good for you.

My PvE sorc has no issues firing her frag proc, why is this merciless bow such an issue?

I do not understand why because of past benefits to PvE content, my character has to suffer now pvp. The update brought only the nerf of the class without changes to the mechanic, just removed the opportunity to heal, besides completely spoiled the bow, which is already very difficult to type .. Invisibility is fine, but recent changes dictate only the gameplay with its use. Either you are trying to attack on the sly, or you die, why then add a cloak morph to healing at all?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The class heal is a joke. People already bash on these %hp heals that are back one shot burst. Now let's make it a *** 3s hot you need to spam with healing ward to make work. Or maybe you can use srmor master and light atleast then you can spam it more. And who needs damage when every fight yoy just spend reapplying *** hots.
  • Apxac
    Apxac
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    The class heal is a joke. People already bash on these %hp heals that are back one shot burst. Now let's make it a *** 3s hot you need to spam with healing ward to make work. Or maybe you can use srmor master and light atleast then you can spam it more. And who needs damage when every fight yoy just spend reapplying *** hots.

However, the class simply does not heal, it has nothing, it is advised to use a Force pulse, but then what? In addition, DK, we can’t do anything, but Concealed weapon and Force pulse is just a joke, who is using it in a normal fight now? Of course, the stamina classes feel great now, because it is enough to use the master DW + Sload and some other set with dot`s or gain dot`s power + oblivion damage and “dance” around you until you die, remembering to put a major defile through the S&B ...
    Edited by Apxac on February 7, 2019 6:38PM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chubarov_S wrote: »

The meaning of pvp is to kill another player, and not run away from him. You can not go to cyrodiil, and then there will be no problems.

You don't have to kill every enemy that you run into. What do you do when the troll tanks come around that are close to immortal?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On one hand, I think Magblade could use some tweaks.

On the other hand I'm afraid if ZOS tries to improve Magblade, they'll ruin everything I still love about it.

Conclusion: nothing to see here, ZOS.
  • Apxac
    Apxac
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

On the other hand I'm afraid if ZOS tries to improve Magblade, they'll ruin everything I still love about it.

Well, then why not just be perhaps the weakest class for pvp in this game...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In pvp, probably yea. In 10 out of a thousand matches I’ll do amazingly and go like 22-1 in a death match, but they’re few and far between. You need the right combination of teammates with weak opponents.

I’ve seen some make it work. Class doesn’t need a revamp, just a little buff. This is still a game where the player matters more than the class.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apxac wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »

Well, then why not just be perhaps the weakest class for pvp in this game...

Knowing ZOS, they will make a project out of adjusting Magblade which will change the fundamentals of the class like major reworks of cloak or shade in an unfortunate way. I think that is just as likely as a genuine improvement.
  • Apxac
    Apxac
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    In pvp, probably yea. In 10 out of a thousand matches I’ll do amazingly and go like 22-1 in a death match, but they’re few and far between. You need the right combination of teammates with weak opponents.

I’ve seen some make it work. Class doesn’t need a revamp, just a little buff. This is still a game where the player matters more than the class.

Why do I have to hide in fear in the Imperial City when I see a DK using wings? Why is it enough for opponents with dot-damage to use bleeding and oblivion damage and jump around, looking like I can do nothing? Why do I always have to hide? The developers do not leave me a choice, and if it is, then I am still weaker than the majority of opponents encountered on the way ...