The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK Tank how do they heal themselves to well in Vet Boss fights?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Rolled a DK tank, level 43 now with about 630 CP. I usually run as DPS on my other toon and run a lot of vet PUG's and when a group wipes I've seen tanks just fight on and on healing themselves all the while being clobbered by tons of mobs plus the boss. I understand the resistant portion but how are they healing themselves so well?

If someone can list the actual process as in what spells they are using that would be helpful. I know it's some potions, but what spells? I'm only using the one spell that makes you invisible with your heart beating(i'm not at home so can't look) and the fire whip one that lays a dot and heals you for part of that dmg when done. I've 'looked up some posts but everyone is always using the acronyms and don't list the actual spells names and details. I'm totally new at tanking, never rolled on in any game until now.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by Veinblood1965 on February 4, 2019 3:09PM
  • VonSwaego
    VonSwaego
    ✭✭✭
    You’ve already listed the two I use. “ burning embers” is the dot that heals you, and “coagulating blood ( or green dragon blood depending on your morph choice) is the one that makes you kinda invisible. Using your shield “igneous shield” before using them will give you major mending for 3 seconds drastically upping there potency. There is also a morph of “ ash cloud” that puts a healing circle under you, never used it though.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plus the burning heart passive give healing received in the Draconic skill line you will need armour or dragon blood active (best two options as they last the longest) at the time to receive this when activating dragon blood again or any heal for that
    Edited by macsmooth on February 4, 2019 5:12PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vet's are not dealing that much damage (excluding dlc) i run a lot of them with 4 dd setups, and we are doing just fine. mobs deal a low amount of damage, and even a dd will have few seconds before he dies (unless he eats a heavy attack)

but ye, dk's have their self heal ability that heals them % of their missing health, with all the passives they have, if it crits, it heals them to full. even from 1%
    Edited by zvavi on February 4, 2019 5:33PM
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    Also battle roar passive ruturns resources based on ultimate cost, and if youre an argonian you have the resourceful passive.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks All. I'll see what I have set up when I get home. I am using the green dragon blood and burning embers I'll look at the others mentioned and toss those in as well.

It's a lot of fun tanking so far. Where my DPS toon hangs back my tank just plunges right in!
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on February 4, 2019 5:49PM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casting igneous shield and then dragon blood twice should be enough to fully heal you from any amount of hp.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, tanks have low magicka so burning embers is weak and also takes valuable slot.
    It's all green dragon blood plus crazy "healing received" bonus.
  • VonSwaego
    VonSwaego
    ✭✭✭
    Well, tanks have low magicka so burning embers is weak and also takes valuable slot.
    It's all green dragon blood plus crazy "healing received" bonus.

Yeah sorry, guess I should’ve pointed out that I run a magicka based DK tank. So embers is actually great for me. Wouldn’t recommend the build though, won’t be accepted in trails unless you have 11 friends that are okay with it.
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casting igneous shield and then dragon blood twice should be enough to fully heal you from any amount of hp.

What this person said. If there's no dedicated healer, you could also slot Blood Altar and use Earthgore.
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The best way for tanks to heal themselves is:
    Step 1) Igneous Shields for the Major Mending
    Step 2) Vigor for the HoT
    Step 3) Green Dragon Blood (use as many times as needed)
    Step 4) If you're about to run out of resources from the Green Dragon Bloods, then pop a tri-stat potion as it will heal you and give you back resources
    Step 4) If you're about to die or are out of resources again then pop an ulti (preferably Magma Shell as it will make you basically invincible which will give you time to rez the group)
    Step 5) Rinse and repeat

DK tanks can take a lot while still managing to self-heal/sustain themselves. It's just a matter of learning how to manage your resources while keeping your "heal rotation" going
    Edited by Suddwrath on February 4, 2019 6:59PM
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting because I main'd a sorc tank from launch, even got my first vmol clear way back when this way.

When I switched to DK tank it COMPLETELY opened my eyes as to why they are the best tanks, hands down.

Even patch, after patch, they continue to thrive. Green dragon blood is actually insane as a heal, it literally *** all over other heals and the fact that it stays active with minor vitality running (8% healing received) for 23 seconds + your burning heart passive of (12% healing received), just makes you so much easier to get healed up from daft little heals from group members such as funnel health, ritual, an orb floating by etc.

You can just igneous or fragmented shield, followed by a green dragon blood. You gain major mending + 20% healing received WITHOUT heavy armour healing received or blessed or quick recovery CP.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, I'm going as a balance between magika and stamina at least for now, seems I use both equally atm.
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    The best way for tanks to heal themselves is:
    Step 1) Igneous Shields for the Major Mending
    Step 2) Vigor for the HoT
    Step 3) Green Dragon Blood (use as many times as needed)
    Step 4) If you're about to run out of resources from the Green Dragon Bloods, then pop a tri-stat potion as it will heal you and give you back resources
    Step 4) If you're about to die or are out of resources again then pop an ulti (preferably Magma Shell as it will make you basically invincible which will give you time to rez the group)
    Step 5) Rinse and repeat

DK tanks can take a lot while still managing to self-heal/sustain themselves. It's just a matter of learning how to manage your resources while keeping your "heal rotation" going

Thanks this was really helpful, rotation included! I'm still learning rotations!