The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Visible secondary weapons?

Drygon
Drygon
✭✭✭
It feels really strange how you weapon swap the weapon out of your ass, makes no sense and feels strange. It would be a lot more consistent if we could see all equiped weapons on the character. Would that be hard to implement? IS there any chance?
  • anatole1234
    anatole1234
    ✭✭✭
    That'd be dope
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, try Witcher 1, in that game all 4 swords are visible ^^1781658-2011_05_10_00001.jpeg
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drygon wrote: »
    It feels really strange how you weapon swap the weapon out of your ass, makes no sense and feels strange. It would be a lot more consistent if we could see all equiped weapons on the character. Would that be hard to implement? IS there any chance?

Funny you say that, I always thought the same thing too. I can carry two weapons but you only ever see me with one. That's one loose ass to be able to hide my entire inferno staff and swap it out at will.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, with as much stuff as my Vestige is hoarding in her inventory, where the secondary weapon goes is the least of my questions.

I want to know where the 10 Pact ballistas and 5 forward camps are hiding. Or maybe its better not to think too hard about that...
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, with as much stuff as my Vestige is hoarding in her inventory, where the secondary weapon goes is the least of my questions.

I want to know where the 10 Pact ballistas and 5 forward camps are hiding. Or maybe its better not to think too hard about that...

*Magic*
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just be happy if my bar-swap didn't cause both of my weapons to look like my vMA staff every time. My front bar is supposed to look like infal, not vMA. It is not so easy to tell what bar you are on in this game anyway as half the time a bar swap is canceled by some minor cc.

Not incidentally, how about you make bar-swap go off every time when you hit it regardless of what else is happening. Not so fun to find out your on the wrong bar and casting the wrong skill because of some minor CC you didn't even notice.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    312trud.jpg
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems reasonable... some ppl like hiding staffs in their butt :trollface:

Making a change, that the offbar weapon is always worn on the back, and onhand bar weapons are always in the hands may be a good change in terms of optics

Dunno how it would be when you sheath you mainhand ...2 staffs on your back ?

may be working easy with like DW / Bow, where the DW is sheated on the belt, and the bow on the back...double staff, like 2 staffs on the back...may look ridic, but why not
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 4, 2019 8:27AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 staffs would look quite fun, like staff ninja mage but what the heck do we do with 2 shields?
    Rawr
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    2 staffs would look quite fun, like staff ninja mage but what the heck do we do with 2 shields?

Shieldception :open_mouth:
    prob keep 1 shield in your hand...whiel having one on the back and 2 swords on the belt :joy:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drygon wrote: »

I am not opposed to this being an option.

However, think of this... think of how much gear your character can carry, think of how much gear is in the craft bag, think of how much gear is stored in the bank (which is one guy when using an assistant).

We have to suspend reality for these things to work, as with many things in such a fantasy game. Our characters do not even carry a bag, so where does all our stuff go? They just magic out a chest or bag and rummage around for gear that could never ever fit in it!

So in my mind, its magic. Its a magic bag, a magic craft bag and the banker etc are using similar magic. The stuff gets stored magically and can be withdrawn as required... that is how I think of the weapons as well. Were using magic.

But as I say, I am not opposed to having the aesthetic option available to show all weapons.
  • Drygon
    Drygon
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, you convinced me, i will imagine my character is a conjurer and has a pocked of oblivion to store his things... :D
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes visible 2nd bar weapons would be a great option and should be put in
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes pls.
    But i dont want it in my foot.
    Or you didnt see this bug.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd like a visible 2nd weapon but i want it to be an option.

Nothing says i am stupid then having two staves on your back while rocking a bear mount. an option would be nice since this is really all about physical weapons rather than magicka ones.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or if you just want 1 weapon, then they should let you just switch the bar over but keep only 1 weapon.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a thread about this just days ago... :P
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stam elves use bow/bow. My magic elves use staff/staff. My tank used S&B/S&B So. . . no change needed here but wouldn't mind/care if there was an option to show other weapon when not in use for those who want it.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it