The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What race will you be using on your tank come next patch?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Will you keep same race or change it to something else?
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, one of my tanks (Virrick) I'm keeping a dunmer because RP derpy RP reasons, and my other tank (Sylvieh) I'm going to change to a nord cause you know, shes gotta be a BiS gurrl.

My argonian tanks will remain the same unless I decide to turn the NB into a stamblade or something silly.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be keeping an eye on the racial passives for Nord. If it goes live with the ulti gen passive I will be swapping my tanks to Nord.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial...

Really hoping next PTS notes bring some much needed good news
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Probably will stay imperial even without seeing the incoming changes (unless they are complete ass, but they can't be worse than they are).
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tremors wrote: »
    Probably will stay imperial even without seeing the incoming changes (unless they are complete ass, but they can't be worse than they are).

ZOS will find a way.
    Argonian forever
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will race change argonian to nord which is on my "working horse" tank. My favourite bosmer dk of course will remain the same race.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will keep my nord tank. It is only getting buffed :smile:
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will stay imperial.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton... Bretons got buffed. I have a ridiculous 1.2K mag regen and 7% spell cost reduction.

Unfortunately, my magicka goes above my stamina again which means I have to lose health to add more stamina to my character: s.

Also, I still can't use Lord Warden or Torags because I still slam into the resistances cap if I get chilled or shocked or whatever.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Breton... Bretons got buffed. I have a ridiculous 1.2K mag regen and 7% spell cost reduction.

Unfortunately, my magicka goes above my stamina again which means I have to lose health to add more stamina to my character: s.

Also, I still can't use Lord Warden or Torags because I still slam into the resistances cap if I get chilled or shocked or whatever.

Do you think the cost reduction is that beneficial to a tank? Cost reduction is really only great if you're casting a magicka ability every second.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will stay imperial because I dont min max when it comes to races... although I feel imperial racials are pretty weak. The new recovery red diamond racial seems undertuned compared to other recovery racials.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My MagDK tank will stay a Dunmer because she's my main and I can't see that changing.

However, I may have to finish up that Nord StamDK who's been languishing in level up purgatory for a year.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I will stay imperial because I dont min max when it comes to races... although I feel imperial racials are pretty weak. The new recovery red diamond racial seems undertuned compared to other recovery racials.

It's not too bad tbh. But I believe their max resources should be slightly higher. Even 1k magic.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    I have an Imperial, Nord and Argonian. If racial changes go live as is, I'll probably make the Nord my 'main' tank.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Staying Imperial, for sure. When Argonians were BiS I tanked just fine, and when Nords become BiS I'll tank just fine.
    Edited by Vermethys on February 5, 2019 10:39PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not race changing my tanks. One of them is Imperial, and I don't care if she's not BiS. Never have. The other one is already a nord, and has been for two years. Well, he started out as a hybrid sorc, then full magika DD sorc, and finally a year ago went tank sorc. I find this turn of events very interesting that they went in his favor. Obviously a sorc tank is not BiS, but he will be in a much better spot soon.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the same which is a Nord DK and Imperial Templar.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    used to be Orc, Will still be Orc. Keep in mind I don't do trials much, I just tank in vet dungeons and my tank builds are made to carry the worst kind of pugs.. but If I were serious about tanking in trials I would make a nord.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 6, 2019 3:23AM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could tell you... but the PTS has taken the week off. :D
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will not use any race for tanking. Have been doing tanking on pve to help people at queue to get a group and randoms who asked for help. Carried people through dungeons, so they could do quests there without having to run or skip dialogue. Runs with no hurry to enjoy the stories.

But now after the news from pts.. racial changes sold to us as "freedom" or "balance" while they are just nerfs to extreme builds, many of them change racial identity and/or go directly against the lore and are out of common sense.

If something is not broken, no need to fix it. And racials as they are now, were exactly that. Could have spend all that effort to fix things that actually ARE broken.

So that combined with the really bad server performance of right now + more nerfs and less choices for tanking (1H enchant nerf): no more tanking for me. Enough is enough.

Not gonna waste my time adapting, when there is less choices and less fun on what to adapt in a game that is on a server with the performance of a Casio pocket calculator.

• HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm maybe Bosmer
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer! That conditional stam regen will go nice with perma-block as it allows me to generate stamina even while blocking!
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer. :s
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    Altmer. :s

You the funny things is while I disagree with altmer changes it actually works out for me cause I wanted to tank/dps/heal with mine.
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    i will stay the same race as i didn't picked it as a factor and i like my main tank too much, i don't care if it is not the best combination.
    He is a Khajiit, i also got an Imperial but it's okay i can cope with the new racials and i got a Breton Tank
    We will adapt and get stronger :D
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord and Argonian.

Because I have a Nord tank and an Argonian tank, and I don't plan on changing any of them, no matter what.

I'll just change the Mundus stone for my Nord, from the Lady to the Tower. He needs that extra stamina and will be over the resist cap with the boost from his racial. As for the Argonian, no change needed with how I play him.

Take THAT, silly PvP-inspired "balance" patch !
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming back is under consideration at the moment.

(I have been a subscriber since Feb 2014, btw.)
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    erase
    Edited by ck37090 on February 8, 2019 1:46AM
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will probably keep my argonian on my sorc tank although tempted to revert her to a redguard. Unless anyone can convince me otherwise. I'll probably change my DK tank to something that is better for dps. Maybe also redguard.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run DK Khajiit tank. It works fine and will work fine. No need to change.