The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you're in a pre-made group in BG

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JackAshes wrote: »
    OP ever hear of bringing a knife to a gun fight? That is basically what your doing if you do not take advantage of your team you know..... in a team event?

There are always going to be 1v1 situations. If a player can't handle a 1v1 even in battlegrounds then what positive spin can I put on it? I understand declining to duel in open world. But running from a 1v1 in PVP is not a good look. At least recognize you're being carried by your team.

I think the difference here is between the "I'm here to Player vs Player fight" mentality and "I'm here to Play the Effing Objective" mentality.

The person who kites you back to their team, if they have the "Play the Effing Objective" mentality, isn't being carried. They played appropriately for the situation by refusing to fight on your terms and drawing you into a fight on their terms which better accomplished the objective.

Honestly, if I'm on a team, I prefer to work with people who can PTFO.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 6, 2019 1:58PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still run from a 1v1 in pvp, and if your pre-made team is leading the solos by at least 200 points then it's even worse. (just proves that you can't hack it on your own and have to hide behind your team)
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 6, 2019 2:05PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are very few reasons why you should continue to fight 1v1s instead of grouping in BGs. That guy actually has game sense and most likely made the right play. BGs are all about teamplay and group coordination.
  • WhipSmartMcoy
    WhipSmartMcoy
    ✭✭✭
    L is an L, no matter how you get it.
    W is a W, no matter how you earn it.

"aT LeaSt AcKnOwLeDGe YoU'rE teAM CArIeD yOU"
    Who discourages teamwork in a team battle?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, the next time I'm outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1, please be kind enough to let me regroup with my team before we continue the fight.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another point of hypocritical behavior to shine light on is that many of these players had ZERO hesitation to engage in the 1v1 in the first place, so to hell with the objective. It's only when they realize that they're going to lose that they suddenly remember "Oh yeah, this is a team battle and I have to remember the f'n objective".

But anyway, like I said, the next time I'm on BG and get separated from my group, don't gang up on me (if team play is really so important), let me run back to my team and then we'll continue with the fight.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First rule of small scale: Don’t overextend and don’t chase down one player leaving your group behind if the kill isn’t guaranteed.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only fight when you can win, basically? That sounds about right. I think this encapsulates the premade group's mentality well.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 6, 2019 2:50PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only fight when you can win, basically? That sounds about right. I think this encapsulates the premade group's mentality well.

It’s not about winning necessarily. It’s about being a good teammate and not trying to go Rambo on some player while your team is fighting somewhere else. It automatically puts them at a disadvantage and can lead to a group wipe. If it’s a deathmatch you should avoid dying, instead of giving up a free kill. When you decide to chase someone down don’t be surprised if it’s rewarded with death.

It’s not the mentality of a premade, it should be basic group fundamentals.

• jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    Get over yourself
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not about winning necessarily. It’s about being a good teammate and not trying to go Rambo on some player while your team is fighting somewhere else. It automatically puts them at a disadvantage and can lead to a group wipe. If it’s a deathmatch you should avoid dying, instead of giving up a free kill. When you decide to chase someone down don’t be surprised if it’s rewarded with death.

It’s not the mentality of a premade, it should be basic group fundamentals.

1v1 happens all the time in BG. If a player gotta run, he can do it, like I said. But just let him understand that he's being carried by his premade team. It's that simple.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhall03 wrote: »
    Get over yourself

The same goes for zerglings. If you think you're the sheet in a group but have to run from a 1v1, humble yourself.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are saying that you knowingly trying to chase them to their base where you will get slaughtered by their team in a 1v4? And who here should be ashamed of their PvP skills...
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    So you are saying that you knowingly trying to chase them to their base where you will get slaughtered by their team in a 1v4? And who here should be ashamed of their PvP skills...

I didn't say that I always did that. Ive done it a few times. And what does it matter when the premade is trouncing us by 300 points? You think I still care if I die at that point? Hell, by then one of my team mates has already left and not only are we getting stomped by the premade but we've only got 3 players on our team.
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, im gonna host a 4v4 gvg but as soon as we get into melee range were gonna stop and take turns 1v1’ing 😂
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if you stayed with your team the premades wouldn’t be beating you by so much.

There are 3 teams. You running off to chase a solo from team #2 is dooming the rest of your team to be a man down for a fight with team #3.

You are trying to rationalize getting outplayed and the posters are rightfully calling you out and trying to help you make better, more informed decisions.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    OP ever hear of bringing a knife to a gun fight? That is basically what your doing if you do not take advantage of your team you know..... in a team event?

There are always going to be 1v1 situations. If a player can't handle a 1v1 even in battlegrounds then what positive spin can I put on it? I understand declining to duel in open world. But running from a 1v1 in PVP is not a good look. At least recognize you're being carried by your team.

Ok I will bite. First off I would not make it about them but myself. How is this guy able to cross the entire map and get away from me?

Does my burst suck?
    Where is my gap closer?
    Where are my chains or silver leash?

If it bothered me that bad and it has I adapt. Put on my shield charge, Crit Rush or Chains and that sucker is going down! I play way to aggressive in BGs I will jump into a 1v 4 situation in a heart beat and if I take down 3 to my one death that is a win for me and my team. Yeah I have a lot of death but I am also usually top score on my team if not the entire BG. When you are not in a premade sometimes you can carry a team of solos.

When I jump into the 4 man and it’s a fail I will back off and play more team oriented. Just have to adapt to the situation.

Edited by JackAshes on February 6, 2019 4:54PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Maybe if you stayed with your team the premades wouldn’t be beating you by so much.

There are 3 teams. You running off to chase a solo from team #2 is dooming the rest of your team to be a man down for a fight with team #3.

You are trying to rationalize getting outplayed and the posters are rightfully calling you out and trying to help you make better, more informed decisions.

Na, I stick with my team usually. The only time I get separated is when I think they're behind me but they made a left when I took a right, or when I am getting targeted and I'm running away from every body focusing me cause I can heal, or we're already out of the fight because the premade is stomping everyone out.

To say that I just run off willy nilly any time I please is a wrong conclusion that you jumped to.

Like I said, if you're in a pre-made group and we end up in a 1v1, and you have to run away because you're getting smacked around STAY HUMBLE and acknowledge the fact that you are being carried by your team. BOTTOM LINE.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok I will bite. First off I would not make it about them but myself. How is this guy able to cross the entire map and get away from me?

Does my burst suck?
    Where is my gap closer?
    Where are my chains or silver leash?

If it bothered me that bad and it has I adapt. Put on my shield charge, Crit Rush or Chains and that sucker is going down! I play way to aggressive in BGs I will jump into a 1v 4 situation in a heart beat and if I take down 3 to my one death that is a win for me and my team. Yeah I have a lot of death but I am also usually top score on my team if not the entire BG. When you are not in a premade sometimes you can carry a team of solos.

When I jump into the 4 man and it’s a fail I will back off and play more team oriented. Just have to adapt to the situation.

Since I only have limited slots, sometimes I get caught without a knockdown attack. And Templars have poor mobility and no CC so it's not hard to out run me. But the point is that they had to run in the first place. Without their premade, they can't hack it and it becomes evident.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t we all just get along?
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

We have decided to close this thread as it is nothing more than members baiting and flaming one another. When creating posts/threads we ask that they be kept civil and constructive, as well as within the rules we have in place. If anyone may have any questions in regards to the rules, they can be viewed here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.