Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A question for class reps

validifyedneb18_ESO
validifyedneb18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
so class reps, Im halways through the notes and I have I think a pretty important question to ask you.

There was a LOT of talk in these notes about how ZOS seem to be more active than usual, more devs in the meeting, lots of understanding from then about existing issues and working to fix them (eg the indication that a (vast?) number of fixes and tweaks where being worked on for update 22).

Did ZOS seem more active and engaged than usual? We have been promised things in the past that have been... less than was promised. Did this seem like a genuine change in pace for the development of the game?
EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think your question was answered by yourself and the notes you read through. Sounds like a resounding yes.

I'd imagine it has to do with the continuation of this program reaching what is over 6months now? the NDA means they can talk about long term plans and their overall vision instead of focusing on just patch details. They also save some time in these limited engagements because you get less conversations from reps saying "This is a problem the community feels ZOS." and their responses were something like "we know and we have plans, but we can't exactly talk about it right now." NDA allows them disclose future update information that links to current changes implemented.

For example, read what they said about Bosmer's sneak passive, it sounds like they're finally giving more options for any role to get more sneak potential outside of race/medium armor/sets. I wonder why Khajiit still have it to be honest if the passive might be slightly redundant in the future.

The team of class reps are dedicated and continue to do what they do for free, ZOS has probably built up a relationship and certain level of trust and understanding between everyone involved. I'm really happy to see what comes out of Elsweyr, it's usually the time for big changes, for better or for worse, hopefully better this year.

They're working on core systems instead of just class balance nerfs. The fact that racials are flat values makes balancing classes, cp and sets easier than it was before. Haulting cp progression shows promise too. It's almost a complete overhaul of what they've built up since one tamriel that has put the game out of control and seems to be why all of our classes felt gutted over time.

I'm very optimistic with a new combat lead and the class rep system in place this year. Racial passives was the best balance ZOS has ever done to date and it's clear their management and vision was lacking in past updates, where as now, there's promise.

My 2 cents. Fingers crossed.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very optimistic with a new combat lead and the class rep system in place this year. Racial passives was the best balance ZOS has ever done to date and it's clear their management and vision was lacking in past updates, where as now, there's promise.

Agreed, while we need the netch potes tommorow it seems like racials are almost all getting buffs either to damage or utility next week. If this really is as big a change in direction as it sounded then I say I am happy to wait for update 22 and onwards for some of the biggest changes to come.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade