The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

tanks are getting nerfed. again.

zvavi
zvavi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have already made a discussion like this, when they announced one handed enchantments changes. A bit late on this one, but they are making the cost of time stop higher (8100). it was the a viable option to deal with the "bugs" in vFL for non DK tanks. and was super useful in a lot of pve situations, and now it will take 40% of my magicka pool when i am using it. PLEASE STOP NERFING PVE CAUSE OF PVP.

stop. beating. up. tanks.

source:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456997/class-reps-update-meeting-notes-jan-30-2019/p1
Edited by zvavi on February 5, 2019 11:08AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I agree the cost increase is insane, Only viable way is a little hyperbolic, you can use a bow and bombard just fine in the fight you are talking about, I have seen veteran tankplars do this.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 5, 2019 10:45AM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree the cost increase is insane, Only viable way is a little hyperbolic, you can use a bow and bombard just fine in the fight you are talking about, I have seen veteran tankplars do this.

Expecting tanks to use non-tank weapons for utility is just begging for wipes. If that's the advice you want to give tanks, don't be surprised the next time you have a tank dying on Seline or some other base game boss that hits a little harder than a wet noodle.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zero, i actually agreed with his opinion and edited my original post. tanks need to change to destrostaff/bow back bar anyway because of one handed enchants
    Edited by zvavi on February 5, 2019 11:10AM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    zero, i actually agreed with his opinion and edited my original post. tanks need to change to destrostaff/bow back bar anyway because of one handed enchants

This would only matter if the comment I made was for your benefit.

And destro staff doesn't have good CC options either, so NB and Templar tanks with actual tank weapons are screwed.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah they dont
    Get 2 staffs
    1shock or froststaff for bossfights with infused crusher
    1 froststaff for trash in charged

Just swap them between fights and you can still run snb frontbar

But have to agree that the timeatop nerf is way over the top for pve...this should have beend implemented differently imo
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 5, 2019 11:18AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »

Expecting tanks to use non-tank weapons for utility is just begging for wipes. If that's the advice you want to give tanks, don't be surprised the next time you have a tank dying on Seline or some other base game boss that hits a little harder than a wet noodle.

What makes a bow a nontank weapon? It clearly has value. Main hand weapon, no, but if you double bar s/b, you are unnecessarily limiting yourself.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i never said ditching the s/b frontbar(to saint)? xd

and frost destro staff will slow the bugs. if it is charged, will even snare them easily.

still, stop. beating. up. tanks. please.
    Edited by zvavi on February 5, 2019 11:22AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i never said ditching the s/b frontbar? xd

I never said you would.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i never said ditching the s/b frontbar? xd

I never said you would.

Jeah was mb, missunderstood it a bit ^^
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What makes a bow a nontank weapon? It clearly has value. Main hand weapon, no, but if you double bar s/b, you are unnecessarily limiting yourself.

Significant loss of defenses and lack of block cost reduction makes it not a tank weapon. If you switch to back bar for utility (chain or the aforementioned root), or even worse, both, while being attacked by the boss, you lose a lot of stam and take a lot of damage, which is likely to end up deadly.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero, a lot of end game tanks run lightening destro staff backbar. A_Re is a streamer that does, and she runs vet trials with the aim of no death runs.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero, a lot of end game tanks run lightening destro staff backbar. A_Re is a streamer that does, and she runs vet trials with the aim of no death runs.

That's not the kind of tank I'd be worried about when I do vet Selene's Web. If those ebon+alkosh+bloodspawn with a 5/1/1 setup "best geared" copy pasta tanks with 18k resist also start using bow because it's "the best", I'd be surprised if any vet dungeon with them gets completed at all.

Also, you don't often need CC in trials, usually the adds are immune to it anyways.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it sad though how they have to nerf PvE to "try" and balance PvP?
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have no idea where u seen best gear 18k resistances tank builds man :/
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have already made a discussion like this, when they announced one handed enchantments changes. A bit late on this one, but they are making the cost of time stop higher (8100). it was the a viable option to deal with the "bugs" in vFL for non DK tanks. and was super useful in a lot of pve situations, and now it will take 40% of my magicka pool when i am using it. PLEASE STOP NERFING PVE CAUSE OF PVP.

stop. beating. up. tanks.

source:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456997/class-reps-update-meeting-notes-jan-30-2019/p1

What about balance?

Getting higher enhancement value than 2h/Ice Staff is meaningful and justified?
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have no idea where u seen best gear 18k resistances tank builds man :/

Put on alkosh, with medium belt. Ebon on other body pieces+1 jewelry. Bloodspawn with 1 light piece. Enjoy wiping.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run ebon+torug's, and I got 33k resistances... And yes, everything purple, 5/1/1 setup so I have no idea how people reach 18k resists. They probably don't use ANY passives, and no major buffs. So ye. No idea where you seen 18k resistances.
    Edited by zvavi on February 6, 2019 8:29AM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run ebon+torug's, and I got 33k resistances... And yes, everything purple, 5/1/1 setup

Conveniently leaving out that you use Lord Warden as monster set, and that your physical resist is 6k lower than your spell resist, while you also dump a ton of CPs in resistances.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ye, u said bis sets didn't you. And I would even use reinforced/ nirnuorned traits if I wouldn't have reached resistance cap (3k difference)
    Edited by zvavi on February 6, 2019 8:33AM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ye, u said bis sets didn't you. And I would even use reinforced/ nirnuorned traits if I wouldn't have reached resistance cap (3k difference)

Bloodspawn is BiS if you make a proper buff bot. And not really meta then with reinforced gear... You're supposed to use infused/sturdy.
    Edited by ZeroXFF on February 6, 2019 8:38AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, you are "blaming" the sets. People don't know how to tank.
    All your comments are exaggerated. Even I put exactly the build you said, I won't wipe in vet dlc last boss because of it. Hm maybe. But not because of the sets.
    Edited by zvavi on February 6, 2019 8:36AM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, you are "blaming" the sets. People don't know how to tank.
    All your comments are exaggerated. Even I put exactly the build you said, I won't wipe in vet dlc last boss because of it. Hm maybe. But not because of the sets.

I'm not exaggerating, I actually met people like that, telling me they have "the best" tank gear and after looking at the build saw that it's no surprise they get 1-shot by stuff that barely tickles me.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is blood spawn meta? For the extra ultimate to pump out warhorns?

I thought an important job of a tank is boosting the survivability of his group, which lord warden does better than any other monster set right?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lord warden is love.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not the kind of tank I'd be worried about when I do vet Selene's Web. If those ebon+alkosh+bloodspawn with a 5/1/1 setup "best geared" copy pasta tanks with 18k resist also start using bow because it's "the best", I'd be surprised if any vet dungeon with them gets completed at all.

Also, you don't often need CC in trials, usually the adds are immune to it anyways.

I run powerful assault+alkosh+lord warden 5medium/2heavy on 34k HP bosmer and yesterday farmed vSCP for guildie just fine.. resists are at cap when you are inside lordwarden's proc. I mean bow is of course risky but this is viable source of cc immobilization. For vet trials - it's not an option cause 12 people depend on your survival, but dungeons... For vet trial you will be required of dk or warden tank anyway.
    It's basically is not a problem of time stop, it's devs who think than NB and templars shouldn't be tanks.. there we steps in right direction when they added silver leash chain and health based heal to cloak.. but now it's worse and worse with each patch.