The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's this I hear, Lawrence Schick is leaving ZOS?

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
I just saw a message that looked to be from him saying that next week is going to be his last week at ZOS as Lore Master.

Where is the official post?
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore is pretty much the only thing that were amazing and “bugfree”

Probably with musics and overland landscapes
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you read this?
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it! But if it's true....it would be a VERY sad day indeed :'(
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Source?
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    Where did you read this?

A friend who runs the guild I helped co-found at launch.

Facebook
    link Here

tumblr_inline_plg374cl921sg06lu_1280.gif

Got a screencap?
    Edited by Numerikuu on February 4, 2019 4:21AM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    broken link.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You reminded me of my wife, she likes to see the credits of a movie, who cares who was the assistant of the second son of the director's cat.

anyway, good luck to him in his next adventure.
    Edited by Chicharron on February 4, 2019 4:41AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who will do the ritual sacrifices for good lore at zenimax? I loved his appearances in ESO live and his lore QAs and his contributions to Elder Scrolls lore.
    Edited by Aliyavana on February 6, 2019 4:37PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we love you @ZOS_Lawrence_Schick and wish you luck on the next adventure. Schick deserves his own dapper NPC
    Edited by Aliyavana on February 6, 2019 9:18PM
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s not jump the gun here. Haven’t y’all learned yet you can’t trust everything you read on Facebook? Let’s just let them make the announcement as that’s more appropriate than sharing a obviously private message (if it’s real).
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »
    Let’s not jump the gun here. Haven’t y’all learned yet you can’t trust everything you read on Facebook? Let’s just let them make the announcement as that’s more appropriate than sharing a obviously private message (if it’s real).

Yea I thought about it, but it is a public group site.

Edit: I tried to share a link but I guess you have to click the join group button to read it. I don't know, I've been a member since I created it, back during Private Beta, so I don't know how the public thing works or affects it.

What I mean is if it’s real, it appears it’s a private message to the person that posted it and he shared it with the group, which isn’t really appropriate.
    Edited by Shimmer on February 4, 2019 5:07AM
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that sucks... I loved all his appearances in media, and his back-end work was obviously on point.

Wish him the best of luck in his new endeavours.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 4, 2019 5:05AM
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I thought about it, but it is a public group site.

Edit: I tried to share a link but I guess you have to click the join group button to read it. I don't know, I've been a member since I created it, back during Private Beta, so I don't know how the public thing works or affects it.

What I mean is if it’s real, it appears it’s a private message to the person that posted it and he shared it with the group, which isn’t really appropriate.

Yea when I made the very first post I thought it came from here somewhere and was asking where the story was. Everything is gone now just in case.
    Edited by Casdha on February 4, 2019 5:45AM

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom if this is real, will there be an official article announcing this? He is one of the most beloved people at ZOS and keeps the lore holy.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please be fake, please be fake, please be fake, please be fake...
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they need that position filled anymore or can go without it.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they need that position filled anymore or can go without it.

I'm not wondering if they won't, I'm worried they won't.

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really, really regrettable. But that family comes first for him makes him only more likeable.

So ... does Kirkbride aleady have a new job after Telltale went bust? B)
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    That's really, really regrettable. But that family comes first for him makes him only more likeable.

Don't even think about it !
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ignoring the rumors, @ZOS_Lawrence_Schick, I just want to say that we all love you!
    Rawr
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give the guy a break. He is 119 years old (If you Google his name rofl)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope this isn’t true. @ZOS_Lawrence_Schick does an amazing job and I would be sad to see him go.

That being said, maybe we could bring Michael Kirkbride back in? At least for some freelance jobs, preferably while retaining Schick as loremaster. Again, he is amazing.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • bharathitman
    bharathitman
    ✭✭✭✭
    he’s been working with ZOS since the last 10 years. It’s totally understandable if he wants to work on something else or may be retire at this point in his life. I wish him the very best
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Heh, I knew that would rustle some feathers. But honestly, I don't think a leadership position like Schick's would be ideal for him, nevertheless I'd like to see him work at Bethesda again in some capacity. Also he's friends with Lawrence. Keeping it in the "family" seems best.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heh, I knew that would rustle some feathers. But honestly, I don't think a leadership position like Schick's would be ideal for him, nevertheless I'd like to see him work at Bethesda again in some capacity. Also he's friends with Lawrence. Keeping it in the "family" seems best.

If I'm not mistaken, he's only interested in and said to be good building only Dunmeri lore. I honestly don't want to look at only dunmeri content for the rest of ESO's life. I'm already salty enough that fandom sometimes feels like that there is only dunmer race and nothing else in TES.
    Edited by TiaFrye on February 4, 2019 6:31AM
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He probably got sick of ZOS bending and changing lore. It will be interesting if Bethesda in future ES games even mention the events that happened here other than the soul burst and will they just sweep it under the rug as the black sheep game.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancers + Dragons + Elsweyr all at the same time must have been too much for him, too.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes even the wisest wizards choose to sail across the sea to other unknown lands.

Should this be true we will miss you and could we all have a commemorative fez please yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And also before you let him out of the door you must get him back for one last ESO Live!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about LadyNerevar? :smirk: