The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nord proposal

• Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Nords look pretty damn good imo next patch. Maybe I'm missing something but 4k resis, 0.5s ulti/s and immunity to chilled vs 256 weapon damage, some sprint speed and 500 more stam. Seems pretty damn even to me.

Somebody didnt recived 4.3.2 memo.

Nope I'm referring to 4.3.2. I would rather go nord if I'm in heavy next patch vs orc.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Nords look pretty damn good imo next patch. Maybe I'm missing something but 4k resis, 0.5s ulti/s and immunity to chilled vs 256 weapon damage, some sprint speed and 500 more stam. Seems pretty damn even to me.

Somebody didnt recived 4.3.2 memo.

Nope I'm referring to 4.3.2. I would rather go nord if I'm in heavy next patch vs orc.

Yup I understood it later. Initially I was thinking You're talking about max stam of orc from 4.3.0 not stam difference between orc and nord as they're now. Corrected otiginal post.
    Edited by Juhasow on February 11, 2019 6:21AM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    I would like to see some attempt on the devs part to make them respectable damage dealers rather than being pigeon holed into only being tanks. As much as I love Nords I'm probably going to swap to Orc next update; they're just too good.

completely agree, and as stamDK PvP-er, I would love this...

...but we do have increased ulti already. i can imagine being able to spam Dawnbreakers or DK Leap would add to your DPS....

I just don't want to get too buffed and we'll get unnecessarily nerfed in the first week's patch because of all the carebears whining....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Hrolfkel
    Hrolfkel
    ✭✭
    Nords really don't need much more they work just fine as DPS I pull 30-35k DPS on my Nord mageblade, magsorc, and 35-40k on my nord stamblade, I find that most my DPS ends up lacking cause I mess up my rotation, but with the new ulti passive my Nord magblade will have fast up time for harvest souls increasing my overall DPS. tested on PTS and can hit 38-40k with him
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks fine to me in how it is. Still useful cross the board ulti regen, resistance, and good stat pools.
    Anymore for increase damage will be little too much for them. It’s not like every race needs to have everything for damage, stats, and resistance.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Massive resistances+ulti+resources? Why more buffs to nords?? Its more than enough

Nords are in a bad spot. They're literally only useful for tanking now. Why would I use a Nord over an Orc? Nords get 3690 resistance, 1500 stam, and 1000 health.

Orcs get 258 weapon damage, 2000 stam, and 1000 health.

As an Orc I could slot chuden + pirate skeleton, and have higher mitigation, and higher damage than I would if I were to slot veli + kena on my Nord.

Because orcs are ugly as sin
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Massive resistances+ulti+resources? Why more buffs to nords?? Its more than enough

Nords are in a bad spot. They're literally only useful for tanking now. Why would I use a Nord over an Orc? Nords get 3690 resistance, 1500 stam, and 1000 health.

Orcs get 258 weapon damage, 2000 stam, and 1000 health.

As an Orc I could slot chuden + pirate skeleton, and have higher mitigation, and higher damage than I would if I were to slot veli + kena on my Nord.

Because orcs are ugly as sin

Only viable argument against race changing to a Orc.
  • Hrolfkel
    Hrolfkel
    ✭✭

My Nord DPs can pull easy 46k on stam, as magic I can 42-43k and it does really well as a tank. I have no complaints with my Nords

• BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play much DPS, but I was considering making a Nord Stamblade, so I'll share one of the thoughts I had with you regarding the build. Perhaps you or your friends could use the nord ultimate passive to make a build designed to spam a cheap ultimate that does good damage (like ballista - bow ulti). Might allow you to make up for the deficiencies the nord has vs other races by having a high uptime on a decent damage ultimate. Throw on Blood Spawn, maybe even Dragon Guard, or the Werewolf set that gives you even more ultimate when you take a hit. Basically have your build designed to generate as much ultimate as possible so you have a high uptime on your damage ult. Make up for lower end damage through your rotation with a spammable ult? Not sure how it would come out parse wise, but at least on paper, it could be viable.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see some attempt on the devs part to make them respectable damage dealers rather than being pigeon holed into only being tanks. As much as I love Nords I'm probably going to swap to Orc next update; they're just too good.

My healer is a Nord, for no other reason than I started the game/eso life as a templar tank, and just kind of built him up to be a healer. Many people laugh, but for the class that is supposed to keep everyone ELSE alive, the extra damage resistance helps (I rarely die as a healer except to team wipe mechanics), the new Nord passive means I can spam more warhorns or "oh-CRAP!" heal ultimates, and with the way I've built my healer, sustain isn't an issue (Earthgore, Olorimes, Lich). I have around 2K base mag regen and have 38K magika total. Once I get a perfected Olorimes, I suspect that I'll be floating around 40K magika.

Have healed a ton of normal and vet content with 0 issues in spite of the fact that I'm not a meta race healer.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    I mean if you want to be a dps, be one of the other races. Nord is meant to be a tankier race....

You realize nord allows you to build more for dps than other races right? Dead dps don't dps, and nords have built in survival passives.

it doesn't matter how much dps you do if you die when something touches you. a tank cant always taunt every single add.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.