The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Physical and Magic Damage also have a status effect?

tunepunk
tunepunk
✭✭✭✭✭
Lately i played around with some builds oriented around the status effects, and I find them pretty fun and useful in some cases.

What bothers me though is that there are some damage types that doesn't have status effect, Like Physical and Magic damage.

The status effects currently in game.

Shock - Concussion (Minor vulnerability)
Flame - Burning (dot damage)
Frost - Chilled (minor maim)
Poison - Poisoned (dot damage)
Disease - Diseased (major defile)

How about adding some status effect for Physical and Magic damage as well?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make the charged trait a bit more of an interesting option.
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    I think physical damage should have chance to apply bleed.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a cool idea. I'm interested in checking back to see what people come up with for status effects.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll throw out ideas just for fun.

Physical:
    Minor Bleeding: small bleeding DoT, damage increases by X while moving. Damage while not moving would be very low, but increases to a above average DoT when moving.

Magic Damage:
    Minor Ethereal Confusion: moderate Magic damage whenever you activate a skill. Like a gentler version of Eclipse (since it would be "free" damage after all).

Haha, I've been playing too much GW2 lately, but I do like the Confusion and Torment effect over there. It punishes "spammy" gameplay, or super-sprinters without being a hard counter to those kinds of builds.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do have an added effect. Killing the thing. But seriously, they are baseline damage. They don't need anything special added. This is the damage source ZOS goes to for most things. If something needs a bit of flash or flavor, they will go with a more specialized damage type with extra effects. The world needs vanilla.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Physical:
    Minor Bleeding: small bleeding DoT, damage increases by X while moving. Damage while not moving would be very low, but increases to a above average DoT when moving.

Is this sarcasm?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think having them as "baseline" damage types for magicka and stamina is fine and doesn't really need to be muddled with an additional status effect.

...but I still support them being split in the CP system, too.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Physical:

Is this sarcasm?

Is that?

Anyway keep in mind these aren't things that will have a 100% up-time even if people are willing to invest in charged. They would be no more threatening than "burning" or "chilled" or "concussed".

Edited by danno8 on February 5, 2019 12:44AM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Physical:

Is this sarcasm?

Is that?

Anyway keep in mind these aren't things that will have a 100% up-time even if people are willing to invest in charged. They would be no more threatening than "burning" or "chilled" or "concussed".

Found the Bloodseeker spammer.

I bet you build Eul's/Dagon too.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

Physical:

Is this sarcasm?

Is that?

I play a Magicka Templar in PvP 99% of my playtime. Is that what you are talking about? Because

3d72f264b0cf2e7ad14d4eafd894c101fb52afd6e68f74af079d2ff93a495be3.jpg

If you guys don't like it...thats fine. I don't really care and was just throwing it out there.
    Edited by danno8 on February 5, 2019 3:05AM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

Physical:

Is this sarcasm?

Is that?

I play a Magicka Templar in PvP 99% of my playtime. Is that what you are talking about? Because

3d72f264b0cf2e7ad14d4eafd894c101fb52afd6e68f74af079d2ff93a495be3.jpg

If you guys don't like it...thats fine. I don't really care and was just throwing it out there.

there is a character in dota2 named bloodseeker and has an ultimate which rapidly decreases the targets health when they move.

Anyway ive heard when someone glyphs an elemental resistance they get immunity too. if thats true, having physical resistance automatically cancels status effect out, no?
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, but of yes, it should be minor fracture/breach.
    @Deepan on PC-EU